What now?

slimjim1690

29 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Asked the same thing tonight. Need a massive clear out this summer regardless of the management team. If anybody ever tells me that Goldson is good enough or point to Tav's stats ever again they're getting told to fuck off. 

You literally told me i was talking pish weeks ago when i said this :lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

We should have done this in Division 3.  Instead we bought over paid has beens. 

Our current team have too many players who go hiding. We need leaders and winners. Barasic is the only one i see.

Exactly this. Within months of admin, we were making the same fucking mistakes. Never ever fucking learn do we 🙄🙄

Bottom line is he needs to leave. He won’t turn this around. From memory the likes of Advocaat, McLeish, LeGuen, Caixinha were all in the same situation and it was clear that it was only going to get worse. 

Hopefully he quits and that’ll save us some money on getting his replacement in.

23 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

That's my fear @Sweetheart I think all their eggs were put in this basket, would be almost impossible to get new investors who are not fans willing to put up what would be required to get rid of Gerrard and his staff, and fund another rebuild in this little league we play in.

It's maddening. Investors will be wanting to sell, sell, sell after that. The players have damaged their resale value and If we do have to rebuild they'll be a huge rise on ST's.  It will set us back a few years.

I'm starting to think something has happened to cause this collapse, Two things happen at the end off last year the Dubai trip and King announcing he's stepping down and selling his stock.  Dubai has already been ruled out by McAllister, Which leaves me with the gut feeling that DK has sold his shares and the team don't like who's taking over.

Maybe c1872 can tell us if anyone is taking over the club either now or in the summer.

7 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Nah,, I dont honestly think anyone would blame him for one season if they got 10 when he wasn't there for the other 9, esp given his previous.  I just think that IF and its still IF Gerrard walks or is pushed,, then if we were to go with a new man then he is potentially the least biggest risk out there with one season to go,, nobody knows the game up here like him,, to put it simply,, if he couldn't stop 10IAR,, nae fucker could.

No ones going to blame him, but every single tarrier would have revenge on him finally for the 90s, Manchester, 3 in a row.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's maddening. Investors will be wanting to sell, sell, sell after that. The players have damaged their resale value and If we do have to rebuild they'll be a huge rise on ST's.  It will set us back a few years.

I'm starting to think something has happened to cause this collapse, Two things happen at the end off last year the Dubai trip and King announcing he's stepping down and selling his stock.  Dubai has already been ruled out bu McAllister, Which leaves me with the gut feeling that DK has sold his shares and the team don't like who's taking over.

Maybe c1872 can tell us if anyone is taking over the club either now or in the summer.

I'm not going to get involved in conspiracy theories even though it has gone all quite on that issue 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye, i just don’t see what more another manager could get out some of these players.

Klopp could walk in and get fuck all from them. We've turned into a glorified Aberdeen from between 2012-2016 when we all thought they'd maybe sneak the league but always fell on their arse. 

We're basically Aberdeen with a better European record. 

Nothing will change unless the chosen one quits. We have a potless spineless board, a manager that's never won a league, a team that have no guts, belief or fight, and sections of the support acting more like groupies than football fans.

15 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I really don't know the answer to that but our investors over invested to put this team together. Will they fund another rebuild?

I seriously doubt it. King's done and Park's skint and a tightwad bastard anyway.

Our financial state with all that is at stake in rebuilding to make a challenge  is a cause for concern and I doubt we will get much now for those we can sell. Plus the 10 mil hole in the accounts.

However, all academic at the minute, because I am 100% sure football will go into lockdown in a couple of weeks for 3 to 6 months with this virus, listening to all the reports on it.

If Gerrard walks, I can see a youth coach as an interim and possibly Murty again and I am being serious. The silence from the boardroom is deafening..

Just now, King Jela said:

Klopp could walk in and get fuck all from them. We've turned into a glorified Aberdeen from between 2012-2016 when we all thought they'd maybe sneak the league but always fell on their arse. 

We're basically Aberdeen with a better European record. 

You imagine we appointed Warnock. One dressing room rollicking and they’d be on instagram or twitter complaining.

20 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Team for next game if possible:

McGregor

Barasic 

Polster

Edmundson

Patterson

Docherty

McCrorie

Hagi

Jack

Kamberi

McPake

Why fucking not eh?

Well, cannot play Docherty or McCrorie, McPake was sent back by Dundee because the Championship was too big a step up for him. Barasic did  not look interested or fit. Polster looks as if he has no creative instinct.  But I do get your point although we really have almost no worthwhile options to replace the imposters who usually put on the jersey.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I seriously doubt it. King's done and Park's skint and a tightwad bastard anyway.

Our financial state with all that is at stake in rebuilding to make a challenge  is a cause for concern and I doubt we will get much now for those we can sell. Plus the 10 mil hole in the accounts.

However, all academic at the minute, because I am 100% sure football will go into lockdown in a couple of weeks for 3 to 6 months with this virus, listening to all the reports on it.

If Gerrard walks, I can see a youth coach as an interim and possibly Murty again and I am being serious. The silence from the boardroom is deafening..

It's like ground hog day. 

Can the 10mil hole not be plugged with EL and TV money?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

It's like ground hog day. 

Can the 10mil hole not be plugged with EL and TV money?

Yes and then what? We now have a wage bill that depends on EL group money. Players that need to go but are still under contract.   Wages, transfers fees for new players of the type needed. Costly.

I'd say we're struggling unless a serious new investor comes on board, which we know nothing of at the minute.

Tbe best thing is for players like Tav, Goldson, Alfie, Kamara etc to perform heroics in Europe, hopefully receive decent bids and the punt them in summer.

Give manager ( think Gerrard will leave, possibly citing family reasons 👀) the money to spend.

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye, i just don’t see what more another manager could get out some of these players.

But it’s not as if these players haven’t performed well and the manager wasn’t  getting anything out of them at any point. Under Warburton and Caixinha, the team barely reached any standards at all. Just a couple of weeks ago, this group were amazing for 3 out of 4 halves against Braga and they played some great stuff in December in tricky away games. In the first half of the season, it looked like Gerrard had coached Jack to a level I didn’t think he could get to, Morelos was scoring every week and Barisic was unbelievable from October onwards.

I just don’t get how it’s been such a drastic turnaround. 

Just now, Gandhi1872 said:

But it’s not as if these players haven’t performed well and the manager wasn’t  getting anything out of them at any point. Under Warburton and Caixinha, the team barely reached any standards at all. Just a couple of weeks ago, this group were amazing for 3 out of 4 halves against Braga and they played some great stuff in December in tricky away games. In the first half of the season, it looked like Gerrard had coached Jack to a level I didn’t think he could get to, Morelos was scoring every week and Barisic was unbelievable from October onwards.

I just don’t get how it’s been such a drastic turnaround. 

Imo, Morelos losing form and subsequent struggles because of that has led to a massive loss of form and confidence from others.

Morelos form in first half of season masked a lot of others poor performances.

Archived