Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

8 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Whilst we are still in the Europa league he won't walk, We have made progress since he came in but the performances domestically since the Winter break have been nothing short of a disgrace. We needed another striker and attacking option in the summer and we didn’t get it. 

Our next 2 games will go a long way in seeing if Gerrard is going to be our Manager going forward. Personally I think that if he has taken us as far as he can and his inability to change a game when it's going wrong will be a big reason he won't be here. Certain players for him are undropable even when they really need a spell on the sidelines. Tav, Goldson, Helender (when fit) OJO. 

Only way Gerrard walks is when he wants to go, 

Dunno about that...

Ibrox can go poisonous very quickly...even the ones that sit on there hands full games scared to shout or sing with the only atmosphere we have at our morgue of a stadium(union bears) will vent fury.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not saying we should get him now, his health for a start isnt the best, and he is finished, but what he did for us, not just trophy wise, but financially shouldn't be forgotten, 

Ok I guess I picked you up wrong but going over what happened in the past dosent help us now, different times aswell that momentum the tarriers have picked up is hard to stop when winning becomes easy and normal for them

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Neither can I. I think that's one of the few things on here that most of us will agree on and that's that Gerrard won't be sacked, but after watching that interview last night, it did look like Gerrard was seriously thinking of handing in his resignation letter, which I would somehow doubt comes with a payoff.

I think he'd want to see out the European campaign but my old man said to me today that if he left before the Bayer game, he could have Europe on his CV as an indisputable success, kinda made me do a double take and see the logic in that too tbh.

13 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Greg docherty and Ferguson, same level imo. Rather give our own a chance. We will see Wednesday night UF Gerrard has any balls, likes if polster came in and was our best for best for 2 games then is completely out the squad of 18 fir ojo, Barker 🤢

Ferguson is so much better than Docherty

38 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Growing tired of this myth that we need hammer throwers to win this league.

Players need a blend of silk and steel yes, but fuck all this hammer thrower nonsense.

How many do the scum have?

We need a few key players that are better than what we've got, and a few more still to take a long fucking hard look in the mirror and pull themselves the fuck together.

We need some more physicality and yes steel in this side mate.  How often have we been bullied by more physical sides in the league,  our play breaks down and we can't cope. 

It doesn't need to be hammer throwers throwing elbows and going in late. 

It does need to be strong physical players that can hold their own , win battles, overpower and overrun the opposition when needed.

Our last title side had flair in it but it also had players who could win the battles and be pragmatic when needed. 

Gerrard needs to get the balance right.

1 hour ago, Steelydan1690 said:

I wouldnt know how.much they have spent tbh ,but I know.for.sure we should be getting better for the money we have spent in transfer fees alone never mind massive wage budget increase 

Not if they're spending double what we are across 2 windows and from their perspective they should be winning a treble. The last time they spent what we spent in a season they finished on 87 points, a tally we can easily still reach, so we are technically getting better for our money if we match or surpass that. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need some more physicality and yes steel in this side mate.  How often have we been bullied by more physical sides in the league,  our play breaks down and we can't cope. 

It doesn't need to be hammer throwers.

It does need to be strong physical players that can hold their own , win battles and overrun the opposition when needed.

Our last title side had flair in it but it also had players who could win the battles and be pragmatic when needed. 

I don't even think there's a particular lack of physical strength in the side. None of the defenders are weak men physically, Davis arguably the only weak midfielder, few if any forwards in the country stronger than Morelos and so on. They've run over the scum physically in 3 or 4 of the last 5 odd games. It's mental strength primarily and a good chunk need rid of because they mentally can't cope with the demands at the club not because they don't have the skill or physicality.

21 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It doesn't need to be hammer throwers throwing elbows and going in late. 

It does need to be strong physical players that can hold their own , win battles, overpower and overrun the opposition when needed.

When we were moving the ball quickly, pressing all over the park and wining it back and the buff was on form no team looked as though they were bullying us up until the break , all they 3 things have stopped that’s the problem 

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

😄Am I the only one that wanted to put a consoling arm around him after watching the RTV video?? Guy was obviously hurting. I desperately want it to work here for him. 

You are not alone mate. Vast majority of bears want him to get things sorted and we are standing with him. 

