Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

You are forgetting however that this current board have no backbone. 

Can you honestly see Robertson and King saying to Gerrard either resign or be sacked. 

They have heavily invested in the Gerrard project and will allow Gerrard to stay on, if he wants to be here. 

I really can't which is why I was hoping he'd have walked 1st thing this morning or this is just going to drag on.

They've also done a cracking job in making some of the fans believe in project Gerrard aswell though which takes some doing.

It's been said a million times before but if he wasnt who he was as a player we'd have gotten rid of him by now (wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place tbh) 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DBBTB said:

I’ll get pelters for this but I think we are right to stick with him for now.

Listen mate, we just need to find a way of beating the SPL hammer throwers.

We are ticking all the boxes in every other department (Europe and celtic games).

It really is as simple as that.

And anyone giving you pelters for backing your teams boss is just a bellend.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He seems to be known buy some on here as ITK. I am still so pissed of from yesterday not sure what to think mate. 

The place is full of ITK, 🙄😂I don’t believe anything now mate until it’s official, I’m sure the situation will change from day to day, week to week, it’s a wait and see job I think.

Not a fucking trophy in all his attempts but people are saying he is not that far away. When has not far away been acceptable at Rangers? How many people said at the start of the season he needs a trophy this year yet are still here now saying he is not thatbfar away?

6 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Thanks for replying. We aren’t too far away look what we can do and have done. It’s a mentality thing with the players. A few additions in the summer and hopefully push on and major major boots up the arse. 

Yeah mate.  My personal opinion is just one of complete frustration but I’m of the opinion Gerrard remains our best shot of stopping them next year so I hope he stays.  Unless something crazy happens in the league then it’s ages away until next season starts though.  

12 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Frustrated... disappointed... same same.  Never heard of clubs reimbursing fans for a 1-0 cup upset.  Especially a club who are actively investing in a loss making project until we turn the tide.

Footballers have certainly refunded tickets in the last, perhaps not after a 1-0 loss but for the bears that travel everywhere to support the team and then the players can’t put in a shift. It’s not on.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Listen mate, we just need to find a way of beating the SPL hammer throwers.

We are ticking all the boxes in every other department (Europe and celtic games).

It really is as simple as that.

And anyone giving you pelters for backing your teams boss is just a bellend.

It's got to the point now where people are backing Gerrard more than the club, that's the issue.

He signed these players who hes been flinging under the bus for the last 2 months, he picks them again and again & tells them what formation/tactics to play 

At the start he got all the support in the world as he was left with a shit squad of overpaid players who were nowhere near catching the taigs...if he was to leave tomorrow we'd be in the exact same place.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Yeah mate.  My personal opinion is just one of complete frustration but I’m of the opinion Gerrard remains our best shot of stopping them next year so I hope he stays.  Unless something crazy happens in the league then it’s ages away until next season starts though.  

TBF, Gerrard is probably the best we'll get, but NO one is stopping ten in a row with the resources we have available.

With that speech yesterday, he has done himself no favours and backed himself into a corner.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Of course we are. 

I’m in the minority here and don’t really care about 9/10 iar or whatever. I care about Rangers and Rangers being back able to compete every year for titles. We’re not there yet. 

Chopping and changing managers will just continue to set us back, with new ideas, new players etc. Don’t get me wrong, one might come along un the right circumstances and pull a title off (see Wim Jansen). 

Of course, Gerrard has a lot of blame on his shoulders, recruitment, squad management, tactical inflexibility, in-game management therefore the onus is on him, and his wider circle, do recognise the mistakes and change them. 

Yesterday was a watershed and I very much suspect (maybe more hope) that the recruitment takes an different approach in the summer. The likes of Morelos, Kamara, Tav and possibly a couple others simply have to be sold with the funds used to buy 4/5/6 players who know what it takes in terms of leadership/winners etc. 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Shite thing is, I don't think we'll have the clear out or spend remotely what's now required in the summer.

There's too many players who can't handle it and too many that aren't anywhere near good enough either.

A clear out won’t help anything.  It’s rare players come in and hit the ground running.  If we sell 1 or 2 players then maybe we will have a decent amount of funds to add one or two solid additions?  I really think Morelos has cost us too many times now.  2 Scottish cups he hasn’t played in we have went out, a missed pen in the LC final and he is lucky we got through Braga despite his nonsense or that could be on his record too.  Its worth noting he probably knew he was gonna be late before he knew we were through.  Such a letdown from him imo.

