Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Boils my piss that.

They dont need to come in and have a heavy training session, but surely to fuck the analysts could have the game reviewed with faults  identified to watch over or something. Then monday and Tuesday are more productive to improve what went wrong.

Fuck their day off. Day wasted potentially improving.

Stevie does have to get home to see wife and weans and I doubt he would want anyone else filling their head with shite, as opposed to him filling their head with his shite.

What happened yesterday is far from new, so wtf was his analysis and learning previously? The answer is, there wasn't any, obviously.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Probably looking too much into it but "expected" to lead the team on Wed?

Did this guy not also tell us a short time before Stevie spoke yesterday, that there was no problem with Alfredo, he was just away visiting his mum and nothing was wrong.

I would also like to add I have no idea why some think he will be sacked,?

I do not believe the board have any intention of doing that (even if they wanted they probably cannot afford to) this is all coming form what Stevie said last night, that HE had to do some serious thinking over the next 24 -48 hours about whether he and his coaching staff could get any more out of the players. It is no one but himself who has started the talk of him walking away. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Did this guy not also tell us a short time before Stevie spoke yesterday, that there was no problem with Alfredo, he was just away visiting his mum and nothing was wrong.

I do not believe the board have any intention of doing that (even if they wanted they probably cannot afford to) this is all coming form what Stevie said last night, that HE had to do some serious thinking over the next 24 -48 hours about whether he and his coaching staff could get any more out of the players. It is no one but himself who has started the talk of him walking away. 

They are clickbaity as fuck mate. Ryan Jack is free to keave on loan was their story at the start of the season.

Gerrard and his back room apparently don’t know how to build a team. We have brought in dross whilst allowing other players to leave who would be up for the fight.

We have too many talented players who lack heart. We can sometimes afford one player who doesn’t tackle, but to play 3 or 4 like we did yesterday was comical.

Ojo and Barker require no comment.

I’d sell Barasic. I honestly think he flatters to deceive. I’d keep Tav but only as a back-up.

Aribo I’d keep, but as one to come off the bench in some games and start in others.

Time to cash in on Alfie and bring in a big imposing striker who is also decent technically. I’d get rid of Defoe too, or maybe keep him around as a coach, but I certainly wouldn’t rely on him.

Davis is done as far as I can tell. We’ll need at least 2 decent quality midfielders.

30 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You think yesterdays second half was a blip?

Some of our fans are absolutely blinded by the name Steven Gerrard.

I honestly don't get why some in our support think this is a blip. 

This is the 3rd time we've failed to beat hearts at tynecastle. The worst team in the league. 

For the 2nd season in a row we've blown the league right after the winter break. We've now exited the scottish cup as well at QF for the 2nd season straight. 

This isn't a blip it is a trend.  

How will it look for Gerrard  if he quits  because he cant motivate the players? (he brought in btw).

What other club would give him a job in these circumstances?

Hes got to identify who is us up for the fight and who isnt.  He then has to build a team that can be successful domestically.

A good manager has to be adaptable and his job is to provide us with a team that wins in the environment we play 90% of our games.

21 minutes ago, tm91 said:

No matter how down he was, he shouldn't have done that interview. He's pretty much signed his own resignation papers already because of the wording he used and the manner in which he did the interview. Now it's just a matter of when and how.

This is what I keep thinking, how after that interview can he really get anything out of a team that he is only getting something from in Europe.

I think he has put himself in a very difficult place now and even if he stays, it will not last now. I may well have got that all wrong but that is my gut feeling.  

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Gerrard and his back room apparently don’t know how to build a team. We have brought in dross whilst allowing other players to leave who would be up for the fight.

We have too many talented players who lack heart. We can sometimes afford one player who doesn’t tackle, but to play 3 or 4 like we did yesterday was comical.

Ojo and Barker require no comment.

I’d sell Barasic. I honestly think he flatters to deceive. I’d keep Tav but only as a back-up.

Aribo I’d keep, but as one to come off the bench in some games and start in others.

Time to cash in on Alfie and bring in a big imposing striker who is also decent technically. I’d get rid of Defoe too, or maybe keep him around as a coach, but I certainly wouldn’t rely on him.

Davis is done as far as I can tell. We’ll need at least 2 decent quality midfielders.

Sell barisic but keep tav as backup? You mental? Tav is a serial loser that was jobbing around league one in England till he lucked in on us, barisic ia the croatian starting left back, 

Tav should be the first out the door 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sell barisic but keep tav as backup? You mental? Tav is a serial loser that was jobbing around league one in England till he lucked in on us, barisic ia the croatian starting left back, 

Tav should be the first out the door 

Barasic will get us a decent amount of cash. We need to improve the squad and I don’t think Barasic would play second fiddle to anyone, Tav might.

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

How will it look for Gerrard  if he quits  because he cant motivate the players? (he brought in btw).

What other club would give him a job in these circumstances?

Hes got to identify who is us up for the fight and who isnt.  He then has to build a team that can be successful domestically.

A good manager has to be adaptable and his job is to provide us with a team that wins in the environment we play 90% of our games.

He needs to drop the players who casually approach the games and clearly don’t give a fuck first and foremost.

