No More Exotic Winter Break Trips To Exclusive Foreign Seaside Resorts.

tannerall

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd have it as a punishment and keep the 'Exotic Winter Break Trips' as a reward.

Don't give us 100% in the games = Training sessions at Gullane sands

Give 100% in the games = Exotic Winter Break Trips' as a reward

I would have 1 session there in the summer and tell them, this is where we train if we lose or draw in the Scottish game. Then it is down to them; they moan, then tell them don't like it, then win. 

4 hours ago, ZZed said:

I would have 1 session there in the summer and tell them, this is where we train if we lose or draw in the Scottish game. Then it is down to them; they moan, then tell them don't like it, then win. 

Good idea :tu:

Sometimes, tough love is the only option.

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Recall reading Derek Johnstone commenting that so many games were won late on because of the stamina that he suggested came from those runs in Gullane.  Maybe there is something to it.

"We won a lot of games in the last five or 10 minutes in those days when other players' legs were tiring. We won two trebles in three years under Jock.

"I would say tactically Jock wasn't the greatest at times. But, I tell you what, when a game went into extra time we were ready for it. We were a very fit side."

Derek Johnstone

Much as I doubt there would be any physical benefit to this type of training, over what is already done, and players are miles fitter these days.

I think it would certainly tell management a lot about the players mentality. 

Would you want players who would kick up a stink about having to do this type of brutal training playing for Rangers?

I've no doubt the team is as fitter than any Rangers side of the last century, but mentally this where this team is lacking. I do think we lack the characters that would be prepared to brutally run up and down those sand dunes until they could run no more, just to play for Rangers - not that I endorse going back to these methods, as that would be daft - however we do need to build mental strength. 

18 minutes ago, Don54 said:

"We won a lot of games in the last five or 10 minutes in those days when other players' legs were tiring. We won two trebles in three years under Jock.

"I would say tactically Jock wasn't the greatest at times. But, I tell you what, when a game went into extra time we were ready for it. We were a very fit side."

Derek Johnstone

Yup fit and mentally strong. 

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Recall reading Derek Johnstone commenting that so many games were won late on because of the stamina that he suggested came from those runs in Gullane.  Maybe there is something to it.

Of course there’s something to it, exercises like it are tried and tested over centuries, Jock Wallace introduced from his service days. In the words of the great man ‘Character’ building. 

Grasping at fucking straws trying to blame training in Dubai ffs.

It's simple. Half the players aren't good enough both technically and in character.

Several needing dropped now and punted in the summer.

Gerrard needs to get ruthless and show that there will be consequences for repeat underperforming, starting against Hamilton.

More flexible approach in formations. Getting players in their natural positions. Get two up front in this backwater. Just who the fuck is there to be afraid of? Shadows?! High tempo attacking pass and move style and so on. That ponderous sideways passing shite ends now, along with the shitebaggery that goes with it.

If we go forward with business as usual, it will be another trophyless decade. 

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

There's some interesting points in those links :tu:

Gullane Sands patter gets an airing every season on here. Let Walter enjoy his retirement. Herrera actually gets smaller when he jumps. Ejaria would be a cracking fives player. 

17 minutes ago, OhW said:

Gullane Sands patter gets an airing every season on here. Let Walter enjoy his retirement. Herrera actually gets smaller when he jumps. Ejaria would be a cracking fives player. 

I kind of like the idea from this poster. It could be a deterrent to poor discipline and not giving 100% effort in games.

15 hours ago, ZZed said:

Those players probably didn't want to run the sands but fuck sake they wanted to let Jock down less. And not out of fear either, out of respect for the man.

I feel like the players might still see Gerrard the player rather than Gerrard the manager tbh, certainly the younger less experienced ones anyway. Doubt Shagger or Davis are in awe of Gerrard the way someone like Aribo or Ryan Jack would have been.

Archived