*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

OceanRain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-4-2 with Stewart and Halliday up front, Jones and Barker on the wings. A real SPFL barnstormer for the ages.

On a serious note, we'll probably get pumped. A trip to freezing windy Dingwall on a Saturday afternoon will seem like community service to our squad of Euro stars 

On 05/03/2020 at 12:02, Craiggybear said:

TEAM STATS:

Last 5 league games. 

SUMMARY Both teams on almost identical inconsistent form but Rangers marginally better on goals (if you can believe it) . County will be spurred on by the Hearts and Hamilton results.... But they were absolutely skull-fucked by Motherwell in their last game. Also got pumped of Hibs a few weekends ago. 

Tough away game but think we'll edge it. 

Ross County: W L D W L (7 points, 5 goals for, 9 against) 

v motherwell (lost 4-1)

v Aberdeen (won 2-1)

v St Johnstone (draw 1-1)

v Hibernian (lost 3-0)

V Livingstone (won 2-0)

Rangers: W L W D L (7 points, 6 goals for, 5 against) 

v Hamilton (lost 1-0)

v St Johnstone (draw 2-2)

v Livingstone (won 1-0)

v Kilmarnock (lost 2-1)

v Hibernian (won 2-1)

Good In depth post :tu:

17 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Would like to see a few changes on Sunday and a bit more pace added to the team so I know this won't be popular but here goes:

McGregor 

Patterson      Katic      edmundson    Barisic

Polster            Jack

Hagi

Ojo                                                                     Kent

Morelos

I feel hagi has the vision to hopefully get more out of ojo with balls in behind and between the lines, also giving us a fast paced attack when breaking. As much as Kent has been disappointing he's still our main driving force in terms of picking the ball up and running with it. I've picked Polster for a bit more in terms of tackling and the fact the rest of our midfielders are just plain shite. Give Jack or mcgregor the armband. 

Ojo?

Really, if we have any prospects we should be getting them game time and looking to promote as part of a rebuild.

Patterson, King etc, could even argue that Ro now McCrorie could get game time with us and not Livi.

Meaningless game. I’d have the core of the ream nowhere near it ahead of Thursday.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Really, if we have any prospects we should be getting them game time and looking to promote as part of a rebuild.

Patterson, King etc, could even argue that Ro now McCrorie could get game time with us and not Livi.

Meaningless game. I’d have the core of the ream nowhere near it ahead of Thursday.

Would have Kennedy and Patterson in there, if king is as good as they say then why the fuck not

43 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Would have Kennedy and Patterson in there, if king is as good as they say then why the fuck not

Mate the boy King is meant to be excellent potential but I've not heard anyone discuss him being near 1st team ready. Hes only just turned 16, its days after signing as a professional, and hes been play Under 18s.

I know we're desperate, but there needs to be a bit of perspective too.

20 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Even if we win 3-0 there’s nothing left to look forward too in domestic games until the old firm and playing the sheep, hibs or hearts.

its disgusting that we capitulated half way through the season. 

Maybe the opposition will capitulate late in the season. Nothing is yet certain. Not giving up is exactly the mentality this team needs.

Front 5 told to press and attack the box, constantly changing positions, interchange 

Halliday acts as a Holding midfielder, when RB/LB go up he slots in the back line. 4132, defensive 5 3 2 attacking 3 5 2

McGregor

Polster    Katic  Helander Barisic

Halliday

Aribo     Hagi     Jack(if fit) or Kamara

Kemberi                                      Defoe

Archived