Identify 11 players who will give their all on the park even if that means playing a youngster or polster, Halliday, Jones etc. Just give us players who will empty the tank and will hurt if we don’t win because that will spur them on to win.

Kinda wish docherty, Murphy and mccrorie were all at the club as the players who have the best technical ability seem to not give a shite on the park what the result is.

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

No question mate the board won't sack Gerrard. 

Watching that post match interview but you can't help but think he's giving up. 

Our board and ross Wilson better be prepared right now for the possibility of him walking away.  We'll need someone in quickly. 

The thought of Murty caretaker part 3 is a nightmare. 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Barasic will get us a decent amount of cash. We need to improve the squad and I don’t think Barasic would play second fiddle to anyone, Tav might.

Fine if we cash in on barisic, but id fucking spend that money on someone to take tav off our hands

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

No question mate the board won't sack Gerrard. 

Watching that post match interview but you can't help but think he's giving up. 

Our board and ross Wilson better be prepared right now for the possibility of him walking away.  We'll need someone in quickly. 

The thought of Murty caretaker part 3 is a nightmare. 

It has just surprised me that people have not realised why this discussion started last night, it has nothing to do with anyone but Stevie himself.

I personally think his interview last night has made it very difficult for him to continue to be honest.

I do hope this is sorted one way or another by tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This is what I keep thinking, how after that interview can he really get anything out of a team that he is only getting something form in Europe.

I think he has put himself in a very difficult place now and even if he stays, it will not last now. I may well have got that all wrong but that is my gut feeling.  

Can you magine the recriminations at the next defeat and it is coming?! 

If he doesn't leave now, he's simply a dead man walking and he knows it. No way are we getting past the Germans, so it's cheerio to that competition. We have two games against the scum, so can you imagine the outcry if they skelp us at home?! Then the small matter of the likiehood that we drop points against the rest of the dross.

He goes, sooner or later, as there is now no winnng for him. I seriously doubt he sees this season out and lucky if he survives this week. The longer he stays, the worse it will be for him and I doubt he's that stupid not to realise that.

Just now, Bears r us said:

It has just surprised me that people have not realised why this discussion started last night, it has nothing to do with anyone but Stevie himself.

I personally think his interview last night has made it very difficult for him to continue to be honest.

I do hope this is sorted one way or another by tomorrow. 

He was distraught at losing such an important game.

The 24-48 hours isn’t necessarily about his future as manager but more around his approach to managing this set of players. He needs to re-evaluate our formation, our playing style and most importantly who he can actually trust to give their all and execute the game plan domestically as well as in Europe.

i can’t see him walking away at this point in the season it’s just not his character.

I do think however he needs to start giving the hairdryer treatment like good old fashioned managers used to do. The players need to fear coming into the dressing room at half time or full time if they are playing shite. That way the fear drives them on to do better because they simply have to.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The 24-48 hours isn’t necessarily about his future as manager but more around his approach to managing this set of players. He needs to re-evaluate our formation, our playing style and most importantly who he can actually trust to give their all and execute the game plan domestically as well as in Europe.

i can’t see him walking away at this point in the season it’s just not his character.

I do think however he needs to start giving the hairdryer treatment like good old fashioned managers used to do. The players need to fear coming into the dressing room at half time or full time if they are playing shite. That way the fear drives them on to do better because they simply have to.

None of that is actually going to happen though, if he stays (he shouldnt) hes not going to change formation or tactics because hes either too stubborn or doesn't know any other way to play.

We'll line up on Wednesday night with our same formation & the only players replaced will be those who got injured yesterday 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can you magine the recriminations at the next defeat and it is coming?! 

If he doesn't leave now, he's simply a dead man walking and he knows it. No way are we getting past the Germans, so it's cheerio to that competition. We have two games against the scum, so can you imagine the outcry if they skelp us at home?! Then the small matter of the likiehood that we drop points against the rest of the dross.

He goes, sooner or later, as there is now no winnng for him. I seriously doubt he sees this season out and lucky if he survives this week. The longer he stays, the worse it will be for him and I doubt he's that stupid not to realise that.

I could not agree more mate, I cannot see how he can continue with any authority now to be honest.

This does need to come to a head as soon as possible, but I think is is over now for Stevie unfortunately even if he stays tomorrow, which is a real pity, but not all great footballers make good managers.  

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Go on...

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Go on...

Rangers have already denied it to the press mate. 

Rumour was players etc had been called in and he was off. But Rangers have said its not true 

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Words are meaningless, no matter how loud you shout.

Only action is needed and he starts by dropping the dug shite on Wednesday. If not it's more of the same, more pain, learning nothing and he WILL get hunted. He looks to be the master in only his downfall.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He certainly should have been distraught, like all of us supporters were.

Having said that you may be right about what he was saying, I am just not sure. It seemed to me he was speaking about his future as much as anything.

We will no doubt find out at the latest tomorrow, because we are now in hellish position with our domestic season ended in Feb.   

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

None of that is actually going to happen though, if he stays (he shouldnt) hes not going to change formation or tactics because hes either too stubborn or doesn't know any other way to play.

We'll line up on Wednesday night with our same formation & the only players replaced will be those who got injured yesterday 

If he does then I’ll not be disappointed if he goes because something has to change be it personnel or formation.

Archived