Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

With the benefit of rear view mirrors and all the hysteria and disappointment of Saturday dampened down, time to revisit one's view in all this.

Is the story really about him leaving? Is it about him v the players? If it is, think I would back him before this current crop. He may have been niave in his dealings with them and but them just guilding the lilly isn't on and they have let him and everyone else down. We can criticise his tactics, first picks etc, but at the end of the day, those players are not turning up 100% of the time, when they should be and have thrown this league away and Stevie under a bus..

I still say there are those who sho should be dropped, but Stevie himself does need to wake wake up and smell the coffee, get ruthless and become the manager he has the potential to be. He needs to differentiate between Stevie the player and Stevie the manager, because I think he remains in the former mode. There is no time for fiends or sentiment when you are the boss, as it's your arse on the line when the the chips are down.

So when he returns, I hope it's to confirm he is going forward and changes will be made. All the sorry's in the world from the players won't make a blind bit of difference . They may mean it at the time, but they need to realise there are consequences to their actions for getting us into a losing position we should never be in.

So we await if Stevie takes up the mantle or not, because business as usual will kill him and leave us without hope if he does not..

Fuck sake BA you never let me down😂😂😂

You have either hit the drink big time or sobered up....in all seriousness though that is a well thought out balanced post which pretty much sums up our situation to a T👍

The game was 2 days ago. Gerrard gave an interview which I believe has been misinterpreted.

Nevertheless he has not denied that he is considering his position. 

48 hours will be up at 730pm tonight.

Is he at training or at least The Training Centre today ?

Walter or Souness would have been in that dressing room after the match and singed the paintwork.  To totally ignore  the players was wrong in my opinion.

In saying the above I think maybe a 48 hour cooling off period was right.

I hope he has a few 1 2 1s soon with individual players and explains that their Rangers careers are under review.

We have come a long way but not as far as I had hoped. 

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What....you think Barisic is the best left back we can have in our team?

I would have punted him at the end of last season if I'm being honest.....yes he has had a good 4/5 months prior to the split but has looked laboured ever since....give me a Davie Robertson any day of the week over Barisic 

Barisic is the best left back we’ve had since Papac.  You can’t just replace guys like this at the drop of a hat.  

Davie Robertson?  I’d love another Gazza and Laudrup but that ain’t happening either.

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Surely has to be the time to try something else if Arfield and Jack are both out?  If injury can’t force his hand then nothing will.

Davis shouldn’t be anywhere near the side so it would Kamara and Aribo as a two with Hagi behind Morelos/Kamberi for me.

Mate ive been screaming for us to try something different since the st mirren game, you wont get any arguments from me

Hamilton will not come out to play, i wouldnt even have a sitting two, id just tell the fucking fullbacls to curb it this game and let the guys in front of them to do the attacking

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Barisic is the best left back we’ve had since Papac.  You can’t just replace guys like this at the drop of a hat.  

Davie Robertson?  I’d love another Gazza and Laudrup but that ain’t happening either.

People valued barisic at 17mill on here the other day while others are saying we can get better 😂😂

11 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Fuck sake BA you never let me down😂😂😂

You have either hit the drink big time or sobered up....in all seriousness though that is a well thought out balanced post which pretty much sums up our situation to a T👍

Not that anyone would notice, but I do turn into a real babbling mess when we lose. Well more than usual. :whistle:

Ten minutes in that dressing room with a baseball bat. Sorted!

I'd seriously struggle to go into battle with a few of them behind me. Playing badly is allowed, but lack of effort, hiding and some of the shitebaggery on show is just unacceptable. It kills me.

Stevie must weep when he sees it, because it was never him as a player.

As I said, there needs to be consequences to their actions and Stevie just needs to get over that hurdle and implement it. Would do the dynamic of the whole squad a world of good. Those who fail to respond, are outed and would be of no use to us anyway. Wrong characters to fill that jersey.

Onwards and upwards!

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

That's what scouting is for....if we genuinely don't think we can replace players like Barisic &Morelos then we should just chuck in the towel...also being the best left back since papac is purely stating the obvious as we have looked to better players year in year out as we try to close the gap

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not that anyone would notice, but I do turn into a real babbling mess when we lose. Well more than usual. :whistle:

Ten minutes in that dressing room with a baseball bat. Sorted!

