Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OceanRain

*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

I'd struggle to give pass marks to any of them in the first half. Another opening 45 of utter shite which is worryingly becoming the norm for us these days. 

Outwith his goal, I'd say Kent upped his game in the second half. He stayed a bit wider on our right hand side which opened up the game a little bit more for us as we had a quick outball which we sevey lacked in the first half. He's frustratingly inconsistent at times, but there's no denying his hunger to get on the ball and at least try and make something happen, whether it comes off often enough is a different story. For the first time in weeks though I actually felt as if a goal was coming for us in the 5or so mins before we scored and that was mainly down to Kent.

The other big impact was the introduction of Kamberi. He's all action and his first influence on the game before he'd even touched the ball. Chasing down a long aimless pass that was destined to be a goal kick but ended up with us getting a corner. He's showed more hunger and enthusiasm in his cameo today than Morelos has in weeks. Constant movement along the front line giving our defenders and midfield someone to hit made a huge difference imo. 

I thought Aribo was decent.

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

When we went to essentially 442 and put midfielders out wide it threw county off their defensive game, all of a sudden players that they were marking in first half werent where they were supposed to be, so it dragged them out of position, 

Did we really have a 2 upfront? Really?

Morelos was often anywhere but upfront, at no time did I get the impression any 2 upfront were working as a pair.

A couple of times there were 2 strikers in the box, but that was the same when w played Kamberi on the left in previous games.

Felt Kamberi drove from midfield rather than being a forward in a pair. Today to me seemed by and large a 4231, not sure I'd say 442 played a significant part in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did we really have a 2 upfront? Really?

Morelos was often anywhere but upfront, at no time did I get the impression any 2 upfront were working as a pair.

A couple of times there were 2 strikers in the box, but that was the same when w played Kamberi on the left in previous games.

Felt Kamberi drove from midfield rather than being a forward in a pair. Today to me seemed by and large a 4231, not sure I'd say 442 played a significant part in the game.

The point is that there are two strikers now to force the defence into looking after, if morelos drops deeper, or kamberi runs from the middle to join the attack its still an extra body in there that forces county to pick up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did we really have a 2 upfront? Really?

Morelos was often anywhere but upfront, at no time did I get the impression any 2 upfront were working as a pair.

A couple of times there were 2 strikers in the box, but that was the same when w played Kamberi on the left in previous games.

Felt Kamberi drove from midfield rather than being a forward in a pair. Today to me seemed by and large a 4231, not sure I'd say 442 played a significant part in the game.

Watch the goal again mate, morelos lays it off to kamberi who gives it to kent, by the time kent cuts inside theres 3 defenders and two strikers in the box, they dont go out to kent quick enough because they are more focused on the two in the box and the other Rangers player on the edge of the box

That extra man up there pushed county back just enough for us to get up there 

Its not fullproof, its not a guarantee, but its a change of what we do and county couldnt adjust to it, same in the st johnstone game when we did it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I’m buzzing now for next 2 games .Been in Argentina last few weeks .I’m am dying to get back to Ibrox and winning big games .
Let’s get our positivity back .Even if it’s hard at the minute .Nothing better than being back home and watching the Gers 

Noticed on Facebook last night a mate of mine in over in Argentina to catch a few games too ,he’s a bit like that goes to a lot of foreign games ,he’s right bitter sheep shaggin cunt though ,he’s went to Egypt and  Morocco recently for big games ,think it’s his way of trying to say that there are bigger Derby’s outside his own country to be fair .

Aye we need the positivity back and these 3 games can do that ,I don’t think the players are much different from us they will be feeling it too ,they know they have missed a trick and fucked it up ,It’s a hard watch just now but it won’t be much fun playing either 

Settle for a good draw Thursday and hump the overhyped tarriers on Sunday and a better draw following Thursday to keep the season going 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Watch the goal again mate, morelos lays it off to kamberi who gives it to kent, by the time kent cuts inside theres 3 defenders and two strikers in the box, they dont go out to kent quick enough because they are more focused on the two in the box and the other Rangers player on the edge of the box

That extra man up there pushed county back just enough for us to get up there 

Its not fullproof, its not a guarantee, but its a change of what we do and county couldnt adjust to it, same in the st johnstone game when we did it

We did it, got the goal and then 10 minutes later he subs Morelos for Katic and trys to see it out again even though its bitten us on the arse multiple times already this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

We did it, got the goal and then 10 minutes later he subs Morelos for Katic and trys to see it out again even though its bitten us on the arse multiple times already this season. 

Least its a defender, a spare man at the back if you will to sweep up, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smile said:

When Kamberi chased the keeper and won the ball, how did the Ref buy the he's been kicked nonsense so Kamberi could not take the quick corner.

That summed up these bastard cheats. Free kick to Rangers and a yellow card to the keeper.

Can you imagine if that was Alan McGregor? No fucking way the ref would have stood and allowed that. 

The SFA employees are corrupt to the core.

Smile likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The point is that there are two strikers now to force the defence into looking after, if morelos drops deeper, or kamberi runs from the middle to join the attack its still an extra body in there that forces county to pick up

Still 2 strikers if its 433 with Kamberi left.

It's about what they do to increase tempo, be direct, create opportunities as it is about the formation etc.

It's about the players imo more than the formation.

