I give you James Tavernier folks... Captain

falkirkNS

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if our 2 disastrous years at Dudai have anything to do with having such a poor captain? A skipper is like a petty officer in the navy or a sargeant major in the army obviously not an officer but if it's not the right man then everything will suffer

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Backs Captain Wank to the hilt and claims the club need to protect him. 
Don’t remember Gerrard backing Morelos to the hilt and. Paining the club need to protect him. 

No manager at any club can treat players different from others and expect everything to run smoothly.

Gerrard has fucked up here and other players in the squad must be shaking their heads.

The lack of backing for Morelos from our club in December and January now looks worse because of his comments this week.

Some players will look at him with disdain and rightly so.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm not sure typing something up, having it read over by an editor and allowing it to go to print is "heat of the moment"

Agreed.

And it’s not the fact it went to print, Tavernier actually said it.

Gerrard asking for protection is weird.

Tavernier is the captain not a 14 year old  boy. Should no longer be captain but Gerrard has made it clear he will continue to wear it no matter what.

Having to protect your captain....

These cunts need sat in front of a few hundred of us in a meeting and here us out in person. They clearly dont fucking get it.

As I have said before in this thread our captain has shat it and decided to go missing. Pathetic.

54 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Agreed.

Tavernier is the captain not a 14 year old  boy. Should no longer be captain but Gerrard has made it clear he will continue to wear it no matter what.

I did wonder what Stevie meant by that, needing protection ? The players ? Himself ? 

I read it earlier and thought it was just me who could not figure it out, so glad to see you highlighting it as well. 

Tav doesn’t have the leadership, kicking the arse up the team mentality, but to be fair to him, despite his costly mistakes, he has been a driving force in our team, who has been sadly missed when not available. I reckon if we had a proper ‘boot up the arse’ leader, he would thrive. 
I don’t think Tav is the problem, but the leadership burden on him is.

Great player, but needs a proper captain alongside him.

14 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Tav doesn’t have the leadership, kicking the arse up the team mentality, but to be fair to him, despite his costly mistakes, he has been a driving force in our team, who has been sadly missed when not available. I reckon if we had a proper ‘boot up the arse’ leader, he would thrive. 
I don’t think Tav is the problem, but the leadership burden on him is.

Great player, but needs a proper captain alongside him.

No chance .See you are all sneaking out from under the covers now 

By Saturday .Tav will be getting an ovation on 2 minutes 😀

From the usual suspects “ he gets it tighter than the rest 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Don't see anyone sticking up for him and rightly so. We all agree he isnt a captain and has been shite but there have been worse players who have contributed less who don't get it as tight.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Don't see anyone sticking up for him and rightly so. We all agree he isnt a captain and has been shite but there have been worse players who have contributed less who don't get it as tight.

Don’t agree but he a loser and worse that shite .I will never change my mind on that 

As long as he is Captain .We are winning nothing .And I’m starting to believe SG knows that .He surely can’t be that daft 

5 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I did wonder what Stevie meant by that, needing protection ? The players ? Himself ? 

I read it earlier and thought it was just me who could not figure it out, so glad to see you highlighting it as well. 

One think is for sure, they need protecting from themselves

TBH, it was a pretty snide comment for him to make.

He is now babbling too much for his own good, like he is trying to cover up shit by deflecting like fuck from himself and his chosen few.. 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He deserves the flack he gets, and rightly so. It wasn’t too long ago when Tav was injured, at the end of jan, people were blaming our performance, or lack of, on his absence. He’s a good player, who does have a mistake in his locker, but needs a proper ‘leader’ on the pitch to help him, hence why the armband shouldn’t be anywhere near him.

10 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

He deserves the flack he gets, and rightly so. It wasn’t too long ago when Tav was injured, at the end of jan, people were blaming our performance, or lack of, on his absence. He’s a good player, who does have a mistake in his locker, but needs a proper ‘leader’ on the pitch to help him, hence why the armband shouldn’t be anywhere near him.

Nonsense, he's simply spineless dug shite.

We've all played fitba at some level and I can't remember ever thinking, oh I need a leader to help me, like some sort of pussey. You just out there and get wired in. Well unless you are a pussey and the last thing you need on any football park is a pussey.

7 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Agreed.

Trying to see both side here. I agree that what you've said could be one side of the debate. The other side suggests Tav words of choice could have been a reflection of how he was feeling. He may be feeling depressed or out of his depth with wearing the arm band. As for Gerrard wanting the club  to protect the players more. I take that as proof reading articles before they go to print to make sure they don't come across as negative. 

I think Tav needs time out to concentrate on his football, giving the captaincy to a more mature, experienced player.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Nonsense, he's simply spineless dug shite.

We've all played fitba at some level and I can't remember ever thinking, oh I need a leader to help me, like some sort of pussey. You just out there and get wired in. Well unless you are a pussey and the last thing you need on any football park is a pussey.

Got ability yes, spineless, maybe.  So you’ve never been in a rut yourself on the pitch, or even some of your team mates, where you need a kick up the arse to get back in the zone. I’ve seen plenty players I’ve played with been in that situation, and they aren’t ‘pussys’.  Different situations take different effects, and leaders are there to get the teams heads focused.

Got to laugh at the RM pack - Tav gives an honest assessment and gets hounded for it - is they see the flaw they are working on the flaw but that concept is beyond many of the folks on here. 

33 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Got to laugh at the RM pack - Tav gives an honest assessment and gets hounded for it - is they see the flaw they are working on the flaw but that concept is beyond many of the folks on here. 

You can’t defend what he said in the programme, or the editor for allowing it to print.

Archived