Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Rangers have already denied it to the press mate. 

Rumour was players etc had been called in and he was off. But Rangers have said its not true 

This is categorically 100% not true.  The players were not called in and told he was off.  The board also will not be getting rid of him.  I have no idea what SG is thinking but the board won’t get rid in and that story about the players being told he is gone is nonsense.  Don’t care if anyone believes me but that is the truth.

This board won’t/ can’t sack him financially plus he’s got a Euro run on the go. But if he’s thinking any thoughts of chucking it I hope he does it quickly this is torture enough without dragging it out. 

Upon reflection I am happy for Gerrard to have another season. Cannot see any pluses in getting rid of him.

The squad have shown that when they all turn up we're a force to be reckoned with. There will be changes in the summer - 5/6 first picks in/out.

I still believe that Gerrard will get it right.

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

This board won’t/ can’t sack him financially plus he’s got a Euro run on the go. But if he’s thinking any thoughts of chucking it I hope he does it quickly this is torture enough without dragging it out. 

I agree mate, he started all this with his interviews last night. We fans have been through far too much over the last years to still be wondering if he is walking or not. 

Apparently someone from Rangers has denied he is going, maybe just a wee statement on the web site or twitter if true, would let us know what is going on. 

10 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

This is categorically 100% not true.  The players were not called in and told he was off.  The board also will not be getting rid of him.  I have no idea what SG is thinking but the board won’t get rid in and that story about the players being told he is gone is nonsense.  Don’t care if anyone believes me but that is the truth.

How do you know RDB14. Do you know someone on the inside?

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Upon reflection I am happy for Gerrard to have another season. Cannot see any pluses in getting rid of him.

The squad have shown that when they all turn up we're a force to be reckoned with. There will be changes in the summer - 5/6 first picks in/out.

I still believe that Gerrard will get it right.

Be saying that after 13 in a row wgen our tactics havent changed.

If he's sacked/quits, it must be at the end of the season imo, it does no one any good leaving now, I wouldn't put it past us to give leverkusen a right hard tie and he doesn't strike me as a shite bag, personally I'd like him here for another season as I just don't see anyone else banging the door down. 

3 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

How do you know RDB14. Do you know someone on the inside?

Yes.  I’m not saying who for obvious reasons.  I hope SG wants to stay but I have no idea what he’s thinking.  He is definitely not being sacked and the players haven’t been told he is off. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Whatever happens, he needs to tell the club if he's staying next season or not.

Can't wait until the end of the season to decide.

Shouldn't be up to him, like any other manager who is on a terrible run of form and is watching their rivals swagger to another 3 trophies, he should be removed. 

On a personal level he wont want sacked from his 1st job as a manager so if that's the case give him the opportunity to resign

It seems that we're sitting waiting on Gerrard (a rookie manager) deciding if he can be arsed staying here to try with us...we gave him his first job in management (a massive job at that) & he's been backed financially by the board. 

He's not fucking Guardiola or something who gets the respect of deciding if he wants to stay, hes not done a good enough job for that privilege.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Yes.  I’m not saying who for obvious reasons.  I hope SG wants to stay but I have no idea what he’s thinking.  He is definitely not being sacked and the players haven’t been told he is off. 

Can you say their thoughts on it? What’s the players thoughts etc? Surely they know they’re fuck ups. 

He should be away by now, another trophy less season caused by many poor management decisions, seen writing on the wall when he left Alfredo on the bench for first old firm, and his inability to know when someone is no good (ojo), Tav (never captain material), and too scared to drop poor form players (kamara after first 2 games back). 

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Ok fair enough, it is good to know someone who is in the know.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Shouldn't be up to him, like any other manager who is on a terrible run of form and is watching their rivals swagger to another 3 trophies, he should be removed. 

On a personal level he wont want sacked from his 1st job as a manager so if that's the case give him the opportunity to resign

It seems that we're sitting waiting on Gerrard (a rookie manager) deciding if he can be arsed staying here to try with us...we gave him his first job in management (a massive job at that) & he's been backed financially by the board. 

He's not fucking Guardiola or something who gets the respect of deciding if he wants to stay, hes not done a good enough job for that privilege.

He WILL get the opportunity to resign. 

If he refuses King will simply bag him, see him court in around five years time, is how it works with Dave.

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

No one expects him to be sacked mate, this all started from his interviews after then game yesterday and him needing 24 - 48 hrs to think about what he was going to do.   

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree mate, he started all this with his interviews last night. We fans have been through far too much over the last years to still be wondering if he is walking or not. 

Apparently someone from Rangers has denied he is going, maybe just a wee statement on the web site or twitter if true, would let us know what is going on. 

Watched it on premier sports, basically the old setanta, think it's still the same tottie muncher that runs it, they interviewed SG at the start and the Morelos thing was brought up right away, why get drawn into that, should've said fuck all. They jumped on it right away even mccoist, make you fucking sick. Agreed a wee statement on the web site would be good. We are good at statements after all.

Just now, Jb85 said:

Can you say their thoughts on it? What’s the players thoughts etc? Surely they know they’re fuck ups. 

I can’t say in detail but I have more than 1 contact close to things and the general consensus is disappointment at how things have fallen away since the winter break.  However, I also think it’s felt that we aren’t far away from things clicking into place and nobody inside the club is blaming Gerrard.  That’s my understanding anyway.  It’s worth keeping in mind that different people in the club may have different opinions. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He WILL get the opportunity to resign. 

If he refuses King will simply bag him, see him court in around five years time, is how it works with Dave.

That's what I'm worried about & what I think is coming 

Cant see it being a clean exit anyway, its going to be the club dragged through the mud again over the next few weeks/months

Archived