Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrard has had a dig at the ibrox crowd recently, maybe the players would do better if we werent there

Maybe. Although I reckon if the fans didn't jump on every tiny mistake it would probably make a difference. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Maybe. Although I reckon if the fans didn't jump on every tiny mistake it would probably make a difference. 

Fans would be more forgiving if it wasnt the same mistakes every game, tav being caught out, long balls catching us off guard, midfielders dropping deep, davis clipping long balls to no one

Fool us once, shame on us, fool us every fucking game since winter, shame on them all

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Taigs didn’t even have to have a legal shot on goal and still got it handed to them 

They got a lucky break, doesnt take away the fact had morelos or someone else scored that penalty, we probably score another 2 and thump them, instead we shat it again

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fans would be more forgiving if it wasnt the same mistakes every game, tav being caught out, long balls catching us off guard, midfielders dropping deep, davis clipping long balls to no one

Fool us once, shame on us, fool us every fucking game since winter, shame on them all

It was the same mistakes most were happy to ignore before the winter break. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We have more points this year after the same number of games than last year. We've gone further in Europe. Those are both improvements. 

Fuck, I can pick games from every manager and ask what their tactics were as it looked like they didn't have a clue on certain games. 

We've spent more than last year, and went out of all domestic honours earlier

Improvement ia dependent on your viewpoint, 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You don't know what abuse is , half empty ibrox in the early 80s ,players can hear every word ,, been going on for years

the players then were on hundreds a week , these days it's telephone numbers,if they can't handle it bye,bye

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've spent more than last year, and went out of all domestic honours earlier

Improvement ia dependent on your viewpoint, 

Were doing better in the league. That's the bread and butter for us. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

You don't know what abuse is , half empty ibrox in the early 80s ,players can hear every word ,, been going on for years

the players then were on hundreds a week , these days it's telephone numbers,if they can't handle it bye,bye

Aye, your right. I've no idea what abuse is because I wasn't there (like most Rangers fans) in the 80s when we were wank. 🙄

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

The people who say things like 'he needs to learn from his mistakes and fast', have you seen anything so far that makes you think he's going to? 

I want him to, I don't feel like I'm being convinced he will. 

Right so we get rid tomorrow, who do we replace him with? where is the money going to come from to give them a realistic chance of competing with the scum? How long do we give them? Do we just continue that cycle until we get lucky? As for your question l don't know but l don't think we have much of a choice but to back him unless we have something special up our sleeves.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

I take it you don’t think we got cheated in the cup final then ,officials do their job rather than be scared to cost TLB a trophy we have the league cup in the bag 

Give my fucking head peace.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because winning a cup gives them a winning feeling, puts doubts in the minds of the tarriers etc etc 

And while the league came first, being pappes out of the cups by sheep and hearts, while not competing in the league anymore, is a shambles, no matter how its dressed up

Like I said, if they win both cups and we win the league, we're the happier of the two, similar to Liverpool's season last season when City sweeper up domestically but Liverpool got the one City wanted 😉

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is 9 extra points a good enough improvement after getting another £12m+  to spend, that's the question? 

Every single person on here stated in May that this season Gerrard needed to win a trophy and cut the gap between the scum to a small margin of points. That has not been achieved, so he failed going on that basis after being backed massively again . When the standard of the 10 SPFL sides goes backwards and we improve by spending money it's inevitable our points will increase. 

Still 11 games to play and on current form domestically we might not even get a better points return compared to last season!

Europe is great and financially it's very good but every single person would have gladly took us going out in qualifying to win the league title this year. Anybody who says otherwise is a clear liar!

There's still 11 games left in the season. Win three of them and the gap is down to three points. Who knows what could happen and what the gap will be come May, we could still end the season with a better points tally than most years we've actually won the title.

I'll be honest, at the start of the season, I'd have taken going last 16/last 8 in Europe over winning the League Cup. Trophies are great but, in the grand scheme of things, getting to where we have in the EL is worth far more to the club than winning either cup.

By what measure has the standard of teams gone backwards since last season?

Archived