Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Either Gerrard and his backroom team goes or the squad goes. We all know which one is easier to do. Would he walk away? I dont know but this game has signalled the end of this relationship one way or another.

The entire squad should have a good hard look at themselves. Let us all down.

You know they won’t, it will be back to the Lamborghini’s and the Range Rovers. Big house getting paid thousands a week. 
They don’t give a fuck about the club or the fans. 

He looks totally lost and shell shocked in his interviews. It’s difficult to see how he can salvage things from here because this isn’t a team that are running through walls for him. He has undoubtedly raised the profile of the club in England especially because of his playing career. He may go on to be a great manager, but Rangers is not a club that can wait for that. I like Gerrard and was desperate for him to succeed, but he’s in the middle of a shit storm that I don’t think he can get out of. He has brought a lot on to himself by continually playing guys who are just not good enough e.g Ojo, Kent etc. At the moment I don’t see how he will survive this, but I honestly hope I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You know they won’t, it will be back to the Lamborghini’s and the Range Rovers. Big house getting paid thousands a week. 
They don’t give a fuck about the club or the fans. 

I'd say that's a fair statement for all but 2 of the squad. None of the rest give a fuck.

A positive start to the week would be Ojo returning to Liverpool and a signal of intent on departures of those failing us. 

after moderately calming down I can agree the players have let him down... although I think it’s too late. 

What does he actually do for the best?   Is it best that he goes then the players do what mediocre players do and go on a wee run then revert to type? Or does he see this pish out till the end of the season and try and replace serial losers for serial winners?  All successful managers have players they can count on to turn things around for them. 
from the outside looking in all I see is shitebags right through that team from defence to attack.  I look back to when coisty got Gazza on the back of his neck and told him to wake up. Or Barry Ferguson giving his team mates an ear bashing- we have a bunch of snowflakes.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Going by our squad his time at the club was a clusterfuck, but we were told he just fancied a change he had done his part. 
Looks more like someone actually looked at the quality of the squad and started asking questions. 

You could very well be right 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

If you’re thinking of McGregor and Davis I’m not so sure anymore, if any of them give a fuck 5 mins after the final whistle. 

I was going to say McGregor and Jack. Davis doesn't give a fuck anymore. They 2 are the only fucks who actually look hurt, Jack is clearly been playing through pain barrier after pain barrier since the break. McGregor has lost all faith in those in front of him but still rips into them anyway.

33 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll say it again I love the man.

The only way he's got a chance of success is if he comes out and explain what's happening because right now this squad are not throwing but launching him under a bus.

They’re reversing the bloody thing back over him, domestically!

Just now, derekweir29 said:

When ur manager should be leading you through a defeat.

Talking about quitting, am sorry fuck off.

He's not quit yet....its all guess work but it looks like it's on the cards.

That being said he's not gone yet 

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

“I need to do some real serious thinking in the next 24-48 hours.

"I just need to think, I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here.

I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same.

“I'm very disappointed. It's the lowest I felt since I came into the job by a long way.

“The performance was nowhere near good enough.

Beginning to think SG is thinking about resigning, he acknowledged the buck stops with him and thanked the supporters for being there from day 1. The players seemed to have the attitude 'why should they turn up, when the ref doesn't' in this league. which in itself will be frustrating for Gerrard.   The club should have done more to get parity for Rangers, especially this season, as we were denied silverware. 

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Honestly not worried.  If he stays then we all hope it works out...if he goes then that’s a shame the great experiment didn’t work - as ever we continue supporting Rangers whatever happens.  It’s not on our hands so there’s no point worrying. 

Gamble, rather than experiment.

Just another in a line since Walter left.

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Either Gerrard and his backroom team goes or the squad goes. We all know which one is easier to do. Would he walk away? I dont know but this game has signalled the end of this relationship one way or another.

The entire squad should have a good hard look at themselves. Let us all down.

I honestly got the impression from that RTV interview  Gerrard is going to walk. 

As for the squad, tonight simply has to be the the end for many of them regardless if Gerrard stays or not.

These players can't cope under the pressure for success and go into hiding. They don't have the mentality or the drive to deliver silverware. 

The players who have been here a long time need to be looked at first. We know who they are. They have failed repeatedly and aren't going to change.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you’re thinking of McGregor and Davis I’m not so sure anymore, if any of them give a fuck 5 mins after the final whistle. 

Davis was an absolute disgrace tonight. 

Never want to see him in a Rangers jersey ever again. 

3 minutes ago, dee9 said:

He's not quit yet....its all guess work but it looks like it's on the cards.

That being said he's not gone yet 

After saying this I think it's a fair assumption   that he'll walk

“I need to think. The plan was to have a day off [on Sunday]. I need to think hard about where we are at as a group. I need to do some real, serious thinking in the next 24, 48 hours.

“I just need to think. I need to think. I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here, I am desperate to win here. Looking from the side today, I didn’t get the impression that the feeling amongst my players was the same.

“I am not doubting myself. We have given these players everything, me and my staff have given these players absolutely everything for 20 months, held their hand on and off the pitch and improved everything for them.

“But it is tough when every other performance you feel the way you feel. It is tough. I need to analyse myself, for sure. This is the toughest moment I have had since I have come here.

“I think it will be extremely difficult in the short-term because of where we lie from a league point of view. We all know that we have punched above our weight in Europe so far. This is what I need to analyse in the coming days.

“It [two seasons without silverware] is not good enough. That is not what I am about. That will come on my shoulders.”

Archived