Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is 9 extra points a good enough improvement after getting another £12m+  to spend, that's the question? 

Every single person on here stated in May that this season Gerrard needed to win a trophy and cut the gap between the scum to a small margin of points. That has not been achieved, so he failed going on that basis after being backed massively again . When the standard of the 10 SPFL sides goes backwards and we improve by spending money it's inevitable our points will increase. 

Still 11 games to play and on current form domestically we might not even get a better points return compared to last season!

Europe is great and financially it's very good but every single person would have gladly took us going out in qualifying to win the league title this year. Anybody who says otherwise is a clear liar!

Show me where anyone has said otherwise?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Right so we get rid tomorrow, who do we replace him with? where is the money going to come from to give them a realistic chance of competing with the scum? How long do we give them? Do we just continue that cycle until we get lucky? As for your question l don't know but l don't think we have much of a choice but to back him unless we have something special up our sleeves.

Well, Murty could be a success at his third attempt?!

:mutley:

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's still 11 games left in the season. Win three of them and the gap is down to three points. Who knows what could happen and what the gap will be come May, we could still end the season with a better points tally than most years we've actually won the title.

I'll be honest, at the start of the season, I'd have taken going last 16/last 8 in Europe over winning the League Cup. Trophies are great but, in the grand scheme of things, getting to where we have in the EL is worth far more to the club than winning either cup.

By what measure has the standard of teams gone backwards since last season?

You'd chose a longer stay in europe over ending their treble domination? 

Fuck me

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is 9 extra points a good enough improvement after getting another £12m+  to spend, that's the question? 

Every single person on here stated in May that this season Gerrard needed to win a trophy and cut the gap between the scum to a small margin of points. That has not been achieved, so he failed going on that basis after being backed massively again . When the standard of the 10 SPFL sides goes backwards and we improve by spending money it's inevitable our points will increase. 

Still 11 games to play and on current form domestically we might not even get a better points return compared to last season!

Europe is great and financially it's very good but every single person would have gladly took us going out in qualifying to win the league title this year. Anybody who says otherwise is a clear liar!

We spent just over £10 million. Trying to make the sum larger discredits your argument. And I could see the point you were making if the season was over and we'd finished just 9 points better off but we get our finger out and we could still beat their points tally from last season. You can't deny that progress, if it happens. 

Again, the season's not over. We're in March. You seem to be quick to highlight our points tally difference, exaggerate our spend and talk about the gap as if the season's completely done and there's no games left. While it sits at 12 points the now if we win our game and hand and beat the scum twice that's 3 points behind a celtic team that have had £20 million spent on it this season alone. Again, would be clear progress. 

Or we could get our act together and reach 90+ points. 

No one's said different. 

37 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Like I said, if they win both cups and we win the league, we're the happier of the two, similar to Liverpool's season last season when City sweeper up domestically but Liverpool got the one City wanted 😉

Agreed, but we arent close to either of any honour

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd chose a longer stay in europe over ending their treble domination? 

Fuck me

Aye, I'd take the several million pounds more that the club stands to make and the benefits of maybe having two teams in the CL for us over winning the league cup.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, I'd take the several million pounds more that the club stands to make and the benefits of maybe having two teams in the CL for us over winning the league cup.

So in 3 years time, tims doing their 6th treble while we stay in europe till march, you'd be happy with that 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't we have to win in our league, Europe's the bonus.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Go look at AZ Alkmaar and how much they spent this summer and how they've performed under a rookie manager(never managed before) and how much an improvement he has made to that squad!

The gap in finance that's used as an excuse is far superior between AZ and Ajax than it is to us and the scum FYI. 🙄

Had a nosey. Far more competitive league with teams taking more off each other than here.  Their points achieved as a % available is less than ours, considerably less than the scums. 

That suggests Ajax are underperforming in terms of their performance rather than others over performing. Unsurprising given weakened by loss of last season's star players.

How is AZ win record in say the last half dozen games?  

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where have I said anything remotely close to that?

So at what point do we stop caring about europe and start caring about trophies, because them doing a 4th treble on the bounce while we dont win a thing to me is unacceptable 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So at what point do we stop caring about europe and start caring about trophies, because them doing a 4th treble on the bounce while we dont win a thing to me is unacceptable 

Once we finally get our hands on the title. That's first and foremost for me. I couldn't give a fuck less about other trophies really until we win the title. We can stop their trebles all we want but that doesn't come close to stopping 10+

Just now, The Dude said:

Thats the league, I wouldn't take anything in Europe over the league. Cups though? They're secondary. 

I honestly think if we had won the Cup against celtic we would still be challenging in the league, as it would have instilled some belief in the squad.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I honestly think if we had won the Cup against celtic we would still be challenging in the league, as it would have instilled some belief in the squad.

Quite possibly. Although I still think we had it after losing the cup final. It's been the turnaround from winter break that's fucked us. Not that I think anything really happened, just that the possible loss of momentum has hit us far more than them.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

'The Clancy Cup' was the game changer for me also. I think cfc's form would have collapsed if we had won that.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

'The Clancy Cup' was the game changer for me also. I think cfc's form would have collapsed if we had won that.

I think it took more out of us than some thought.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quite possibly. Although I still think we had it after losing the cup final. It's been the turnaround from winter break that's fucked us. Not that I think anything really happened, just that the possible loss of momentum has hit us far more than them.

We were brilliant after the final so I don't and can't blame that 

Just now, Smile said:

I think it took more out of us than some thought.

Agreed.

I think that's the point when the 'why should we turn up, when the ref doesn't' attitude was seeded. I don't think anyone would want to contend in a competition, where the officials aren't applying the rules of the game.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Once we finally get our hands on the title. That's first and foremost for me. I couldn't give a fuck less about other trophies really until we win the title. We can stop their trebles all we want but that doesn't come close to stopping 10+

Winning that first trophy for nearly all the squad, having that winning feeling, seeing what it brings to the club and the fans, that could be the driving force behind the players winning said league, walters last season showed that even consistent trophy winners can get a boost, and it can be detrimental to the tarriers

Instead we still have a team that has 3 players with a major honour to their name, the rest dont have that hunger, that desire

Archived