What now?

slimjim1690

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3fb6072f93965919af163946e04b6d50.jpeg

As much as hes retired and well earned it,, watching that performance tonight, he is actually the only man I could honestly think of that would get something out of EVEN that squad.  He must be hurtin as well seeing them bastards being handed 9IAR.  Maybe nostalgia but as much as I have really wanted Stevie to do well,, IF he walked and he came in,, I would genuinely be the happiest I have been in a long time.

7 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Get the youngsters into the squad. Kennedy, Paterson, McPake, Mebude... I would have Docherty and McCrorie back too if their loans allowed it. Don’t all need to start but they want to impress

Davis and Arfield should never play another game. Neither should Ojo, Barker... get back to players who want to play and will work hard. Those are the basics. Let’s see what happens 

We should have done this in Division 3.  Instead we bought over paid has beens. 

Our current team have too many players who go hiding. We need leaders and winners. Barasic is the only one i see.

Get rid of Gerrard & see what's left, see what players just came to play for him and not for the club 

The longer Gerrard is in charge the longer this will take to clean up, it was a risk hiring him with no experience & its not worked, cut the ties before it's too late. 

Hell mend us if we sell Barisic/Morelos in the summer & trust Gerrard with a sizeable transfer budget 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Would it be unfair on him and his family to ask him? Of course it would be (and I don’t think we will) but he’s just about the only person I would trust to get us out of this mess once and for all. 

He could manage us with his eyes closed and do a better job of it than everybody who has come since him has.

Could also be the biggest fuck you to him if the tarriers won 10 in a row when he was here.

He doesn’t deserve it.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fucking love the man. 

He will be hurting like we all are tonight, I wish I could slap the younger me who used to bitch and moan about some of our displays under him when he was consistently bringing home the trophies. What a tit 

No boyd = no goals etc etc 

I bet you the UB feel like right fucking mongos now.

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Our current team have too many players who go hiding. We need leaders and winners. Barasic is the only one i see.

Absolutely. But they went with Ally because he’s their mate

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We go again. 

Nothing else to really do but get someone in who has some authority and pedigree. Easier said than done but that's what the board get paid the big money to do. 

Going to take a shot load of money and luck but we need to start it by getting a decent manager in. If we fuck that up again then nothing will change 

We turn to ross wilson now. One of the reasons for a DOF was to be prepared for a manager change if necessary.

Well it's now necessary. We need an experienced manager to come in now.

5 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

The majority of the youth team we had in the third division were shite though.

No amount of football was going to turn people like Ross Perry, Andy Mitchell and Kyle Hutton into players.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I really don't know the investors over invested to put this team together. Will they fund another rebuild?

That's my fear @Sweetheart I think all their eggs were put in this basket, would be almost impossible to get new investors who are not fans willing to put up what would be required to get rid of Gerrard and his staff, and fund another rebuild in this little league we play in.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We turn to ross wilson now. One of the reasons for a DOF was to be prepared for a manager change if necessary.

Well it's now necessary. We need an experienced manager to come in now.

My biggest worry about Wilson is the sort of manager he might go after.

As a club Southampton are (or were) about two things - playing good football and getting players who they can sell on for a profit - and I would imagine most of the names he will have will know or have will be managers who excel at that criteria.

It’s the ideal bit I don’t think it’s what we need just now. We just need somebody who can win games and trophies.

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Would it be unfair on him and his family to ask him? Of course it would be (and I don’t think we will) but he’s just about the only person I would trust to get us out of this mess once and for all. 

He could manage us with his eyes closed and do a better job of it than everybody who has come since him has.

I'd be delighted to see the Legendary man return. 

However I think this would be too much to ask of him. 

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Could also be the biggest fuck you to him if the tarriers won 10 in a row when he was here.

He doesn’t deserve it.

He may relish the chance to stop 10IAR as much as any of us tho,, surely would be up to him.  Could you honestly see with the money Gerrard has been given ,, another seasons season ticket money and potentially money from Morelos and Barisic ,, up against Neil fucking  pop corn teeth Lennon ,, he couldn't stop 10IAR?,, to suggest otherwise is insulting the man imo. 

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was thinking what you were saying during the week about him knowing about the physicality needed to win games every time Gogic headed the ball tonight.

I think it sticks out a mile. We are far too powderpuff and have been for a long time. 

1 minute ago, stevotrueblue said:

He may relish the chance to stop 10IAR as much as any of us tho,, surely would be up to him.  Could you honestly see with the money Gerrard has been given ,, another seasons season ticket money and potentially money from Morelos and Barisic ,, up against Neil fucking  pop corn teeth Lennon ,, he couldn't stop 10IAR?,, to suggest otherwise is insulting the man imo. 

No I’m not saying that, but if I was him, it’s a helluva risk and would genuinely top if all off of those cunts won 10 when he was in charge.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This is becoming a complete trope.

We didn't lose tonight because of physicality ffs.

You are right, We lost because our manager couldn't motivate a squad of tripe he has put together. 

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

No I’m not saying that, but if I was him, it’s a helluva risk and would genuinely top if all off of those cunts won 10 when he was in charge.

Nah,, I dont honestly think anyone would blame him for one season if they got 10 when he wasn't there for the other 9, esp given his previous.  I just think that IF and its still IF Gerrard walks or is pushed,, then if we were to go with a new man then he is potentially the least biggest risk out there with one season to go,, nobody knows the game up here like him,, to put it simply,, if he couldn't stop 10IAR,, nae fucker could.

Archived