Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think the part in bold is a fair comment. .

Gerrard was fully aware of the importance of that game, as he is with all games. The players are too. However, if you watch that performance then the players were clearly not desperate to win. They should have left everything out there. They didn't. Not even close.

Exactly this.

Ive said it before whatever formation you play if our players are up for it and all play a 7/10 we beat anyone in Scotland unless the scum are on form. The players didn’t want that win....again. They should be hurting but they’ll just go back home and not give a fuck.

He needs to seriously consider dropping players that are letting him down, even if that means drafting in youngsters. I said it under McCoist, then McCall then warburton complacency will destroy you from the inside and the only way to stop it is to show players who think they are undroppable that they aren’t and picking a youth player over them is the biggest kick up the arse they can get.

Remember when Andy Murdoch got into the team, now he wasn’t a world beater but he had desire and heart and it showed.

Look at Kamberi, why the fuck is an on loan hibs player showing more fight and effort than players that Gerrard trusts the most?

Absolutely gutted that once again it’s a lack of fight that has cost us a very winnable competition. 

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Reckon we need a new captain on the pitch tbh 

If Tav had any self respect he’d have a) done a post match interview and b) resigned from the captaincy, he gave up penalty duty because he lost it and I think it should be the same here.

Question is who can Gerrard trust? Arfield for me has been the only one recently showing the right attitude but I’d have taken Jack as captain in a heartbeat for his pre-winter break form.

Wether or not he stays I don’t know- who on earth we would get I don’t know.

what I do know is that Gerrard will have learned a lot in this spell as boss and I highly doubt he’ll make the same mistakes in believing in certain types of players again. 
we were flying and looking great under his tactics and yeah it would be great if we had the perfect manager with better players that can switch formations mid game etc but we don’t and probably never will.  So I’m not going to sit here and blame his tactics or formation which was getting us really good results pre Christmas.  Nor am I going to say it’s Dubai because the same happened after going to Tenerife the earlier season after ending that year on a high.

the problem is the personnel to choose from. Granted he’s signed them but while we’re not winning the league there’s no doubt we’re not fighting for 3rd place- we’ve got players that accept 2nd best and either Gerrard or the next manager has to sign players that don’t accept being 2nd best

Just now, KingKirk said:

I'll say it again I love the man.

The only way he's got a chance of success is if he comes out and explain what's happening because right now this squad are not throwing but launching him under a bus.

Spot on

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

The only way he's got a chance of success is if he comes out and explain what's happening because right now this squad are not throwing but launching him under a bus.

The same squad that beat quality teams in Europe, please explain.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why does he continually play the same players then? It was no different to the 2-1 and it’s the same players for the most part.

Did you not see our tactics were completely different from the last game?

Too many people are getting bogged down with this 433 formation.....a 433 against braga is different from a 433 against St Johnstone.....well it is if you watch the game.....what we need is better personell for the Scottish game 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why does he continually play the same players then? It was no different to the 2-1 and it’s the same players for the most part.

Honestly, I dunno mate. I guess not many of our players, if any get pass marks since January. There's an argument to pretty much drop every player. But where do you start and where do you end? How long do you give a player to play their way out of form. You could be planning on dropping a player or players then you see the Braga performances and you think, oh hold maybe they're back. 

Today, most people won't agree but I do think we have a strong first 11 (probably even a solid 15/16). I think we have good players so i'm genuinely at a bit of loss to some of our poor performances. Most people on here get it wrong, myself included.  Tav was out, we miss him. We're better with him in the team. Borna was out. We need him and Tav together then we'll be better. Play Katic, play Edmundson, we're missing Davis (cup final), we need Morelos, play Stewart, Hagi will be that creative spark, Jack will save us, Goldson is our best defender, Kent will make the difference. I could go on. And it applies to all players. BUT I still think they are good players. I'm sure Gerrard does too. It's fucking infuriating. You then have the dilemma do I play out of form players, hoping they click or do I bring in Polster, Jones, Kennedy, McPake, Docherty, Patterson, Halliday, McCrorie etc. Some fans will say yes. For the most part I would say not. Seen someone on Twitter mention McCrorie though. Tonight's game was probably ideal for his style of play.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Did you not see our tactics were completely different from the last game?

Too many people are getting bogged down with this 433 formation.....a 433 against braga is different from a 433 against St Johnstone.....well it is if you watch the game.....what we need is better personell for the Scottish game 

A 433 against Hearts is the same 433 against Hearts though, that’s my point. Same players weren’t up for it then or the night. So he canny be shocked at all.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Did you not want him sacked a week ago? :lol:

Archived