Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

1 hour ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I've been going for over forty years so I ignore nonsense about "real supporters".  You carry on applauding abject failure while the filth applaud ten and surpassing our trophy haul. Enjoy Tavernier Goldson and their ilk next season,who knows,we may even manage to reach a LC final again. Not that I expect these imposters to actually win it.  I'm a Rangers supporter that in no way qualifies me also as a blind lemming.  I'll pass on the applause. 

Reported.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Depends on expectations. Ie if winning a cup unless coming up against the scum that's one thing, if it's just winning thats quite another.

Whoever we have has to punch above their weight to beat a more cash and asset rich team, I get that. But for me thats why I've always felt it would take time, and for me it's about the league with cup a bonus not an expectation. He was always getting 3 years if I saw sufficient progress and I do.

If folk are expecting too much too soon "because we're Rangers" that they wouldnt from a team in identical circumstances in another league then that's maybe something they should take the time to reflect on. And I'm talking expectations not hindsight stuff.

See you say he has to punch above his weight regarding the tarriers, thats undeniable, however aberdeen twice and hearts have knocked him out of domestic cups 

We all expect trophies, however, as i said, if we got to all 4 finals and lost all 4 to the tarriers in tight games, theres a lot of defense for him, however he hasn't even got that to fall back on because he's allowed teams spending way less than us, to pap us out the cups, 

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, when we were winning fuck all in the 1980's we were playing in front of half empty stadiums.

If the new 'woke' culture supporters are going through an even more barren spell, whilst there is a 10k waiting list for a season ticket, then I think it is a bit daft to moan about them!

Sort of proves people’s points doesn’t it? 

We were shite in the 80’s and people voted with their feet and now here we are in a barren spell and we have supporters wanting to have a minutes applause for the manager just because he’s getting a bit of deserved criticism.

I’m all for supporting, and when I’m at games I do that I keep my moaning for here, but suggesting gestures like this one on the internet for likes, follows and to show everybody what a great person/supporter you are is an absolute riddy in my eyes.

Just now, DBBTB said:

We were shite in the 80’s and people voted with their feet and now here we are in a barren spell and we have supporters wanting to have a minutes applause for the manager just because he’s getting a bit of deserved criticism.

I’m all for supporting, and when I’m at games I do that I keep my moaning for here, but suggesting gestures like this one on the internet for likes, follows and to show everybody what a great person/supporter you are is an absolute riddy in my eyes.

Staunchness you lack 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Getting rid of a Gerrard for a month of poor domestic form will see 3 managers and 2 spells of Murty next season 

A month of poor domestic form?

Funny way of saying 2 trophy-less seasons.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, when we were winning fuck all in the 1980's we were playing in front of half empty stadiums.

If the new 'woke' culture supporters are going through an even more barren spell, whilst there is a 10k waiting list for a season ticket, then I think it is a bit daft to moan about them!

Actually we did win a few trophies in the early 80's pre-Souness...........League cup wins 1982, 84 and 85.  Scottish cup wins...1981.  Not a lot granted but it was at a time when Rangers were spending their money rebuilding Ibrox and we were up against great teams like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd who were competing in and winning European trophies plus the tarriers had a decent side back then, folk look back at that time and think because Rangers weren't at their strongest things were crap. That period was the most competative I have ever seen Scottish football lots of good sides and very good players in the game unlike now.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

No not really.

I dont think anyone is clapping because he is being critisised, I think they are clapping because although they think the criticism is merited, they still want him to stay.

Voting with your feet and depriving the club of money, until they sack and pay off a manager, whilst we are financially miles behind our opposition would just be daft and self defeating.

1 minute ago, HOPLITE said:

Actually we did win a few trophies in the early 80's pre-Souness...........League cup wins 1982, 84 and 85.  Scottish cup wins...1981.  Not a lot granted but it was at a time when Rangers were spending their money rebuilding Ibrox and we were up against great teams like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd who were competing in and winning European trophies plus the tarriers had a decent side back then, folk look back at that time and think because Rangers weren't at their strongest things were crap. That period was the most competative I have ever seen Scottish football lots of good sides and very good players in the game unlike now.

Agreed! 

Yet the support was a bit shit.

No we really are fucking rotten, but the support is as good as it has ever been.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Agreed! 

Yet the support was a bit shit.

No we really are fucking rotten, but the support is as good as it has ever been.

It was poor crowds in a lot of games MM but Ibrox was full in a lot of other games games against them, Abergreen, Dundee Utd and certain cup game especially the European games.

I think after what we went through in 2012 the fans ave been amazing and will financially back the club to the hilt when possible we never want to see our club on the brink again, the fans more than deserve success for their loyalty it will come maybe not under Gerrard time will tell on that but the success will come back we are far too big for it not too, Scottish football [sadly imho] is a two horse race they wont always have the upper hand, Rangers will be back winning leagues and cups again. 

In season 71/72 we came THIRD in the premier league and didn’t win any domestic cups. We did however win our only European trophy. The team hadn’t won the league for 7 years at this stage. This was a team with Greig,DJ,Smith,Stein,Bud,Doddy and others...allRangers legends......some older bears are looking at the past through blue tinted specs.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So should we just all vote with our feet and further hinder the club's attempts to catch them? 

