Probably the worst I've felt as a fan .......... and I'm in my 70's

The Widow's Son

Reason I think  folk are feeling the current period is the worst is because we've now had  almost a decade pulling back, but there just seems to be no end to it. My worst despair was when we went bust and realised we had so many political and football enemies in Scotland, something I would never have dreamed of years ago. 

I genuinely feel that politics and the pro-Catholics in Scotland did have an agenda to destroy us, or reduce our power severely within the game, and nothing that has happened since makes me think different. And  that has added to the anger and frustration. . Fortunately our massive fan was probably the main obstacle to those shenanigans, and probably pulled us through. but the frustration, anger and bad feeling is now so much more than any one off defeat, or bad run.

I also never forget that the Ibrox disaster was our true worst experience, yet look how the city and other clubs rallied round . Nearly 50 years on, and we are now at the other extreme where most of the Scottish football community is split and full of hate. Sad times indeed.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

anyone who grew up in the 50,s when the woodburn young brown waddell cox were on the way out and millar wison baxter side hadnt appeared, the star players were few thats a rubbish time to remember.

You must have seen some changes over the years,  in terms of the support etc and the all round general feeling around the club be it bad or good up until now.

I'm nearly 40 and I feel like I've seen a lot but it's fuck all compared to you 👍

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

With so many people dying out there , the bad feeling you/we may have (that's if you have an ounce of compassion ) negates any footballing feeling for me this season . it just doesn't matter.

And to be honest , our club needs a break away from the momentum that the bheasts had over these past 8 years . And let's not lie about that . Things were getting better than the dark days of 2012, yet absolutely nowhere near good enough for this bear .

So the footballing break will hopefully be a good thing for Rangers . That is of some comfort to me .

👍...

22 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

You must have seen some changes over the years,  in terms of the support etc and the all round general feeling around the club be it bad or good up until now.

I'm nearly 40 and I feel like I've seen a lot but it's fuck all compared to you 👍

i would,nt agree that this is the worst ever after the showing in the first half till n,year but whats on the park is not recogniseable to that.

23 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

no hes not i recognise his name.

1967  was only bad because big jock had transformed them if you consider getting to a euro cup final and losing it because of lack of cover in a few positions mainly in attack henderson alex smith hynd dave smith and billy johston /just back from a broken leg.

Archived