Sign in to follow this  
falkirkNS

I give you James Tavernier folks... Captain

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No surprise you looking for fault and to belittle our players! 

Don’t need to look far for fault in our players. You need to dig deep to protect them. That’s the difference between you and me. 

ForeverAndEver likes this

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you’d prefer a captain who only gives honest assessments when things are going well? But being quiet when they are not? He should just trot out platitudes for us to lap up ? 

The shitebag should be next to gerrard for every press conference and definitely should have been in halidays place after Wednesday's shit show

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I think Derek Ferguson's opinion said it all. I think he would know a wee bit more than most about captaining Rangers through is wee brother. Don't you think? Tavernier was wrong and didn't put much thought into it. I guarantee you he is eating those words.

He should be eating the whole damn programme for this stupidity

I'm more annoyed that the editor allowed it to be published though. I would have been telling him to sort himself out, stop being a snivelling little mouse and get his backside into the dressing room to read the riot act on the players and to sort his own game out. 

bluenoz likes this

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Don’t need to look far for fault in our players. You need to dig deep to protect them. That’s the difference between you and me. 

What a fucking comeback, Sir! 

ForeverAndEver likes this

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you’d prefer a captain who only gives honest assessments when things are going well? But being quiet when they are not? He should just trot out platitudes for us to lap up ? 

His assessment was terrible mate. You don’t shit in the nest and that’s what he did. We’re already getting lambasted from all angles and all he did was give ammo to the everyone that hates us. Wrong decision on his part. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

His assessment was terrible mate. You don’t shit in the nest and that’s what he did. We’re already getting lambasted from all angles and all he did was give ammo to the everyone that hates us. Wrong decision on his part. 

This is the exact reason I have that happy clappy whelp on ignore. There are absolute lunatics on here who can't see the wood for the trees. What he did deserves a skelp to the jaw and 6 months wages handed back to the fans for the embarrassment he has caused us, but instead he will be patted on the back with a there there and a place tomorrow. Yet people here are telling us to back him. Jog on. BD is the pits. 

6 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

He should be eating the whole damn programme for this stupidity

I'm more annoyed that the editor allowed it to be published though. I would have been telling him to sort himself out, stop being a snivelling little mouse and get his backside into the dressing room to read the riot act on the players and to sort his own game out. 

You know, the more I think about it, you are right. This should never have gone to print. Players get paid to play football, not to think. Editors or the board should oversee the clubs news before issuing. Or dare I say, even Jim Traynor should have stopped this?

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You know, the more I think about it, you are right. This should never have gone to print. Players get paid to play football, not to think. Editors or the board should oversee the clubs news before issuing. Or dare I say, even Jim Traynor should have stopped this?

Think Gerrard's statement was a bit of a shot across Traynor's bows. He was basically saying the media 'team' weren't doing their jobs properly.

There's obviously the other side of the coin that says Gerrard isn't doing his job properly if his captain comes out and says shit like that in the first place though.

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Think Gerrard's statement was a bit of a shot across Traynor's bows. He was basically saying the media 'team' weren't doing their jobs properly.

There's obviously the other side of the coin that says Gerrard isn't doing his job properly if his captain comes out and says shit like that in the first place though.

Players have too much freedom of speech these days mate especially on social media. That would never have been tolerated under Struth, Wallace or Smith. Sometimes I think Gerrard is too soon removed from playing the game to properly see things like that.

theblueoysterbar likes this

31 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

This is the exact reason I have that happy clappy whelp on ignore. There are absolute lunatics on here who can't see the wood for the trees. What he did deserves a skelp to the jaw and 6 months wages handed back to the fans for the embarrassment he has caused us, but instead he will be patted on the back with a there there and a place tomorrow. Yet people here are telling us to back him. Jog on. BD is the pits. 

You on my side here?  

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Players have too much freedom of speech these days mate especially on social media. That would never have been tolerated under Struth, Wallace or Smith. Sometimes I think Gerrard is too soon removed from playing the game to properly see things like that.

See to go to a step further, Gerrard sends a minion to say to Traynor, "The gaffer wants to see the programme before it's sent to the printers."

But he'd never do that. Wallace and Smith probably would have in the middle of this fucking circus mate.

bluenoz likes this

26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That’s part of the problem, the ability to play football doesn’t necessarily mean that brains are included, and more often than not they are missing big time. For every intelligent articulate player like Lampard or the likes of Neil Mcann you get 20 cunts that would struggle to count to ten without their agents help. I remember Harry redknapp telling a story of a player he’d sold to a team up north (wouldn’t divulge the team or player) his agent set up a house etc for him and one day got a phone call from him saying there’s a guy at his door and he’s not answering it, the agent explained it was a gardener who he’d sorted for him so just talk to them and the player demanded that he phone him to get him to leave rather than just answering the fucking door. Cunts are literally living on another planet than the rest of us 

bluenoz likes this

7 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Goldson and Tav tomorrow I bet. 

Who else plays ? Seriously? 
when Tav was missing recently everycunt see how much he was missed. Aye he’s made mistakes, but he’s definitely not as bad as the abuse he takes. I get that he’s not everyone’s idea of what a captain but I personally can’t call him a coward like the majority of that team. He’s no maldini by no stretch but he never hides and gives his all every game whether that’s good enough for us is another question but at present he’s the best in that position we have, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Who would you start instead of our current available squad? 

Well I would play Goldson but I would go back to young Patterson. It would be shocked if it happened.

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Who would you start instead of our current available squad? 

Matt polster came in from nowhere and had 2 or 3 decent games imo, probably stood our as our best player for them first couple games back in Jan,  dropped right back out the squad and cant make the fucking 18.

Gerrard cant justify that.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Matt polster came in from nowhere and had 2 or 3 decent games imo, probably stood our as our best player for them first couple games back in Jan,  dropped right back out the squad and cant make the fucking 18.

Gerrard cant justify that.

I agree in the limited games he’s played I like him, he looks decent, he wasn’t just left out though he’s injured mate. No idea why he wasn’t given a chance before though. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Well I would play Goldson but I would go back to young Patterson. It would be shocked if it happened.

He looks a seriously good prospect mate but is he ready for our first team. What he might be granted in mistakes or finding his feet elsewhere won’t be granted here. You and I both know it, these current players are not struggling due to lack of ability it’s the fact they can’t handle the pressure of going for the title, is it fair to throw the young lad into the current shambles? 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Unfortunately we’ve literally no other option than goldson until Helander is back up to speed 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

He looks a seriously good prospect mate but is he ready for our first team. What he might be granted in mistakes or finding his feet elsewhere won’t be granted here. You and I both know it, these current players are not struggling due to lack of ability it’s the fact they can’t handle the pressure of going for the title, is it fair to throw the young lad into the current shambles? 

We are 16 points behind mate. Why not? Save some of our senior players for Thursday. Like I said, it won't happen. Gerrard really needs three points in a few hours time.

1690tamRFC likes this

Just now, bluenoz said:

We are 16 points behind mate. Why not? Save some of our senior players for Thursday. Like I said, it won't happen. Gerrard really needs three points in a few hours time.

I get that mate honestly and a big part of me agrees. I just wouldn’t want him to make a mistake and get hounded for it 

bluenoz likes this

5 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I get that mate honestly and a big part of me agrees. I just wouldn’t want him to make a mistake and get hounded for it 

He's already made plenty...be interesting to see him change the habit.