Gaffers reaction

mrmojorisin

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not speaking for him, but as someone else who wants to keep Gerrard for me the bit about will to allow us failing for years is bollocks.

I think he's shown enough to deserve our loyalty but that doesn't mean unconditional loyalty no matter what happens.

He now needs to show he can get these players to overcome whatever the fuck is going on inside that dressing room and if there's no signs by the end of the season he's done that I'm not sure he can survive that.

Next season he needs to win the league.

Out of curiosity what has he shown to deserve our loyalty

He's never won a trophy as a manager, so theres no indication that he knows how to do it 

He's vwry stubborn in hos way of setting up the team no matter who we play

He continually plays certain guys no matter what while others are vilified 

That last part is quite possibly the worst part of him and probably the part that deserves no loyalty to him as he only picks and chooses when to show his, you just know that goldson will start on Sunday no matter what, when any other centre half gets binned for that mistake 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

For those that are still firmly on the "keep Gerrard" train, what will it take to get you off it? How does it get any lower than being put out the cup convincingly and losing at home to the worst two teams in the league in the space of 4 days?

At the moment I think he deserves next season.

If we're hammered four and five nil by the scum the way we were after the 3-2 defeat under Murty then I don't think I could continue to support him.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If we're hammered four and five nil by the scum the way we were after the 3-2 defeat under Murty then I don't think I could continue to support him.

Agreed. He has to have the summer and start next season. 

Changing the  manger gets us nowhere right now. 

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not speaking for him, but as someone else who wants to keep Gerrard for me the bit about will to allow us failing for years is bollocks.

I think he's shown enough to deserve our loyalty but that doesn't mean unconditional loyalty no matter what happens.

He now needs to show he can get these players to overcome whatever the fuck is going on inside that dressing room and if there's no signs by the end of the season he's done that I'm not sure he can survive that.

Next season he needs to win the league.

No gonna ask.u any more questions as u answered what I would ask anyways , so say he wins half our games till end of season and that will be lucky at this rate imo

would u still keep him?

I tell you right now i didnt feel as bad when the clearly better tarrier side were humping us as i do after Saturdays game and last night 

17 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

For those that are still firmly on the "keep Gerrard" train, what will it take to get you off it? How does it get any lower than being put out the cup convincingly and losing at home to the worst two teams in the league in the space of 4 days?

I’m not firmly in any camp, we’re in a  horrible place that a couple of months ago none of us dreamed we’d be. This is a confidence thing and I don’t think Gerrard has the skill to re instill it in the team.  I’ve no idea who we’d bring in who could manage these players better.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Out of curiosity what has he shown to deserve our loyalty

He's never won a trophy as a manager, so theres no indication that he knows how to do it 

He's vwry stubborn in hos way of setting up the team no matter who we play

He continually plays certain guys no matter what while others are vilified 

That last part is quite possibly the worst part of him and probably the part that deserves no loyalty to him as he only picks and chooses when to show his, you just know that goldson will start on Sunday no matter what, when any other centre half gets binned for that mistake 

A few things.

When we've been good over both years we've been unbelievably good. Arguably the best football since Advocaat. Against the scum and in Europe which should be the two most 'difficult' things to get right. This is the most important reason.

As a man he exemplifies everything I want to see in a Rangers manager. 

He's been loyal to us. I feel he gets us and the club. The celebration in the scum game alone is enough to make me want to go into battle for him.

The ingredients are there for him to both be a very good manager and to be hugely successful here.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

A few things.

When we've been good over both years we've been unbelievably good. Arguably the best football since Advocaat. Against the scum and in Europe which should be the two most 'difficult' things to get right. This is the most important reason.

He's been loyal to us. I feel he gets us and the club. The celebration in the scum game alone is enough to make me want to go into battle for him.

The ingredients are there for him to both be a very good manager and to be hugely successful here.

Too sensible mate. 

Bigger picture is that Gerrard will stay and get this right next season. I have faith. 

The thought of the prospect of the usual rent a manager types who with would  be put forward for the role fills me with dread. 

He stays, he works things out, changes personnel in the summer and we kick on. 

1 minute ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Too sensible mate. 

Bigger picture is that Gerrard will stay and get this right next season. I have faith. 

The thought of the prospect of the usual rent a manager types who with would  be put forward for the role fills me with dread. 

To even get to the end of the season though mate he's going to have to somehow turn this around quickly as you can see the support for him on here at least is more or less gone.

That Gerrard stay or go poll wouldn't be 9 to 1 in his favour if it was done this week like it was before.

A few things.

Dont you think we all celebrated the scum game like he did, doesnt mean any of us could manage Rangers 

As for exemplifying everything in a Rangers manager, like what, a few soundbites isnt a Rangers manager, a Rangers manager is ruthless with the shite in the squad, gerrard isnt, if tav is fit for sunday you can guarantee him and goldson will both start, 

A Rangers manager would have murdered half that mob on sat night, the other half on sunday morning, gerrard fucked off and left them for 48hrs

Too sensible mate. 

We kick on, holy fuck thats almost mark warburton nonsense right there

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

To even get to the end of the season though mate he's going to have to somehow turn this around quickly as you can see the support for him on here at least is more or less gone.

That Gerrard stay or go poll wouldn't be 9 to 1 in his favour if it was done this week like it was before.

Oh, absolutely mate. We need an upturn. That goes without saying. 

