Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You do realise braga took the game to us wed night, difference was we had something to hold on to, 

Gerrard struggles to take the upper hand in games, hence why we suck domestically 

Meant more in our faces and wanting it more, we've struggled consistently against this mentality

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Comparing klopp and fergie, two successful managers before liverpool and united respectively, to a guy who was an u18's coach less than 2 years ago

Fuck me

Fuck you?

Previous experience was not the point, relative success and pressure from fans was.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Comparing klopp and fergie, two successful managers before liverpool and united respectively, to a guy who was an u18's coach less than 2 years ago

Fuck me

The ‘who do we bring in’ question is a loaded one. 

Some posters on here truly believe there are no quality, experienced winners who’d want the job. It’s incredible 

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Fuck you?

Previous experience was not the point, relative success and pressure from fans was.

Theres no comparison, klopp and fergie could warrant extra time because their history allows them it

What has gerrard achieved managerial wise to afford him the same luxuries

3 minutes ago, badjon said:

They were good enough up till the winter break.

Fuck all of that can't even bear thinking about the possibilities you listed 😠

I don't think we were mate.

We did put in some fine performances with some nice slick football and rose to the challenge in some games, but there were others where we were very ordinary, with the obvious flaws but managed to grind out a result.

Some basic problems for me...

Gerrard played 433. In the UEFA coaching manuals, that is described as an attacking system. We did so in a few games, but for most we played a ponderous style and took forever to get up the park and put ourselves on the backfoot. Wrong system for that shite.

We also remained to have players of limited ability and several players just not at it for long spells, but they remained Gerrard's  first pick. Namely Tav, who has been dug shite all season. Goldson and Arfield of very limited ability imo. Ojo, dug shite. Aribo, with some talent, but never a team player, full of the shitebaggery, but he's not alone.

Then there is Alfie. If we can't beat shite like Hearts without him, then we don't deserve to win anything. I don't care what the deniers think, but something has gone on with him. Alfie left the building after the 29th Dec and is simply done with us.

Hagi, our best player now imo, doesn't start. Baffling decision! 

Katic treated like shite by Gerrard. 

None of these players pick themselves, but only the blind could not see the repeated flaws. Down to Gerrard at the end of day.

The wheels have truly came off the wagon.

Sad to see, but it was always coming. Failure to learn is what puts you out of business.

I've said it before, Gerrard is gone in the summer if not before. The hoeymonn period is well over and he doesn't like what he has married, albeit much of the problem down to him.

Don't know where we go from here. Unless you are the super optimist we are out of Europe  this next round and the future looks pretty depressing.

Scum game up soon and can only pray we don't get humiliated.

Crises time, but we'll have to wait on the outcome, but if there is no massive change of personnel in that team, we can expect more humiliation. To continually play so bad since the break and outwith Katic, to show players there are no consequences for such dug shite and shitebaggery, it sends all the wrong messages and we end up with just more of the same as we witnessed today and there is no hope.

Something has got to give soon.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Theres no comparison, klopp and fergie could warrant extra time because their history allows them it

What has gerrard achieved managerial wise to afford him the same luxuries

If we are not happy with the progress made with a youth team manager,  then we should be addressing our frustrations to those that took a risk and hired the youth team manager. 

I like him, I want him to succeed here but if he goes no sympathy from me 

Has made no changes to his system or really to his personnel despite how shite we’ve been and we are continually our fought and out thought by the likes of Kilmarnock, Hearts and Aberdeen

Snippet from his press conference.

Forget the title for now. This was a quarter-final opportunity. The performance we gave is not enough and that’s my responsibility. I feel like I have majorly let the fans down.”

I guarantee not one player feels like that expressed by the manager

@Blue Avenger

but there were others where we were very ordinary, with the obvious flaws but managed to grind out a result

Your words and that is what wins league flags. It does not need to be pretty it needs to deliver 3 points. I see them doing this despite whatever gets in the way, we since the break have not shown the drive, willingness and fight to achieve that.

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

If we are not happy with the progress made with a youth team manager,  then we should be addressing our frustrations to those that took a risk and hired the youth team manager. 

True, but the board are at a different level of wankerism at this club, 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Forget the title for now. This was a quarter-final opportunity. The performance we gave is not enough and that’s my responsibility. I feel like I have majorly let the fans down.”

I agree the players outwith a handful if that know fuck all what it means.

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

You deleted that quite quick did you not? 

Sniff sniff

Aye. 

Was a premature post. Saw lots on Twitter that he’d walked. Made a post. Subsequently deleted it as none of the mainstream news backed it up.

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

What about our main fucking striker no turning up for us the night? How the fuck is that Gerrards fault?

So morelos is dropped, and we have no target man up front, so why the fuck does gerrard play a system reliant on a target man, its not fucking rocket science

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Maybe one or two wake up tomorrow feeling that gut wrenching feeling we’ll all have tomorrow. The rest don’t give a fuck picking up ££££s in wages every week. That’s the problem. I want 11 players on the pitch regardless of ability who would die for the jersey, we have 2 if we’re lucky

Archived