Who Goes/ Who Stays

9 minutes ago, the old guard said:

We have to many snowflakes, we need  guys that will run through brick walls for us, we have a couple but to many of the squad are soft as shite, aribo, ojo, kamara, stewart to name a few and Davis and Defoe are just about done imo. 

We had one in Candeias and let him go.  Replaced him with Ojo who doesn't look interested.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TMB said:

There's no point making lists of who should go.  Halliday and Flanagan are out of contract so they'll certainly go.  Ojo and Kamberi can go back to their clubs.  Davis and Defoe just signed new contract and have now value due to their age so they'll be here next season.  Selling Morelos will be dependant on receiving an acceptable bid and up until now almost no one has bid for him.  Barisic and Tavernier are the two best full-backs in the country if we lost both of them who the fuck do we replace them with?  celtic brought in 6 full-back last summer and all of them are shite.   No one will buy guys like Barker, Stewart, Jones, Polster, and they would need to be loaned out.  

Who goes will be dependant on interest from other clubs.  I hope we can add 3-4 players of quality.  The season ticket money can be used to buy Hagi but where does the rest of the money come from to further strengthen the side?  

I doubt kamberi will be going back to Hibs. Hopefully he gets a lot of game time and we see whether we should buy him or not. The signs are good.

Just now, The Godfather said:

How Kamara is in folks list to stay is laughable, guys fucking rank and is every bit a 50k footballer. 

Unless we make a good profit I see him as a squad player mate. He’s capable and has shown that but been off the boil for past few months as have most tbh. 

44 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

It’s something we’re going to need to address, McCrorie should either be getting game time in cups or a loan move to another SPL team to prepare him. If we don’t think he’s the answer then someone else needs brought in

Keeper from Braga. 👍👍

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

And is also utter shite 

No he wasn't.  During his first season he was Rangers POTY.  Our right side was the strongest part of our team while he was here.  He chipped in with goals, assists, and had an incredible work rate off the ball.  12 goals, 15 assists, and he played about 80 games for us.  Considering what we paid for him he was a very good signing. 

Shocking to think we sold him and replaced him with guys like Ojo and Barker.

26 minutes ago, CooperSF said:
  • Firth
  • Tavernier
  • Flanagan
  • Halliday
  • Barker
  • Ojo
  • Jones
  • Davis
  • Kamara
  • Morelos

Two years down the line with Gerrard and we’ve still got a list of shite that wouldn’t look out of place in a Pedro Caixinha team. There’s others that can be added to that list. 

Gerrards fucked it. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Watch the 4-0/5-0 games against the Tarriers, there’s yer player who’ll run through brick walls for ye

Yeah and it was all his fault :lol: 

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I doubt kamberi will be going back to Hibs. Hopefully he gets a lot of game time and we see whether we should buy him or not. The signs are good.

I'm certain Hibs will gladly swap Docherty for Kamberi but not for me.  I'd rather have Docherty back and look to bring in a much better CF.  I doubt Morelos will be here next season so I expect a quality striker through the door.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been a real enigma of late because whilst he's kept us in games here and there, there's also been a whole swathe of goals he should have done better on.

A swathe is a load, I can think of a load of saves he has made to keep us in/win games but only a few where I have thought he should have done better, he has by far our most consistent performer since he has returned.

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

No he wasn't.  During his first season he was Rangers POTY.  Our right side was the strongest part of our team while he was here.  He chipped in with goals, assists, and had an incredible work rate off the ball.  12 goals, 15 assists, and he played about 80 games for us.  Considering what we paid for him he was a very good signing. 

Shocking to think we sold him and replaced him with guys like Ojo and Barker.

Fuck no I meant Ojo is shite. Barker and Ojo should be two of the first out the door. 
Not sure of the ins and outs of Candeias leaving but he’s twice the player of both of them 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Keeper from Braga. 👍👍

Wasn’t convinced mate, looked a bit too scary on the ball for my liking. Foderingham esque some of the passes he was playing out 

47 minutes ago, TMB said:

There's no point making lists of who should go.  Halliday and Flanagan are out of contract so they'll certainly go.  Ojo and Kamberi can go back to their clubs.  Davis and Defoe just signed new contract and have now value due to their age so they'll be here next season.  Selling Morelos will be dependant on receiving an acceptable bid and up until now almost no one has bid for him.  Barisic and Tavernier are the two best full-backs in the country if we lost both of them who the fuck do we replace them with?  celtic brought in 6 full-back last summer and all of them are shite.   No one will buy guys like Barker, Stewart, Jones, Polster, and they would need to be loaned out.  

Who goes will be dependant on interest from other clubs.  I hope we can add 3-4 players of quality.  The season ticket money can be used to buy Hagi but where does the rest of the money come from to further strengthen the side?  

Europe ? Morelos leaving ? There should be enough money available to strengthen

Tav, Morelos, Stewart, Ojo, Barker, Flanagan, Halliday, Jones, Kamara, Davis, Morelos, I would also drop McGregor as he thinks he's untouchable yet recently his decision making is pish, we need a born winner in our team like a Souness. I've never saw a team capitulate as much in my life and I've been watching Rangers since 1968, After all the trials and tribulations since 2012 I thought at last we have a manager and squad capable of winning something, since December they have totally collapsed as a squad and as winners. We don't have one player in this squad that can take the bull by the horns and make things happen like a Barry Ferguson, fuckin soul destroying.

33 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Two years down the line with Gerrard and we’ve still got a list of shite that wouldn’t look out of place in a Pedro Caixinha team. There’s others that can be added to that list. 

Gerrards fucked it. 

The scary thing is... that's pretty much an entire team we need to shift.

Fuck me!

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Go watch his press conference interview from a couple of days ago and tell me that's a player who's had his head turned. What absolute shite.

We can all talk a good game.

54 minutes ago, shaka said:

Why would he want to stay?  The quality of football in this country is horrible.  It's horrible to watch.  I can't imagine how depressing it must be to play in. 

Having to play in this Rangers team looks far from fun too often, even before the opposition get involved.

He'll have offers to play in a better league, with better players, for more money, and with more chance of keeping his place for Croatia.

If we make him stay and he doesn't get arsey about it, great.

I think you've got to bring age into this as well . 

Guys like Katic ,  Kamara , Aribo , Edmundson and Kent  are 24 or under and we've seen they have it , albeit not consistently and with the right experienced players around them can contribute to the team . . Outside of that I'd be looking to keep McGregor  , Jack and Barisic . 

The rest can go as far as I'm concerned . 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

There's a lot of value in our squad. They're worth far more than we payed for them.

Realistically some players will want to go. I can understand that, we play in a poor league, it's overly physical and the referee's are shocking.

But we should be looking for top dollar and reinvesting in the squad. Selling Morelos an Barasic should give us enough to strengthen the entire squad.

Possibly top dollar for Borna and that's it. Alfie has blown it. His rep is in tatters as is his goal scoring prowes. Very lucky to get ten mil.

No cunt is paying money for Tav, so he can sit in the dev squad earning a fortune to keep his Lambo in juice and teaching the young uns how to play captain..

Likewise with Goldson, Aribo, Arfield, Davis, Kamara. Then there's our slowest player in the league Helander, with the turning circle of an ocean liner. The scum must be quaking in their boots!

Maybe Gerrard can give our saviour Ojo another loan spell and ditch Hagi? Seems about right for our gaffer..

Archived