Thankfully he is not a quitter. 

I know it may be difficult for some on here, but he needs our support more than ever. 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

When we were moving the ball quickly, pressing all over the park and wining it back and the buff was on form no team looked as though they were bullying us up until the break , all they 3 things have stopped that’s the problem 

Everything about style of play has changed dramatically. Don't even remember the last time we looked like that domestically.

Just now, Supersonic said:

Everything about style of play has changed dramatically. Don't even remember the last time we looked like that domestically.

It makes no sense mate , players have let us down big time in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

😄Am I the only one that wanted to put a consoling arm around him after watching the RTV video?? Guy was obviously hurting. I desperately want it to work here for him. 

It’s the players fault mate not him , apart from the Ojo fiasco , don’t get his thinking on that one 

Just now, Cedrick said:

It makes no sense mate , players have let us down big time in my opinion 

There haven't even been any vague resemblance to the things you mentioned. We rarely close down in packs like we used to. It was so effective as well. I don't know how he gets us back to that. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

There haven't even been any vague resemblance to the things you mentioned. We rarely close down in packs like we used to. It was so effective as well. I don't know how he gets us back to that. 

Bang on , think with his interviews yesterday neither does he 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Bang on , think with his interviews yesterday neither does he 

Between that interview and Kent's remarks about the overwhelming tension and pressure domestic games bring, it's very concerning. The pressure and tension is only going to increase tenfold next season.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Between that interview and Kent's remarks about the overwhelming tension and pressure domestic games bring, it's very concerning. The pressure and tension is only going to increase tenfold next season.

Aye definitely mate , the support or Gerrard can’t get their heads round what’s happened, most of the time when the buff played we played , mission accomplished by this country on that one , heads gon 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Aye definitely mate , the support or Gerrard can’t get their heads round what’s happened, most of the time when the buff played we played , mission accomplished by this country on that one , heads gone

I'm a bit worried it's not just his head that's gone.

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBF, Gerrard is probably the best we'll get, but NO one is stopping ten in a row with the resources we have available.

With that speech yesterday, he has done himself no favours and backed himself into a corner.

Agree with the second part of that.  I think we are within our rights to expect a much better record against the teams we have dropped points against though so don’t think stopping them is impossible.

13 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Barasic will get us a decent amount of cash. We need to improve the squad and I don’t think Barasic would play second fiddle to anyone, Tav might.

So just to make sure I've got this correct you are saying sell barasic and get someone better? Fuck me the lunatics really have taken over!!

2 hours ago, mus said:

So just to make sure I've got this correct you are saying sell barasic and get someone better? Fuck me the lunatics really have taken over!!

You said that like there isn't hundreds of thousands of Croatian International full backs out there we could sign!

With the benefit of rear view mirrors and all the hysteria and disappointment of Saturday dampened down, time to revisit one's view in all this.

Is the story really about him leaving? Is it about him v the players? If it is, think I would back him before this current crop. He may have been niave in his dealings with them and but them just guilding the lilly isn't on and they have let him and everyone else down. We can criticise his tactics, first picks etc, but at the end of the day, those players are not turning up 100% of the time, when they should be and have thrown this league away and Stevie under a bus..

I still say there are those who sho should be dropped, but Stevie himself does need to wake up and smell the coffee, get ruthless and become the manager he has the potential to be. He needs to differentiate between Stevie the player and Stevie the manager, because I think he remains in the former mode. There is no time for fiends or sentiment when you are the boss, as it's your arse on the line when the the chips are down.

So when he returns, I hope it's to confirm he is going forward and changes will be made. All the sorry's in the world from the players won't make a blind bit of difference . They may mean it at the time, but they need to realise there are consequences to their actions for getting us into a losing position we should never be in.

So we await if Stevie takes up the mantle or not, because business as usual will kill him and leave us without hope if he does not..

Gerrard has to learn from his mistakes and become more adaptable as a tactician, I don’t think there’s a Rangers supporter out there who wouldn’t agree with that but when you look at the players workrate and application on Wednesday and then compare it to what we did (or didn’t) do on Saturday I think it becomes clear that the players have a lot to answer for as well.

Archived