Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Meanwhile, over on facebook.....

F3CDCEF8-03C5-437D-86A1-2FC23E4C4B8F.jpeg

0 trophies in 2 seasons and this season finished by February. And next season will be more of the same,an accident as captain and same selections and "tactics". Nah. I will pass on the applause our club is becoming synonymous with failure.  We will be celebrating getting second place in a few more seasons at this rate.

Just now, Bristoe1872 said:

0 trophies in 2 seasons and this season finished by February. And next season will be more of the same,an accident as captain and same selections and "tactics". Nah. I will pass on the applause our club is becoming synonymous with failure.  We will be celebrating getting second place in a few more seasons at this rate.

You’re not a real supporter then pal.

i’ll be taking part in this and then straight after singing The Atomic kitten song for Gerrard.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You’re not a real supporter then pal.

i’ll be taking part in this and then straight after singing The Atomic kitten song for Gerrard.

I've been going for over forty years so I ignore nonsense about "real supporters".  You carry on applauding abject failure while the filth applaud ten and surpassing our trophy haul. Enjoy Tavernier Goldson and their ilk next season,who knows,we may even manage to reach a LC final again. Not that I expect these imposters to actually win it.  I'm a Rangers supporter that in no way qualifies me also as a blind lemming.  I'll pass on the applause. 

3 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I've been going for over forty years so I ignore nonsense about "real supporters".  You carry on applauding abject failure while the filth applaud ten and surpassing our trophy haul. Enjoy Tavernier Goldson and their ilk next season,who knows,we may even manage to reach a LC final again. Not that I expect these imposters to actually win it.  I'm a Rangers supporter that in no way qualifies me also as a blind lemming.  I'll pass on the applause. 

STEPPS BOY's joke went right over your head mate

10 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

The stuff about clapping him is ridiculous. But out of interest how many and which trophies did you expect us to win last season?

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The stuff about clapping him is ridiculous. But out of interest how many and which trophies did you expect us to win last season?

Last season? At least one domestic trophy and a very strong second. We never even made a final and were also rans.  Like I said applauding this is why we are becoming synonymous with failure.  A certain mentality is starting to creep in. I could never have imagined us applauding a manager after two trophyless seasons at one time.  Sometimes we are our own worse enemy.  I remember folk slating the greatest ever Ranger when manager and he won domestic silverware and got us to a European quarter final. 

Not read through all this thread but as long as he is here he will get my backing, yes he has made mistakes and needs to learn fast but we have to keep the faith that he has what it takes to get us back on top again, otherwise we just rinse and repeat. It's bloody hard watching us at the moment and l understand people's frustrating and anger but l do believe he will get it right, yes it may not be as fast as we would like but sadly it is what it is.

20 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Last season? At least one domestic trophy and a very strong second. We never even made a final and were also rans.  Like I said applauding this is why we are becoming synonymous with failure.  A certain mentality is starting to creep in. I could never have imagined us applauding a manager after two trophyless seasons at one time.  Sometimes we are our own worse enemy.  I remember folk slating the greatest ever Ranger when manager and he won domestic silverware and got us to a European quarter final. 

Thought as much.

In a 1st season despite being a new manager at a club, a player overhaul, competing against a team we spent less than on transfers/loans/salaries, and who had 7iar plus 2 trebles behind them... and you expected a trophy.  

Fuck clapping a lack of trophies but given theres little realism or logic to that expectation it explains your current position 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought as much.

In a 1st season despite being a new manager at a club, a player overhaul, competing against a team we spent less than on transfers/loans/salaries, and who had 7iar plus 2 trebles behind them... and you expected a trophy.  

Fuck clapping a lack of trophies but given theres little realism or logic to that expectation it explains your current position 

Theres a middle ground between your arguments tbh, had we lost both cup finals to the tarriers, fair enough, but in 2 seasons he has been knocked out of 3/4 domestic cups by teams who we spent massively more than

Had we played the tarriers in 4 cup finals, law of averages we'd have won one of them, especially as over both seasons we have matched them 1v1, but for some reason he has failed 3 times to even get to the finals, thats massive

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't wait until March 2021 when the same posters say Gerrard needs backed, don't moan and groan etc.

Same party line pish every season!

The Board have done a magnificent job in appointing someone half the support don’t want gone despite showing little signs we will ever win anything with him at the helm.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't wait until March 2021 when the same posters say Gerrard needs backed, don't moan and groan etc.

Cant wait until the next game or 2 with the same line up and same tactics failing us.

Still gutted that our domestic season is over again and this one did not even make March.

This thread would never have been started if Stevie had not said what he did, maybe it was misinterpreted, I assume we will find out today when he has his presser. I expect him to clear things up for us fans, surely we deserve that.

We know he will not be sacked so it was a case of was he going to resign, he has obviously not done that and so for me it is all about what he does next.

Will he drop 'any player' who is playing poorly or will he never do that to his favourites?

Is he prepared to try different formations to get around the parked bus teams?

I like him and want him to be successful but I am far from convinced he can be, it is now up to him to win back us fans who have either given up on him or like myself who are struggling to see how he is going to to do it, but if he can then I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

As for this clapping nonsense surely that will not happen ffs. :facepalm:

38 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Theres a middle ground between your arguments tbh, had we lost both cup finals to the tarriers, fair enough, but in 2 seasons he has been knocked out of 3/4 domestic cups by teams who we spent massively more than

Had we played the tarriers in 4 cup finals, law of averages we'd have won one of them, especially as over both seasons we have matched them 1v1, but for some reason he has failed 3 times to even get to the finals, thats massive

Depends on expectations. Ie if winning a cup unless coming up against the scum that's one thing, if it's just winning thats quite another.

Whoever we have has to punch above their weight to beat a more cash and asset rich team, I get that. But for me thats why I've always felt it would take time, and for me it's about the league with cup a bonus not an expectation. He was always getting 3 years if I saw sufficient progress and I do.

If folk are expecting too much too soon "because we're Rangers" that they wouldnt from a team in identical circumstances in another league then that's maybe something they should take the time to reflect on. And I'm talking expectations not hindsight stuff.

What is the alternative sack him and pay out a fortune and then start from scratch again. There are some positives with Gerrard in that we are performing in Europe and we can now beat celtic. Bringing in Davies ,Warnock or some other revolving door manager would just put us back in the unstable position we were in 2 years ago. Yes Gerrard has made mistakes and We still need to find a few players with the strength both physical and mental to perform week in week out in spl/domestic cups. At this stage we know what’s required and how to fix it rather than going back to the blank sheet of paper again

Lets get behind the manager. We are in a much better position than a few years ago.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He gets another year from me as I see progress being made and believe he can will in next year. No matter who we bring in has to punch above their weight due to scum finances etc compared to ours. If he cant di it next year then that's long enough.

Cant wait to bring in another manager on our rotational policy, give them less to spend than the scum but for some reason expect to outperform them in a short period of time.

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

New generation of supporters are nuts

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Woke culture in full effect. The manager is getting some deserved criticism so let’s create a little safe space for him.

To be fair, when we were winning fuck all in the 1980's we were playing in front of half empty stadiums.

If the new 'woke' culture supporters are going through an even more barren spell, whilst there is a 10k waiting list for a season ticket, then I think it is a bit daft to moan about them!

Archived