Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Gerrard has to learn from his mistakes and become more adaptable as a tactician, I don’t think there’s a Rangers supporter out there who wouldn’t agree with that but when you look at the players workrate and application on Wednesday and then compare it to what we did (or didn’t) do on Saturday I think it becomes clear that the players have a lot to answer to as well.

It’ll be interesting to see the team on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, mus said:

So just to make sure I've got this correct you are saying sell barasic and get someone better? Fuck me the lunatics really have taken over!!

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

You said that like there isn't hundreds of thousands of Croatian International full backs out there we could sign!

Barasic would get us a decent fee and to be honest I think he is replaceable. People seem to think he has been sensational, he hasn’t. He certainly hasn’t been our worst performer but we need cash to bring in better quality players and he is one of the few who would generate more than we paid for him.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Gerrard has to learn from his mistakes and become more adaptable as a tactician, I don’t think there’s a Rangers supporter out there who wouldn’t agree with that but when you look at the players workrate and application on Wednesday and then compare it to what we did (or didn’t) do on Saturday I think it becomes clear that the players have a lot to answer for as well.

I think Gerrard definitely needs to become more flexible with his approach. Take a page out of Walter's book. Different setups for europe and domestic football. 

As for players they absolutely have a lot to answer for. It is a small side mentality with many them. Upping the performance levels against celtic and European opposition and thinking that is enough. 

Gerrard needs to be looking at the players who have constanly played and failed him in the last 2 seasons. He's showing them loyalty. Now he needs to show them no mercy. 

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think Gerrard definitely needs to become more flexible with his approach. Take a page out of Walter's book. Different setups for europe and domestic football. 

As for players they absolutely have a lot to answer for. It is a small side mentality with many them. Upping the performance levels against celtic and European opposition and thinking that is enough. 

Gerrard needs to be looking at the players who have constanly played and failed him in the last 2 seasons. He's showing them loyalty. Now he needs to show them no mercy. 

This is pretty spot on, the other conundrum really is that we need a captain, there's just not someone obvious in that squad who you think can step up to do it, Tav is fine as a right back at times but he doesn't lead the team  when the going gets tough

5 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

This is pretty spot on, the other conundrum really is that we need a captain, there's just not someone obvious in that squad who you think can step up to do it, Tav is fine as a right back at times but he doesn't lead the team  when the going gets tough

There isn't an obvious option for a new captain. 

I think we might need to look at bringing someone in for it. An experienced head, who can provide the leadership on the pitch we've lacked. 

Some of the cunts in our squad know they wont be dropped, we simply do not have the depth where we have 2 quality players for each position. We may have the numbers for competition but nowhere near the quality. It's hurting like fuck but we are still a work in progress whether we like it or not. How long does SG get though because changing the manager every year or two is never going to help?

I'm suck of hearing this fucking pish about 'we need a captain'.

As much as i agree that Tav isn't captain, a captain won't be able to get a failing formation working. A captain wont be able to change failing tactics.

Still dissapointed he is still in charge and hasnt walked. Wednesday night you will see the same formation with 1 or 2 players changed. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Gerrard has to learn from his mistakes and become more adaptable as a tactician, I don’t think there’s a Rangers supporter out there who wouldn’t agree with that but when you look at the players workrate and application on Wednesday and then compare it to what we did (or didn’t) do on Saturday I think it becomes clear that the players have a lot to answer for as well.

I agree that Stevie needs to adapt tactics against some teams - Hearts a good example - where we haven’t created anything and lose as a result. However, in the majority of games where we’ve had poor results we’ve created enough chances to win 3 times over, so it’s down to players not taking them because they’re just not up to it. 
So yes, a bit of tactical maturity required from SG, but I think we also need to upgrade certain positions. 

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye you're right we did see how good he was, the team that won helicopter sunday contained big money signings such as andrews, kyrgiakos, wattereus, rae, novo, prso, 

Oh wait they were all shrewed signings, something he had to do as he wasnt allowed to spend 9mill on his centre halves alone

Eck spent less than gerrard has, made more money from europe, won more trophies against a better tarrier team 

To be fair Jim

Big Eck inherited players like Ferguson at his peak .Amoruso,Moore and Numan  ,others 

Gerrard inherited Tav...........😞 and Alfredo 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair Jim

Big Eck inherited players like Ferguson at his peak .Amoruso,Moore and Numan  ,others 

Gerrard inherited Tav...........😞 and Alfredo 

Im talking about his second title win, after he was told to dismantle the treble winning team

We went from amo and moore to andrews and kyrgiakos for example 

Eck took guys like bob malcom and chris burke to the CL last 16

The first season when he broke up the team he struggled because he didnt have time to prepare, hence we got cunts like Emerson etc, but that year he prepared for the following season, identified guys who'll win in scotland, prso, Andrews, rae etc

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

There isn't an obvious option for a new captain. 

I think we might need to look at bringing someone in for it. An experienced head, who can provide the leadership on the pitch we've lacked. 

We dont need a captain. Everyone is a leader dont u know.

🙄

49 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Oh wait they were all shrewed signings, something he had to do as he wasnt allowed to spend 9mill on his centre halves alone

That’s an unfair comparison IMO.

Eck only spent 1 million on Julien Rodriquez who was playing in the Champions League final a year before we signed him.  How much would a centre half of similar experience and ability cost in 2020 because it certainly wouldn’t be 1 million. He would probably cost 9 million on his own and that’s being generous.

The money involved in football has changed so much since then that you can barely use that as a basis of comparison between Eck and Gerrard and a stick to beat Gerrard with.

14 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Dunno about that...

Ibrox can go poisonous very quickly...even the ones that sit on there hands full games scared to shout or sing with the only atmosphere we have at our morgue of a stadium(union bears) will vent fury.

We are the most bi polar fickle fans going but so is the team at the moment. Gerrard has seen it and done it and I would expect to see quite a few empty seats towards the end of the season and who can blame them. If we can get 6 points from our next 2 games then he gets a bit of breathing space and if he gets us through the next round of the Europa then he will probably stay. I like Gerrard he has given us hope but that is all.

we can point to the team playing better and looking accomplished against Braga and then you look at the performance against Hearts and wonder wtf is going on. 

Cant believe how badly the season has turned out after the amount of hope which was created after turning them over at thier dump. 

53 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah kamara will be back in

Surely has to be the time to try something else if Arfield and Jack are both out?  If injury can’t force his hand then nothing will.

Davis shouldn’t be anywhere near the side so it would Kamara and Aribo as a two with Hagi behind Morelos/Kamberi for me.

7 hours ago, mus said:

So just to make sure I've got this correct you are saying sell barasic and get someone better? Fuck me the lunatics really have taken over!!

What....you think Barisic is the best left back we can have in our team?

I would have punted him at the end of last season if I'm being honest.....yes he has had a good 4/5 months prior to the split but has looked laboured ever since....give me a Davie Robertson any day of the week over Barisic 

Getting rid of SG now would be like sacking Klopp this time last year.

You have to put it in the context of progress made, European performance and the unusually high points tally achieved by the opposition (assuming that they don't have their own bump). The same factors facing Liverpool last year.

It is a time to stick rather than twist.

Archived