I'd seriously struggle to go into battle with a few of them behind me. Playing badly is allowed, but lack of effort, hiding and some of the shitebaggery on show is just unacceptable. It kills me.

Stevie must weep when he sees it, because it was never him as a player.

As I said, there needs to be consequences to their actions and Stevie just needs to get over that hurdle and implement it. Would do the dynamic of the whole squad a world of good. Those who fail to respond, are outed and would be of no use to us anyway. Wrong characters to fill that jersey.

Onwards and upwards!

Oh I have noticed m8😂😂

28 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

The game was 2 days ago. Gerrard gave an interview which I believe has been misinterpreted.

Walter or Souness would have been in that dressing room after the match and singed the paintwork.  To totally ignore  the players was wrong in my opinion.

I hope he has a few 1 2 1s soon with individual players and explains that their Rangers careers are under review.

He should be in there reading them the riot act, you can't ignore the shite they dish up domestically but our manager acts like he does.

32 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

It has been, I hope! No doubt he will have had a long session with his staff in how to sort this shite, but I certainly wouldn't like him to come out baring his soul. 

Basically it should be positive, short and sweet.... Yes we have good positive discussions and trying a few new things. The players are well up for it. Move on.

We then await the starting line up and the performance which will tell all. Not that they are such a tough test, but we have got to be at it for 90 minutes. High tempo, good movement and no shirkers.

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Getting rid of SG now would be like sacking Klopp this time last year.

You have to put it in the context of progress made, European performance and the unusually high points tally achieved by the opposition (assuming that they don't have their own bump). The same factors facing Liverpool last year.

It is a time to stick rather than twist.

Merit in that with regards to the league with our current points total we would have been top after 27 games last year. Last year we had 55 to 63 for them whilst we have 64 at present.

However he still fails miserably overall in the cups.

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Getting rid of SG now would be like sacking Klopp this time last year.

You have to put it in the context of progress made, European performance and the unusually high points tally achieved by the opposition (assuming that they don't have their own bump). The same factors facing Liverpool last year.

It is a time to stick rather than twist.

What 😂😂

This time last season, klopp was fighting for a title, on the road to CL success and had lost in the CL final the season before, he gave up the domestic cups to focus on the league and the CL

Gerrard is out of all domestic honours and barring the biggest miracle ever, will not win the europa league

The comparisons arent even close

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What 😂😂

This time last season, klopp was fighting for a title, on the road to CL success and had lost in the CL final the season before, he gave up the domestic cups to focus on the league and the CL

Gerrard is out of all domestic honours and barring the biggest miracle ever, will not win the europa league

Perhaps it was just a mistake to have signed up a rookie manager and thrown all the money we have at him? You look at the last 4 managers and wonder where we would be today if they had all been replaced by one safe pair of hands 

50 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What 😂😂

They are relative

54 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What 😂😂

Klopp blew a 12 point lead last season and City went on to win a treble.

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

They are relative

No they arent, klopp was a bawhair from winning the greatest prize in club football, not only that he got them to the europa league final his first season and had made great improvements in the league 

Gerrard hasnt improved us domestically and will never win a euro trophy with us, 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They won the CL, hell id gladly blow a 12 point lead to win the europa nevermind the CL 

As would I. Point was domestically they lost out on 3 competitions to their cash rich rivals, they ran them close in the league but falled short. How do you think Liverpool fans would've evaluated that season had they not won the CL? 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

People valued barisic at 17mill on here the other day while others are saying we can get better 😂😂

No one is paying 17 million for him, you need to be able to take a throw in to be valued at that kind of dough.

1 minute ago, Zappa6995 said:

No one is paying 17 million for him, you need to be able to take a throw in to be valued at that kind of dough.

The number 1 Croatian left back in the last 16 of the Europa with his team can't fetch £17 million? If he has a great Euros tournament we could be looking at double that. 

Just now, King Jela said:

The number 1 Croatian left back in the last 16 of the Europa with his team can't fetch £17 million? If he has a great Euros tournament we could be looking at double that. 

Best of luck with that 👍

Archived