It basically sounds like 'we' ll support them, unless we're pish then we'll chuck it until we're good again' 

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See you say he has to punch above his weight regarding the tarriers, thats undeniable, however aberdeen twice and hearts have knocked him out of domestic cups 

We all expect trophies, however, as i said, if we got to all 4 finals and lost all 4 to the tarriers in tight games, theres a lot of defense for him, however he hasn't even got that to fall back on because he's allowed teams spending way less than us, to pap us out the cups, 

Who actually gives a fuck about domestic trophies that much though? I honestly don't. If they go on and win the cups next season and we win the league all of that is forgotten and their trebles and 9IAR count for fuck all. We can use that as a stick to beat him with but deep down we know they don't really matter at this time. Walter fucked up at least 3 trebles in a row in his second spell, main thing was and still is the league so it was forgiven. 

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

A month of poor domestic form?

Funny way of saying 2 trophy-less seasons.

I take it you don’t think we got cheated in the cup final then ,officials do their job rather than be scared to cost TLB a trophy we have the league cup in the bag 

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No not really.

I dont think anyone is clapping because he is being critisised, I think they are clapping because although they think the criticism is merited, they still want him to stay.

Voting with your feet and depriving the club of money, until they sack and pay off a manager, whilst we are financially miles behind our opposition would just be daft and self defeating.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So should we just all vote with our feet and further hinder the club's attempts to catch them? 

It basically sounds like 'we' ll support them, unless we're pish then we'll chuck it until we're good again' 

The vast majority that would be voting with their feet will have already paid their season ticket, ForeverAndEver 1 - 0.

Just now, magic8ball said:

I take it you don’t think we got cheated in the cup final then ,officials do their job rather than be scared to cost TLB a trophy we have the league cup in the bag 

Our players finish their chances and don’t shite against 10 men we win the final.

Just now, King Jela said:

Who actually gives a fuck about domestic trophies that much though? I honestly don't. If they go on and win the cups next season and we win the league all of that is forgotten and their trebles and 9IAR count for fuck all. We can use that as a stick to beat him with but deep down we know they don't really matter at this time. Walter fucked up at least 3 trebles in a row in his second spell, main thing was and still is the league so it was forgiven. 

Because winning a cup gives them a winning feeling, puts doubts in the minds of the tarriers etc etc 

And while the league came first, being pappes out of the cups by sheep and hearts, while not competing in the league anymore, is a shambles, no matter how its dressed up

5 minutes ago, The Blues said:

In season 71/72 we came THIRD in the premier league and didn’t win any domestic cups. We did however win our only European trophy. The team hadn’t won the league for 7 years at this stage. This was a team with Greig,DJ,Smith,Stein,Bud,Doddy and others...allRangers legends......some older bears are looking at the past through blue tinted specs.

Early 80s was horrendous ,4th in the league was an achievement in those years ,fair enough we won a couple of cups ,
Bears have blue tinted specs from that era too when it comes to great players ,Only Cooper and McClelland were any any good 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The vast majority that would be voting with their feet will have already paid their season ticket, ForeverAndEver 1 - 0.

They have, but then there's also additional matchday spending, the whole thing about fans being like a '12th man' not to mention stuff like the Leverkusen not being paid for or away games.

See if one more person says he's improved us, I've watched us since the 70s , early 80s was dire to watch, the team that went down the leagues was terrible, Gerrards team to watch is utter drivel , Killie away first game this season, st mirren away, livi played us off the park in the cup, the pathetic display at home to the scum (dropping morelos😪)  the shite football this year is on par with these rotten teams,

its his style of play , l could take it if you seen tactics , unlucky performances, or a way forward but there isn't any, his signings are nothing short of disgraceful. What were his tactics to win the game on Saturday? Nobody can tell me

no doubt his defenders will be on , quoting  Europe  , Paul le guen took us to the last 16 , but was shit domestically, only reason he's  still here is his name nothing else.

when stevie May and that wee Irish fuck that plays for the scum score against you it's time to say enoughs enough

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Blaming the officials for us missing a penalty and shiting the bed for half an hour against ten men

No one to blame but ourselves in that final, 

Just now, The Dude said:

They have, but then there's also additional matchday spending, the whole thing about fans being like a '12th man' not to mention stuff like the Leverkusen not being paid for or away games.

Gerrard has had a dig at the ibrox crowd recently, maybe the players would do better if we werent there

Just now, Ivybank said:

See if one more person says he's improved us, I've watched us since the 70s , early 80s was dire to watch, the team that went down the leagues was terrible, Gerrards team to watch is utter drivel , Killie away first game this season, st mirren away, livi played us off the park in the cup, the pathetic display at home to the scum (dropping morelos😪)  the shite football this year is on par with these rotten teams,

its his style of play , l could take it if you seen tactics , unlucky performances, or a way forward but there isn't any, his signings are nothing short of disgraceful. What were his tactics to win the game on Saturday? Nobody can tell me

no doubt his defenders will be on , quoting  Europe  , Paul le guen took us to the last 16 , but was shit domestically, only reason he's  still here is his name nothing else.

when stevie May and that wee Irish fuck that plays for the scum score against you it's time to say enoughs enough

We have more points this year after the same number of games than last year. We've gone further in Europe. Those are both improvements. 

Fuck, I can pick games from every manager and ask what their tactics were as it looked like they didn't have a clue on certain games. 

Archived