5 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The place is full of ITK, 🙄😂I don’t believe anything now mate until it’s official, I’m sure the situation will change from day to day, week to week, it’s a wait and see job I think.

Yes you are probably right, I would think he will be staying at the moment because surely if he was going it would have happened today so that arrangements could have been made for whoever was taking the interim job.

I am kinda numb at the moment with our domestic season over in Feb. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

It's got to the point now where people are backing Gerrard more than the club, that's the issue.

He signed these players who hes been flinging under the bus for the last 2 months, he picks them again and again & tells them what formation/tactics to play 

At the start he got all the support in the world as he was left with a shit squad of overpaid players who were nowhere near catching the taigs...if he was to leave tomorrow we'd be in the exact same place.

Personally, i would like him and Beale to go and have a chat with Walter Smith.

Walter would just throw all their tactics notes and laptops into the nearest bin, and proceed to tell them how you beat these SPL Cavemen.

There is no shame in him asking for guidance and help from those that have walked the same path before.

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve been critical of him but i’ll be back on side if he looks like changing before end of season and then swings the axe in summer.

If the manager isn’t changing then the playing squad has to.

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Of course we are. 

I’m in the minority here and don’t really care about 9/10 iar or whatever. I care about Rangers and Rangers being back able to compete every year for titles. We’re not there yet. 

Chopping and changing managers will just continue to set us back, with new ideas, new players etc. Don’t get me wrong, one might come along un the right circumstances and pull a title off (see Wim Jansen). 

Of course, Gerrard has a lot of blame on his shoulders, recruitment, squad management, tactical inflexibility, in-game management therefore the onus is on him, and his wider circle, do recognise the mistakes and change them. 

Yesterday was a watershed and I very much suspect (maybe more hope) that the recruitment takes an different approach in the summer. The likes of Morelos, Kamara, Tav and possibly a couple others simply have to be sold with the funds used to buy 4/5/6 players who know what it takes in terms of leadership/winners etc. 

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Personally, i would like him and Beale to go and have a chat with Walter Smith.

Walter would just throw all their tactics notes and laptops into the nearest bin, and proceed to tell them how you beat these SPL Cavemen.

There is no shame in him asking for guidance and help from those that have walked the same path before.

Would agree that there's no shame in asking for help but again it goes against the type of person Gerrard is...stubborn.

There also isn't just 1 thing that's stopping us from beating teams like that which an experienced manager would be able to tell you, you can list them off.

We need a manager with experience, a manager who can get the players playing for him & for the club, Gerrard isn't that guy. It's no surprise we do well in Europe or against the taigs....those games are in the spotlight where players can make a name for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Only as much as you're backing the players more than the club tbh. Which you'll likely not accept you are.

I honestly understand both sides of the argument but for me it's better for the club to give him another year than not. Not for the benefit of Gerrard.

The biggest frustration is we KNOW we can compete well enough to be the best team in scotland, we just dont do it consistently enough to actually be that top team. And that's far from similar to the the place we were in with what he inherited.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

A clear out won’t help anything.  It’s rare players come in and hit the ground running.  If we sell 1 or 2 players then maybe we will have a decent amount of funds to add one or two solid additions?  I really think Morelos has cost us too many times now.  2 Scottish cups he hasn’t played in we have went out, a missed pen in the LC final and he is lucky we got through Braga despite his nonsense or that could be on his record too.  Its worth noting he probably knew he was gonna be late before he knew we were through.  Such a letdown from him imo.

We could rid of about 12 players tomorrow and nobody would even notice they were missing. The likes of Halliday/Flanagan/Fod leaving in the summer helps somewhat, but Jones/Hastie/Barker/Polster/etc and more need to leave as well. If we could somehow bring in 4+ genuine quality additions that could push certain current first teamers onto the bench then we'd be in a great position. Sadly that seems to be really unlikely.

I completely agree about Morelos letting us down far too many times at this stage. it's entirely unacceptable. 

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It's never crossed my mind not to stick with him. 

It's the only sensible approach. 

Of course we stick with him. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

The drama and hysteria over this is embarrassing. 

Archived