*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

OceanRain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would start Patterson seeing as Tavernier is out and Polster is just coming back from injury. 

Can't see Goldson being dropped but Katic could come in. Helander to maybe make an appearance from the bench.

Barisic has been disappointing lately and needs to get his finger out but he still starts before Haliday.

Davis needs to be dropped especially for league games. A hundred chips into the box to nobody has been his contribution since the new year.  I'd go with Jack, Aribo and Hagi in midfield with Kent, Morelos and Kamberi up front.

Some youth players on the bench to blood them ready for next year. 

Finding it hard to be up for this but come kick off will be going mental wanting the win as usual. 

We lose or draw it’s no surprise, We scrape by it’s no surprise, we win by 2 or 3 it’s almost a slap in the face.

Cant remember a game for a long while which means next to fuck all. Even Wednesday there was a sliver of hope but they managed to fuck that too 

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate the boy King is meant to be excellent potential but I've not heard anyone discuss him being near 1st team ready. Hes only just turned 16, its days after signing as a professional, and hes been play Under 18s.

I know we're desperate, but there needs to be a bit of perspective too.

Just looking for some light at the end of this pish 😂 agree though, can’t just chuck the boy in 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Just looking for some light at the end of this pish 😂 agree though, can’t just chuck the boy in 

Honestly why not? Cant chuck him in expecting the finished article but surely 8 (that's how many games are left I think outwith the old firms) first team matches will do them good in the long run?

That goes for any player in the reserves/youth btw who is knocking on the door, we've got nothing to play for in the league so playing players who either dont give a fuck or wont be here next season is pointless 

Give some of the youngsters a go, if they fall flat on their face then so what, its experience for them which they'll take into next season & we'll have a better idea of what they need to develop before being ready for the 1st team

This whole waiting on a player being the finished article before moving them up is nuts, that's why we've not brung many through over the years. Even 16/17/18 year olds down south get a chance with the 1st team at some point

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Honestly why not? Cant chuck him in expecting the finished article but surely 8 (that's how many games are left I think outwith the old firms) first team matches will do them good in the long run?

That goes for any player in the reserves/youth btw who is knocking on the door, we've got nothing to play for in the league so playing players who either dont give a fuck or wont be here next season is pointless 

Give some of the youngsters a go, if they fall flat on their face then so what, its experience for them which they'll take into next season & we'll have a better idea of what they need to develop before being ready for the 1st team

This whole waiting on a player being the finished article before moving them up is nuts, that's why we've not brung many through over the years. Even 16/17/18 year olds down south get a chance with the 1st team at some point

I probably wouldn’t be starting him but maybe the odd 15-20 mins here and there just to give him a taste. A couple of the older ones I’d definitely be tempted to throw in 

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Who has he played against and what makes you think he's remotely ready for 1st team exposure? Has he even trained regularly with 1st team and got an idea of the intensity of pro football?

If kids were introduced and played in a team doing ok, a normal Rangers team, then we'd know what they were like / lacking. If we play a team of kids that aren't ready we run the risk of harming their development, injury etc.

I've no issues Patterson, Kennedy perhaps Mebude as they've been with the 1st team squad this season. 

But not a free for all. I actually wonder if folk suggesting this or saying they dont care about remaining results are actually welcoming defeats to increase the case against Gerrard rather than supporting the opportunity for youths.

Morelos not on the bus when it arrived in  Inverness today. 

Is his girlfriend ready for having the baby or something more worrying? 

No sign of Tav either although perhaps the injury from Wednesday night is keeping him out. 

On 05/03/2020 at 22:57, SkylineBlue said:

You must have just become a Rangers supporter, mate. Welcome. Prepare to have your wee heart broken alongside your prediction.

Been one for 42 years mate and have seen good, bad and indifferent so my heart will be fine regardless of the result, thanks 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

No sign of Tav either although perhaps the injury from Wednesday night is keeping him out. 

Tav was injured so maybe not travelled.

15 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Rumour or what mate?

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Think it’ll be pretty toxic tomorrow if am honest. Stands are extremely close to the pitch and I can see a player or two totally fracturing their relationships with the fans tomorrow. 

Can't see it, in fact you will probably see the same idiots jumping over the hoardings to celebrate with the players.

Archived