Gerrard & Davis Press Conference

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d scrap pre match press conferences.

They are so monotonous same old lines trotted out and no wonder when we’re playing 3 times a week. That’s not much more you can say. Plus your pre and post game interviews which I’d keep.

Would instead just put out squad details and injuries on clubs official website and social media.

Then every couple of months official interviews through club channels.

30 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fair enough from Stevie but Davis can fuck off whenever he likes. 

A lot of what SG is saying is as weak as piss tbh 

I understand he isn’t going to give the media an inch but having the day off after that .He has already forgiven the players .You can tell .We will be back here again in a few weeks after our next big loss 

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

A lot of what SG is saying is as weak as piss tbh 

I understand he isn’t going to give the media an inch but having the day off after that .He has already forgiven the players .You can tell .We will be back here again in a few weeks after our next big loss 

Not so sure he has forgiven them, I think it’s finally dawned on him you can’t trust every professional footballer to be like him. 
A few big egos in that team in for a shock come transfer window, fingers crossed anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not so sure he has forgiven them, I think it’s finally dawned on him you can’t trust every professional footballer to be like him. 
A few big egos in that team in for a shock come transfer window, fingers crossed anyway. 

Yeah that was my take. You can tell he’s still pretty down which is to be expected from a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve but his comment about already thinking about the summer made it clear where this is going. 

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t see that CB 

I think the board will have given him complete backing ,as he is making them money .It will be coming in fast and furious ..The positives of that will be getting looked at and excuses made for our disgraceful domestic record.

What I fear the most .This board going back to the DM days of getting the ST money in with false promises and doing very little with it .

SG has walked the walk .He is clearly a master at talk .And the more I hear him .The weaker it sounds .I’m resigned to the fact .He is staying long term and big part of me realises ,we do not not have any other option .

Yet there is now a part of me, doesn’t trust him.His total mismanagement of players in vital domestic games this season 

2 standouts being the first OF game giving the scum the initiative for the season

And the disgraceful team choice in our most vital game of our season  at the weekend .

And last years debacles versus the sheep.

He isn’t showing any signs of learning over that lengthy period of time .And all the smiles and bravado in the world from him ,doesn’t convince me he will care to change much .

2 wins v Ross County and Accies and he will be singing all the same players praises again .The weekend will have been quickly forgotten 

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I fucking hope so!

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Don’t see that CB 

I think the board will have given him complete backing ,as he is making them money .It will be coming in fast and furious ..The positives of that will be getting looked at and excuses made for our disgraceful domestic record.

What I fear the most .This board going back to the DM days of getting the ST money in with false promises and doing very little with it .

SG has walked the walk .He is clearly a master at talk .And the more I hear him .The weaker it sounds .I’m resigned to the fact .He is staying long term and big part of me realises ,we do not not have any other option .

Yet there is now a part of me, doesn’t trust him.His total mismanagement of players in vital domestic games this season 

2 standouts being the first OF game giving the scum the initiative for the season

And the disgraceful team choice in our most vital game of our season  at the weekend .

And last years debacles versus the sheep.

He isn’t showing any signs of learning over that lengthy period of time .And all the smiles and bravado in the world from him ,doesn’t convince me he will care to change much .

2 wins v Ross County and Accies and he will be singing all the same players praises again .The weekend will have been quickly forgotten 

We will have to wait until the summer mate. 
If he goes with the same core of that team then we might as well just give the Scum 10iar in August. 
For me Stevie definitely comes across as hurting, he does appear to take every bad performance personally, can’t say the same for far too many in that team though. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I fucking hope so!

Has to BA, if he goes again with the same core of that failed team then it’s pointless. 
He really has to get his blinkers off when it comes to the usual suspects, hopefully Wilson is a strong character and makes sure he is listened to. 

I don't know how to feel about this PC. It's smattering of same talk, different day. I guess we will see what is on offer on the pitch cause right now I am not brimming with confidence that anything has changed or will improve. 

Too little too late when the damage is already done. Everyone has been spoken to...indeed  

I would start building for next season already now that he's confirmed he's staying.

Get rid of guys like Goldson, Davis, Tavernier, Barker, Flanagan and Jones from the match day squad. Start giving guys like Patterson, Kennedy, King etc a run out - won't get a better time with less pressure to do so.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Has to BA, if he goes again with the same core of that failed team then it’s pointless. 
He really has to get his blinkers off when it comes to the usual suspects, hopefully Wilson is a strong character and makes sure he is listened to. 

Well, after our latest humiliation, you'd think he'd learn. He aint a stupid guy. I'm interested to see who he starts with from here on in and how we are set up, because for me that will say a lot if he has learned or not.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well, after our latest humiliation, you'd think he'd learn. He aint a stupid guy. I'm interested to see who he starts with from here on in and how we are set up, because for me that will say a lot if he has learned or not.

Honestly don’t see much changing when it comes to tactics or different system. Nothing radically different anyway, Beale will tell you a wee tweak here and there is radical mind you. 
We are playing for nothing, it’s a free swing during the league games try different formations in a real game we have nothing to lose. 

Don't know what people are expecting from a press conference, he's going to get slated whatever he says. Nothing is going to be any better until stuff happens on the park and we all know that. Personally I'm glad he is looking ahead talking about next season as well and that he's not going anywhere. 

There's been an ongoing analysis by the coaching staff about tactics and formation since the day they arrived at the club? Yet we've persisted with 4-3-3 when nearly every single one of us can see it doesn't work against some teams and teams have figured out how to frustrate and stop us. That's alarming to me. 

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I would start building for next season already now that he's confirmed he's staying.

Get rid of guys like Goldson, Davis, Tavernier, Barker, Flanagan and Jones from the match day squad. Start giving guys like Patterson, Kennedy, King etc a run out - won't get a better time with less pressure to do so.

As soon as the Europa is over he has to bring in some of the young players ,even playing 1 each match giving them 2 or 3 full games each between now and the end is a must for me 

Archived