Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quite possibly. Although I still think we had it after losing the cup final. It's been the turnaround from winter break that's fucked us. Not that I think anything really happened, just that the possible loss of momentum has hit us far more than them.

I agree, because we had momentum and they had lost it. They were able to regroup. However,  they did regroup, worked on an alternative system and bingo! We are currently playing a combination of players and system that falls between stools. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Whats the clancy cup? It was collum we had in the final, and he gave us a penalty and sent off a tarrier with half an hour to go

The Clancy Cup, The Collum Cup, The Offside Cup, The Cup that was gifted. Call it what you want. I know I will.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Maybe you need to get your figures in check before spouting off nonsense.

£7m Kent

£3.5m Helander

£700K Edmundson

£300K Aribo

£300K Hastie

Small fee for Barker and loan fees for Ojo and King.

So yeah £12m+.

:lol:

Rest of my post isbang on though 😉

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought as much.

In a 1st season despite being a new manager at a club, a player overhaul, competing against a team we spent less than on transfers/loans/salaries, and who had 7iar plus 2 trebles behind them... and you expected a trophy.  

Fuck clapping a lack of trophies but given theres little realism or logic to that expectation it explains your current position 

So how long do you give him? If trophyless next season,which is entirely possible given his stubborn refusal to change,do we give him a 4th? 5th? And absolutely seeing as realistically we only have one team to beat I expected at least a LC.  Of course it doesn't help that Gerrard is losing to utter dross like Aberdeen and Hearts in cup competition never mind the filth. 

52 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

So how long do you give him? If trophyless next season,which is entirely possible given his stubborn refusal to change,do we give him a 4th? 5th? And absolutely seeing as realistically we only have one team to beat I expected at least a LC.  Of course it doesn't help that Gerrard is losing to utter dross like Aberdeen and Hearts in cup competition never mind the filth. 

Next season, as I said before he started as long as I saw sufficient progress. I do.  And that's based on the league, the cups have always been a potential bonus.

We're asking a manager to punch above his weight and win a league (in your case a cup) despite our main opponent being in a stronger position. It's tough on any manager but imo 3 years is fair to achieve that title or go, 2 isnt.

30 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

24 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

How long do we give Gerrard?

22 minutes ago, Bertent said:

Till he leaves apparently. 

19 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Looks that way doesn't it. 

Not sure who other than Bristoe has mentioned 4 or 5 years, or til he leaves (in other words as long as he wants) as Bertent suggests tbh.

17 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Gerrard, Lampard, Arteta, all good players now doing their apprenticeship. They’re finding out how tough it is.  How much time do we think these other guys will get?  

Lampard and Arteta are up against Liverpool Man City Tottenham Man U and are playing in a highly competitive league,Chelsea also had other probs to deal with. Gerrard is up against utter dross and a piss poor (as was shown again the other night) Pacific Shelf. He also has a budget that blows the other clubs out the water.  With one exception of course. Yet his record against this dross is ridiculous. The comparison isn't the same. 

There is more to Gerrard being manager here. Said it when he arrived.

I'm also not getting a good vibe with King standing down mainly becaise of the continued silence. Not because he's the wonderfull businessman of course, but it does weaken our financial base as we are left with no one underwriting the losses and no sign of fresh investment and it is now March with no replacement announced.

I do hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Optimist loyal. 

18 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Next season, as I said before he started as long as I saw sufficient progress. I do.  And that's based on the league, the cups have always been a potential bonus.

We're asking a manager to punch above his weight and win a league (in your case a cup) despite our main opponent being in a stronger position. It's tough on any manager but imo 3 years is fair to achieve that title or go, 2 isnt.

Arguably, take away europe as we'll never win anything there, he has shown very little improvement on the domestic front from his first season

Reality check for the folk on here thinking he'd walk with his head held high. It's the year 2020 football managers only resign if they're moving to a bigger club. Not a chance he's walking away from a payout. 

4 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Reality check for the folk on here thinking he'd walk with his head held high. It's the year 2020 football managers only resign if they're moving to a bigger club. Not a chance he's walking away from a payout. 

Gerrard's personal worth is in the tens of millions.  I doubt he'd stay in Glasgow if he didn't want to.  

37 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Arguably, take away europe as we'll never win anything there, he has shown very little improvement on the domestic front from his first season

We've got  what 11 games to get 14 points I think and we'll have surpassed last seasons total. We've beaten the scum at their place. We've dominated a cup final and but for an illegal goal deserved silverware.  

Theres positive aspects there tho I accept some prefer to look at the more negative aspects. 

Archived