Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron Wan-bissaka went to Manchester United for an initial £45m with £5m to follow if certain targets are met. He is 22 and, as far as I know, has never played a full international, never played in Europe.

Now tell me again what the Croatian national team first choice full back with loads of European experience is worth?

They spend £17m in the European big leagues for fucking ball boys.

We need to stop undervaluing our top players FFS

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Aaron Wan-bissaka went to Manchester United for an initial £45m with £5m to follow if certain targets are met. He is 22 and, as far as I know, has never played a full international, never played in Europe.

Now tell me again what the Croatian national team first choice full back with loads of European experience is worth?

Maybe thats part of the problem, maybe these players in their wee FIFA 20 world start to believe the hype and the bullshit their agents and the media fill their tiny minds with, name me one player that played for us on Saturday and looked anywhere near a 500k player never mind one closer to 20 million and the 40 million one was sitting in the house sooking his thumb.

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

As being successful considering they thought it was a good season finishing 4th and making a CL final the year prior.

They don't care about either domestic cup, 4th is more important.

And they're right to ignore the domestic cup competitions and instead focus on their league and Europe improvement. 

20 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Difference with bissaka is that he is english, and filling english quota for Europe is a big thing down there, so unless its a croatian team then barisic is worth less to European teams because he isnt home grown 

30 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

They're paying the English player premium.  The EPL has some strict rules on the number of home grown players in their squad otherwise they have to list a reduced squad.  It's why Maguire was £80 million and not around the £20 million mark which is nearer his true value.  There's a very limited pool of English players so their value to English teams goes through the roof.  That will hamper English players wanting to play abroad because foreign teams can buy better for less.

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd give up the chance to see your team win a euro trophy, probably the only one in your lifetime (if you were born after 72) just for a league title you've seen won many times? 

Mental

It's not a league title we've seen won many times though is it? 

The next title has not nor will ever be topped. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's not a league title we've seen won many times though is it? 

The next title has not nor will ever be topped. 

A euro trophy or a domestic league, how can anyone put domestic over europe trophy 

Fair enough if you think 55 would top that, nothing in football other than a CL win would top a europa league win for me

Katic had a nightmare match.

Goldson too.

ThenTavernier not for the first time and stil not producing his best.

Some midfielders were posted missing....again far too regularly.

Then our prime  and very talented striker  did the same.

Others have been affected losing confidence and consistency.

Teams we should be thrashing are getting the better of us.

56 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd give up the chance to see your team win a euro trophy, probably the only one in your lifetime (if you were born after 72) just for a league title you've seen won many times? 

Mental

Not for the next league title. Not for 55. Not to stop 9 or 10.

48 minutes ago, Coop said:

They're paying the English player premium.  The EPL has some strict rules on the number of home grown players in their squad otherwise they have to list a reduced squad.  It's why Maguire was £80 million and not around the £20 million mark which is nearer his true value.  There's a very limited pool of English players so their value to English teams goes through the roof.  That will hamper English players wanting to play abroad because foreign teams can buy better for less.

Fuck whatever Wan Bissaka went for.

If Tierney goes for £25 million, Barisic should go for somewhere north of £15 million. More if he has a standout summer.

He's four or five years older than Tierney which I think is fair he won't go for what Tierney did as you'd add a bit more for extra potential.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fuck whatever Wan Bissaka went for.

If Tierney goes for £25 million, Barisic should go for somewhere north of £15 million. More if he has a standout summer.

He's four or five years older than Tierney which I think is fair he won't go for what Tierney did as you'd add a bit more for extra potential.

Fair point but my reply was in response to someone bringing English player valuations into the equation and I was just pointing out there's a reason their players are at a grossly inflated premium for English clubs.

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Fair point but my reply was in response to someone bringing English player valuations into the equation and I was just pointing out there's a reason their players are at a grossly inflated premium for English clubs.

I was just continuing the discussion really by pointing out we've had the precedent with a full back in our league rather than needing to look at England. Should have quoted you both. You're right in what you're saying though.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I was just continuing the discussion really by pointing out we've had the precedent with a full back in our league rather than needing to look at England. Should have quoted you both. You're right in what you're saying though.

That's defintely a better example than the Wan guy.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The transfer market is absolutely bonkers.

Bang average players going for between 10 and 20 million.

i don’t think expecting 15 million for Barasic is daft.

McBurnie for £20 million and you've got cunts on here saying we'll be lucky to get two for Morelos

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

That cunt Keevins just quoted "Gerrard on the brink." You don't think he doesn't read RM. lol

They all do.  It's amazing to see just how much Scottish sports 'journalism' is culled from fans forums and social media.  Sky with Yerdas Selzavon was a classic case in point.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McBurnie for £20 million and you've got cunts on here saying we'll be lucky to get two for Morelos

And that's our biggest problem, too many in here and our fan base in general are happy to big up the scums player values whilst all along conto ually put down our won players values and that's before we look at what the press continually do to our players. 

Games a bogey when our fan base are happy to take 2/3/4 or 5 m whatever for Morelos while lauding the fact those cunts rake in stupid money for their own players. Fuck I've even seen Alfie take abuse and the sole reason our season has hit the shitters

Archived