Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't think we were mate.

We did put in some fine performances with some nice slick football and rose to the challenge in some games, but there were others where we were very ordinary, with the obvious flaws but managed to grind out a result.

Some basic problems for me...

Gerrard played 433. In the UEFA coaching manuals, that is described as an attacking system. We did so in a few games, but for most we played a ponderous style and took forever to get up the park and put ourselves on the backfoot. Wrong system for that shite.

We also remained to have players of limited ability and several players just not at it for long spells, but they remained Gerrard's  first pick. Namely Tav, who has been dug shite all season. Goldson and Arfield of very limited ability imo. Ojo, dug shite. Aribo, with some talent, but never a team player, full of the shitebaggery, but he's not alone.

Then there is Alfie. If we can't beat shite like Hearts without him, then we don't deserve to win anything. I don't care what the deniers think, but something has gone on with him. Alfie left the building after the 29th Dec and is simply done with us.

Hagi, our best player now imo, doesn't start. Baffling decision! 

Katic treated like shite by Gerrard. 

None of these players pick themselves, but only the blind could not see the repeated flaws. Down to Gerrard at the end of day.

The wheels have truly came off the wagon.

Sad to see, but it was always coming. Failure to learn is what puts you out of business.

I've said it before, Gerrard is gone in the summer if not before. The hoeymonn period is well over and he doesn't like what he has married, albeit much of the problem down to him.

Don't know where we go from here. Unless you are the super optimist we are out of Europe  this next round and the future looks pretty depressing.

Scum game up soon and can only pray we don't get humiliated.

Crises time, but we'll have to wait on the outcome, but if there is no massive change of personnel in that team, we can expect more humiliation. To continually play so bad since the break and outwith Katic, to show players there are no consequences for such dug shite and shitebaggery, it sends all the wrong messages and we end up with just more of the same as we witnessed today and there is no hope.

Something has got to give soon.

That last paragragh is startingly true.

Let’s be honest if this was say Graham Murty, Derek McInnes, Tommy Wright etc they’d have been chased tonight ( Probably long before tonight)

The guy is living off a reputation he made as a player at Liverpool 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So morelos is dropped, and we have no target man up front, so why the fuck does gerrard play a system reliant on a target man, its not fucking rocket science

Morelos is the best player in our team, why is he fucking about elsewhere at this stage of the season? He has let us down again.

Stewart has never been a striker in his life. The line up tonight was fucking dreadful.

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Let’s be honest if this was say Graham Murty, Derek McInnes, Tommy Wright etc they’d have been chased tonight ( Probably long before tonight)

The guy is living off a reputation he made as a player at Liverpool 

Obviously but this team bet a Braga team that's on fire the other night? 

The players have the mentality for european games but not the same for the shite for st johnstone etc.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Eck got chased for less

Eck at least proved he was capable of delivering trophies and like you say he was chased for us being shite in the league 

Under Gerrard we haven’t been close in the league 2 seasons running. Fuck if I mind right in the Pedro/Murty season we still at least had half a chance at the league if we beat them in the OF at Ibrox 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

We can’t sack him lol, don’t give a fuck what anyone says, the cost of him and his starting 11 of coaches is phenomenal. He has to walk. 

Europe is a bonus, about time him and the players realised that

We could put him on leave our management are not bullet proof mate. 

11 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Worrying my hole, if he doesn't want to be here get him to fuck.

This is a bad situation for us. If he walks we are on a loser. Crisis now, but even bigger if he goes.

Maybe today he has recognised what the demands are in being a Rangers manager.

Maybe he's realised that playing favourites doesn't work.

I give him one more game and if I am seeing the same usual blue eyes playing, then he can go, because he is either thick or in complete denial. Either way it's leading us to disaster and a laughing stock..

We need much better.

1 minute ago, ShanksRFC said:

The players have the mentality for european games but not the same for the shite for st johnstone etc.

Braga makes no difference to me, progress in Europe is excellent but not if your biggest rivals are strolling to 12 trophies, 3 trebles and 9 leagues in a row.

If you put mentality aside he’s bought a team and put together a system that’s great at counter attacking better sides in Europe but aren’t any good at the bread and butter of beating the absolute shite that makes up the SPFL

Kilmarnock can’t even beat the Connah’s Quay Nomads but continually embarrass us. It’s nowhere near good enough, this is his team and if that’s the best he can give us then he can leave as far as I concerned 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He was told this when we were actually doing well in the first half of the season and denied he had any favourites 

He’s not changing any time soon from what I can see

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Still cost millions that we don’t have, simple as that. We’ve gambled with Gerrard and it’s seriously backfired 

We might not have it but one of the board members will need to pay up simple. It would be suicidal business to have a management team all on contracts we couldn't afford to bin if necessary.

Just now, KingKirk said:

We might not have it but one of the board members will need to pay up simple. It would be suicidal business to have a management team all on contracts we couldn't afford to bin if necessary.

Gerrard and his backroom staff are on at least a conservative £5 million a year. Not a chance we have a plan in place to pay them off. Simple as that mate

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Gerrard and his backroom staff are on at least a conservative £5 million a year. Not a chance we have a plan in place to pay them off. Simple as that mate

How do you know? Oh yeah you don't.

13 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Or his one and only formation/tactic is designed for europe and not dometic football.

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Braga makes no difference to me, progress in Europe is excellent but not if your biggest rivals are strolling to 12 trophies, 3 trebles and 9 leagues in a row.

If you put mentality aside he’s bought a team and put together a system that’s great at counter attacking better sides in Europe but aren’t any good at the bread and butter of beating the absolute shite that makes up the SPFL

Kilmarnock can’t even beat the Connah’s Quay Nomads but continually embarrass us. It’s nowhere near good enough, this is his team and if that’s the best he can give us then he can leave as far as I concerned 

The same players destroyed teams up to that game against celtic at porkheid? How is that Gerrards fault?

The current players have a mentality issue. They can raise it against the tims and euro games but cant against the shite.

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We can’t sack him lol, don’t give a fuck what anyone says, the cost of him and his starting 11 of coaches is phenomenal. He has to walk. 

Europe is a bonus, about time him and the players realised that

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This is a bad situation for us. If he walks we are on a loser. Crisis now, but even bigger if he goes.

Maybe today he has recognised what the demands are in being a Rangers manager.

I give him one more game and if I am seeing the same usual blue eyes playing, then he can go, because he is either thick or in complete denial. Either way it's leading us to disaster and a laughing stock..

We need much better.

Who do you think comes in?  I don't know either BTW. 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

McInnes is a cunt who was correctly rejected as a managerial option on here by most and he’d still have us in a better position domestically than Gerrard IMO

🤣🤣🤣 aww fuck off.

When did he last win against them?

Archived