Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

I can’t say in detail but I have more than 1 contact close to things and the general consensus is disappointment at how things have fallen away since the winter break.  However, I also think it’s felt that we aren’t far away from things clicking into place and nobody inside the club is blaming Gerrard.  That’s my understanding anyway.  It’s worth keeping in mind that different people in the club may have different opinions. 

Disappointment? That’s an understatement, they should be devastated and frustrated and determined to right the wrongs and reimburse travelling bears after such turgid shite

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

No one expects him to be sacked mate, this all started from his interviews after then game yesterday and him needing 24 - 48 hrs to think about what he was going to do.   

I personally don’t think SG has helped the situation by not clearing up yesterday that he is in this until we stop celtic unless the board tell him otherwise.  All this “I need to think” chat without clarifying he is going nowhere is not helpful or fair to the fans now wondering what he is thinking.  Probably just an emotional reaction but still.

On the sacking thing - I’m just trying to assure that this is 100% not happening.  The only way he is leaving anytime soon is if he wants to leave. 

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Shouldn't be up to him, like any other manager who is on a terrible run of form and is watching their rivals swagger to another 3 trophies, he should be removed. 

On a personal level he wont want sacked from his 1st job as a manager so if that's the case give him the opportunity to resign

It seems that we're sitting waiting on Gerrard (a rookie manager) deciding if he can be arsed staying here to try with us...we gave him his first job in management (a massive job at that) & he's been backed financially by the board. 

He's not fucking Guardiola or something who gets the respect of deciding if he wants to stay, hes not done a good enough job for that privilege.

You are forgetting however that this current board have no backbone. 

Can you honestly see Robertson and King saying to Gerrard either resign or be sacked. 

They have heavily invested in the Gerrard project and will allow Gerrard to stay on, if he wants to be here. 

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Disappointment? That’s an understatement, they should be devastated and frustrated and determined to right the wrongs and reimburse travelling bears after such turgid shite

Frustrated... disappointed... same same.  Never heard of clubs reimbursing fans for a 1-0 cup upset.  Especially a club who are actively investing in a loss making project until we turn the tide.

Pointless staying on if it's just going to be more of the same, needs to grow a pair and bin the players that aren't playing for him, then prove he can adapt as a manager or he'll never make it. 

Should never have got to this stage but it is what is. 

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

I personally don’t think SG has helped the situation by not clearing up yesterday that he is in this until we stop celtic unless the board tell him otherwise.  All this “I need to think” chat without clarifying he is going nowhere is not helpful or fair to the fans now wondering what he is thinking.  Probably just an emotional reaction but still.

On the sacking thing - I’m just trying to assure that this is 100% not happening.  The only way he is leaving anytime soon is if he wants to leave. 

No problem mate, it looks like that tweet that has just been put up might mean he is not going anyway.

I agree he will not be sacked, mainly due to how much it would cost. 

7 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I can’t say in detail but I have more than 1 contact close to things and the general consensus is disappointment at how things have fallen away since the winter break.  However, I also think it’s felt that we aren’t far away from things clicking into place and nobody inside the club is blaming Gerrard.  That’s my understanding anyway.  It’s worth keeping in mind that different people in the club may have different opinions. 

Thanks for replying. We aren’t too far away look what we can do and have done. It’s a mentality thing with the players. A few additions in the summer and hopefully push on and major major boots up the arse. 

All that we need to do is find a way to beat the hammer throwers of the SPL.

Whether that is bringing in 2 or 3 players who are a bit harder and more experienced than the ones we have got.

It really is as simple as that.

We are neck and neck with celtic now, gone are the days of severe drubbings, in fact in footballing terms we are drubbing them.

Europe we are brilliant.

So let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mark Confusion, pal.

Mrs Confusions boy.

Ah is it him? Mrs Confusion was a looker in her day I believe. :happy:

I must admit the result yesterday and the confusion since has been a bit of a clusterfuck and I feel as fucking angry today as I was last night.  

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Ah is it him? Mrs Confusion was a looker in her day I believe. :happy:

I must admit the result yesterday and the confusion since has been a bit of a clusterfuck and I feel as fucking angry today as I was last night.  

Pretty sure it’s the poster KingKirk from on here.

Archived