*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

OceanRain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the run we have been on I'm pleased with the 3 points.

Kent looked for the ball all afternoon and got his reward. 

Jones looked very lively when he came on.

Overall another hard watch but it's 3 points and I would have taken them in anyway before the match. Onto Thursday now.

16 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

You have to remember that Davis is now the fallback hate figure on here wi some, matter how well he plays.....take him out, who do we have in that role?

Whenever the ball goes to Davis you know the move will end while he takes his time to think about what to do with the ball before passing it backwards or to an opponent.  Also Davis can't tackle well enough to be a defensive midfielder.  He can run alongside the opposition players until he tires and passes him onto someone else.

We have so many better options for the midfield.  I would even play any of our youth players ahead of Davis now.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Whenever the ball goes to Davis you know the move will end while he takes his time to think about what to do with the ball before passing it backwards or to an opponent.  Also Davis can't tackle well enough to be a defensive midfielder.  He can run alongside the opposition players until he tires and passes him onto someone else.

We have so many better options for the midfield.  I would even play any of our youth players ahead of Davis now.

That's nonsense,what game were you watching the day? Who was it who was spraying the ball about the park in the 1st half? Who was it that was up beside Hagi on more that one occasion today. Fans complain when he dinks or plays a long ball over the top and they complain when he plays passes to keep possession,can't win.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Might be going against consensus but thought Polster did well other than a few poor crosses. Needs match sharpness clearly. Thought Barisic was poorer.

Morelos, Kent (bar 10 min spell), Hagi and Davis were awful.

Shagger worth points to us today.

Can't agree with you here mate.

Polster started ok from a showing energy and desire point of view but he had no quality, offered nothing going forward and was skinned more than once.

Barisic one of our better players for me.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He started 5 of our first 11 games mate. Two were against East Fife and St Josephs. He was not a starter for most games at all.

Ojo and Arfield were being selected ahead of him.  It was similar to Defoe, Jones was first choice back up and started some games due to rotation. Defoe had 6/12 starts.

Yea, he didn't start well, then started to get pick more as his game improved.

A wins a win at the end of the day. We have to get the ball rolling domestically at some point and we aren't going to just start beating teams 4/5-0 again randomly.

I want to see us put a run of results against the teams outside celtic before the end of the season to build up a bit of trust again. If we continue in this form I don't know how big changes can be avoided.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

That's nonsense,what game were you watching the day? Who was it who was spraying the ball about the park in the 1st half? Who was it that was up beside Hagi on more that one occasion today. Fans complain when he dinks or plays a long ball over the top and they complain when he plays passes to keep possession,can't win.

Most of his passes are either misplaced or short and he always takes 3/4 touches before releasing the pass to slow everything down.  He nearly caused us to concede at one point when he misplaced a forward pass and Ross County were able to hit us on the counter.

He's a huge liability right now.  We need quicker passing and fast movement to break through defences and everything is slow and ponderous with Davis.

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Didn't watch the game but hardly the most exciting result to look at 

It was the same game we’ve been watching since the winter break. Shuffling the ball side to side, lump it into the box. No one taking responsibility, no invention. Only difference today was we got a lucky deflected goal. We are fucking rotten and it’s grim viewing. 

Didn't see the game today...... first match I've missed all season....... but I am just relieved to get the three points.

I understand Alan McGregor got mom but who was out best outfield player/s?

Archived