Blumhoilann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Watch the goal again mate, morelos lays it off to kamberi who gives it to kent, by the time kent cuts inside theres 3 defenders and two strikers in the box, they dont go out to kent quick enough because they are more focused on the two in the box and the other Rangers player on the edge of the box

That extra man up there pushed county back just enough for us to get up there 

Its not fullproof, its not a guarantee, but its a change of what we do and county couldnt adjust to it, same in the st johnstone game when we did it

I'll watch again with this in mind in the morning.

But I'll highlight for now that the only goal came from a wide player cutting inside and having a go, which is a key component of our current system.  A flawed system since january it's been said repeatedly.

So maybe it's as much about the players not doing what was by and largely successful until the turn of the year, yet when they do it properly it works. Who knows 😁.

Im sure well discuss more in the morning mate 😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Noticed on Facebook last night a mate of mine in over in Argentina to catch a few games too ,he’s a bit like that goes to a lot of foreign games ,he’s right bitter sheep shaggin cunt though ,he’s went to Egypt and  Morocco recently for big games ,think it’s his way of trying to say that there are bigger Derby’s outside his own country to be fair .

Aye we need the positivity back and these 3 games can do that ,I don’t think the players are much different from us they will be feeling it too ,they know they have missed a trick and fucked it up ,It’s a hard watch just now but it won’t be much fun playing either 

Settle for a good draw Thursday and hump the overhyped tarriers on Sunday and a better draw following Thursday to keep the season going 

This week's OF is absolutely vital mate . We can not lose this game . We have to keep winning and clearly make it difficult for the authorities to award them the title , if  the virus get's  the football cancelled . If it becomes a procession , it makes it much easier 

Win our games , see where it take us . Just avoiding defeat on Thursday would be ok . We play better away from home in Europe anyway it seems 

magic8ball likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

This week's OF is absolutely vital mate . We can not lose this game . We have to keep winning and clearly make it difficult for the authorities to award them the title , if  the virus get's  the football cancelled . If it becomes a procession , it makes it much easier 

Win our games , see where it take us . Just avoiding defeat on Thursday would be ok . We play better away from home in Europe anyway it seems 

We're planning to play the kids mate as results dont matter. 

You weren't here for the vote on it unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're planning to play the kids mate as results dont matter. 

You weren't here for the vote on it unfortunately.

I missed a lot over last few weeks mate . Apologies 

I hope our club are massively up for this week , It is absolutely defining  for me . We have been at our lowest, these past 2 weeks . A good team reacts and this is the week, we had better react . No prisoners and definitely no passengers . So for me Alfredo doesn't start any of these games. 

A lot may disagree , even be surprised I'm saying this . Tav comes back in for his last chance in my eyes . If he wan't to be a leader . Let's see him in these 2 vital fixtures .

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That summed up these bastard cheats. Free kick to Rangers and a yellow card to the keeper.

Can you imagine if that was Alan McGregor? No fucking way the ref would have stood and allowed that. 

The SFA employees are corrupt to the core.

Yes, it's sickening the way the keeper sprung up after it as well once he knew he had got the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Watch the goal again mate, morelos lays it off to kamberi who gives it to kent, by the time kent cuts inside theres 3 defenders and two strikers in the box, they dont go out to kent quick enough because they are more focused on the two in the box and the other Rangers player on the edge of the box

That extra man up there pushed county back just enough for us to get up there 

Its not fullproof, its not a guarantee, but its a change of what we do and county couldnt adjust to it, same in the st johnstone game when we did it

Watched the goal again. 

The ball is moved wide to Kent who is in acres. Wisely he chooses to come inside not hit the byeline. He skins the left back and approaching midfielder as he moves inside. The defender who approaches him is too late to make the block.  He wasn't too interested with a forward and therefore slow to come out, there were still others marking Morelos, Kamberi and Jones. The player you say was concerned with other forwards who comes out at no time even looks at other players in the box. In fact there were 7 outfield RC players in their box as we scored.

The goal was about Kent's starting position, him being found faster, him taking a shot after beating a couple of men and a fortunate deflection. For me Jones and Kamberi brought energy and tempo that encouraged directness.  That was more influential than the formation you're trying to suggest as 442 being the difference.

 

magic8ball likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

We did it, got the goal and then 10 minutes later he subs Morelos for Katic and trys to see it out again even though its bitten us on the arse multiple times already this season. 

I thought it was the right thing to do.  Morelos was fucking pish anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

I thought it was the right thing to do.  Morelos was fucking pish anyway.

He was pish against st johnstone but taking him off to protect a 1 goal lead never worked, if we are clinging on to a game then by all means throw an extra defender on but when we are under virtually no pressure and then you make that sub it just invites it back on to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cutting through all the shite, this was just another shit show, that was given a spark of life when Jones and Kamberi came on.

We got lucky and McGregor again saved us from total humiliation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cutting through all the shite, this was just another shit show, that was given a spark of life when Jones and Kamberi came on.

We got lucky and McGregor again saved us from total humiliation.

Have to say when Kent was put out or went out wide right he looked the business.  Gerrard was about to take him off primarily for being anonymous.  We may have struck it lucky, Kent out wide right, Jones and Kamberi on the park.  I'd like to see a bit more of this against celtic especially.

Blue Avenger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...