Walter

falkirkNS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a sad day when grown men who get paid a fortune to play football even need to be told they need to try hard but our players need a boot up the arse bigtime. I would lock them in a room with guys like Walter, John Brown and Ian Ferguson. Guys that would bleed for that shirt. Let them tell them how Rangers FC works and what is expected of them if they want to represent it. 

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It’s a sad day when grown men who get paid a fortune to play football even need to be told they need to try hard but our players need a boot up the arse bigtime. I would lock them in a room with guys like Walter, John Brown and Ian Ferguson. Guys that would bleed for that shirt. Let them tell them how Rangers FC works and what is expected of them if they want to represent it. 

I don’t think any of our current players bar Halliday ‘ get it ‘.

49 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They wouldn't care.

47 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t think any of our current players bar Halliday ‘ get it ‘.

McGregor too, hes Edinburgh born but brought up a blue nose, his da is.

Davis fir a northern Irish protestant you think also...certainly has not showing it.

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Davis was the first player wanting out the door when we went into admin. He never got it.

Plus people forget Davis first time round. He went missing in a lot of the physical games, he was never one of the players who 'got it'

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Plus people forget Davis first time round. He went missing in a lot of the physical games, he was never one of the players who 'got it'

I was actually about to post similar. He was very good in Europe the first season shoehorned in Walter style as a right midfielder. As soon as Ferguson left and he came into the middle of the park he went missing a lot.

Genuinely think if Walter had these players we would be lining up something like this:

McGregor

Edmundson   Katic        Goldson         Helander

Arfield/Tav    Jack        Aribo       Kamberi/Barisic

Hagi

Morelos

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Genuinely think if Walter had these players we would be lining up something like this:

McGregor

Edmundson   Katic        Goldson         Helander

Arfield/Tav    Jack        Aribo       Kamberi/Barisic

Hagi

Morelos

Good thing he’s not here then because that is dire

24 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Good thing he’s not here then because that is dire

We'd be standing with at least one trophy come the end of May. 

He could get that extra 10% out of players. Seen it all throughout my youth and then when he came back second time. I. Learned to stop questioning his decision making tbh 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We'd be standing with at least one trophy come the end of May. 

He could get that extra 10% out of players. Seen it all throughout my youth and then when he came back second time. I. Learned to stop questioning his decision making tbh 

Full backs at defensive midfield, fullbacks wide in midfield, strikers at left midfield 😂 

The best in the shoehorning business.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If Smith was here I think one of Docherty or McCrorie would be too and they would be featuring regularly as utility men.

Smith understood the importance of grafting and physical presence in certain games more than anybody else who has managed us since did.

He just totally gets what it takes to beat livi away etc

It would be dour as fuck but we would go. Get the points and back on the bus home. 

We may win 3 games v the tarriers this season in the league and end up double figure points behind. It's crazy 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If Smith was here I think one of Docherty or McCrorie would be too and they would be featuring regularly as utility men.

Smith understood the importance of grafting and physical presence in certain games more than anybody else who has managed us since did.

Anyone who questions Walter should either know better or are bairns still at school who dont remember him as manager. The amount of times he would put out a team selection that would baffle us but end up winning is unbelievable. Never doubt the master of grinding out wins.

Archived