SG will be hurting like fuck. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded. I am sure he will work night and day to get things improving. He continues to get my backing right now. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dont you think we all celebrated the scum game like he did, doesnt mean any of us could manage Rangers 

As for exemplifying everything in a Rangers manager, like what, a few soundbites isnt a Rangers manager, a Rangers manager is ruthless with the shite in the squad, gerrard isnt, if tav is fit for sunday you can guarantee him and goldson will both start, 

A Rangers manager would have murdered half that mob on sat night, the other half on sunday morning, gerrard fucked off and left them for 48hrs

What else do we do? We have to fight on. 

The "get him tae fuck" mob have no alternative solution or plan. Just get him tae fuck..... and then what??? What changes?? 

To an extent I feel a bit sorry for him, you just can’t legislate for professional players defending like that.

Pittodrie - 2 shocking goals to give away

Rugby Park - 1st shouldnt have counted but poor defending, 2nd is schoolboy.

McDiarmid Park - 2 awful goals again.

Tynecastle - 2 poor goals in the league and awful goal in the cup.

Again last night you wouldn’t see that down the pitches on a Sunday morning. 

Facts are decent teams dont lose goals like that, if you lost two of any of the above goals in a season you’d be going mental. To lose 10 of them is unforgivable, buck stops at the manager as he signed all the centre halves.

Two common denominators is Tav and Goldson, if he’s our manager next season and he doesn’t show these two the door then he won’t last until Halloween.

@Laudrupsleftfoot @MoodyBlue1872 All well and good listening his positives but you can't continue to bury your head in the sand at the obvious failure to learn & improve from his mistakes! His stubbornness, like Warburton, is costing us too much! If he can't get this right he will never win a thing at Rangers! 

What else do we do? We have to fight on. 

The "get him tae fuck" mob have no alternative solution or plan. Just get him tae fuck..... and then what??? What changes?? 

Thats what ross Wilson is hired for, but i have absolutely no doubt that a ruthless manager would get more out of this squad, and probably mend the split in the camp as well

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

@Laudrupsleftfoot @MoodyBlue1872 All well and good listening his positives but you can't continue to bury your head in the sand at the obvious failure to learn & improve from his mistakes! His stubbornness, like Warburton, is costing us too much! If he can't get this right he will never win a thing at Rangers! 

The chances we missed last night simply cannot be blamed on Gerrard. 

The players are letting him down - and we are having no luck in front of goal. 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

To an extent I feel a bit sorry for him, you just can’t legislate for professional players defending like that.

Pittodrie - 2 shocking goals to give away

Rugby Park - 1st shouldnt have counted but poor defending, 2nd is schoolboy.

McDiarmid Park - 2 awful goals again.

Tynecastle - 2 poor goals in the league and awful goal in the cup.

Again last night you wouldn’t see that down the pitches on a Sunday morning. 

Facts are decent teams dont lose goals like that, if you lost two of any of the above goals in a season you’d be going mental. To lose 10 of them is unforgivable, buck stops at the manager as he signed all the centre halves.

Two common denominators is Tav and Goldson, if he’s our manager next season and he doesn’t show these two the door then he won’t last until Halloween.

How can't you legislate for it? The warning signs have been there for weeks and he's continued to play tav & Goldson! 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As for exemplifying everything in a Rangers manager, like what, a few soundbites isnt a Rangers manager, a Rangers manager is ruthless with the shite in the squad, gerrard isnt, if tav is fit for sunday you can guarantee him and goldson will both start

Mate for fuck sake if he's going to drop everyone who is culpable then every one of the cunts need dropped other than, possibly, Barisic and even then I'm reaching.

For now he needs to find a way to get them out of this. If it carries on for the rest of the season including maulings against the scum he won't come close to even getting next season to fix it. If he gets them out of this he then needs to find new players right through the spine of the team. 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

How can't you legislate for it? The warning signs have been there for weeks and he's continued to play tav & Goldson! 

Tav had a great big warning sign above him when kiernan absolutely slaughtered him at ibrox in an OF game after he didnt track sinclair who scored the winner

He's the worst top flight captain and worst top flight right back ive seen in 38 years

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its his players, its his setup, its his formation 

Its his fault 

Up until 29th Dec things were great. 

This blip is hugely concerning. But I simply don't believe getting rid of the manager solves anything right now. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate for fuck sake if he's going to drop everyone who is culpable then every one of the cunts need dropped other than, possibly, Barisic and even then I'm reaching.

For now he needs to find a way to get them out of this. If it carries on for the rest of the season including maulings against the scum he won't come close to even getting next season to fix it. If he gets them out of this he then needs to find new players right through the spine of the team. 

Did you defend katic like this after the st johnstone game

Did you defend edmunson like this after the hamilton away game 

Did you defend kamara after the tynecastle league game? 

The chances we missed last night simply cannot be blamed on Gerrard. 

The players are letting him down - and we are having no luck in front of goal. 

Again, keep burying your head! Gerrard can do no wrong! Same personnel, same tactics, plan b is to do plan a better etc All the while, every club we face knows exactly how we're setting up. We're becoming an easy target. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did you defend katic like this after the st johnstone game

Did you defend edmunson like this after the hamilton away game 

Did you defend kamara after the tynecastle league game? 

No one is defending any mistakes. We are not blind. We see what is happening. 

Archived