A split in the squad

No whatsapp rumours, not "i know a cunt who walks his dug near the training ground" just my observations

The squad is split, but it has been simmering for a while, perhaps something kicked off in dubai or not but i have a feeling this has been brewing for a lot longer and it comes down to the ones that can do no wrong and the others who cannot do right 

It isn't amateur football, where players get leeway compared to others, 

We are a professional football team and we should be treating the players the same in the squad, and that clearly ain't happening 

Look at kamaras face tonight when he was subbed, did he do worse than most around him, doubt it, yet davis gets another 90mins while kamara probably isn't seen again for weeks

Flanagan hooked at HT at tynecastle, never seen again even in matchday squads, tav costs us again but plays week in week out, 

Katic, fuck me the poor guy has been under more buses than a mechanic, will goldson be treated the same, thats twice since winter break goldson has cost ua points, katic doesnt even have that record 

Aribo, jones, ojo all at times or always in regards to jones, thrown under a bus when playing shite, gerrard played arfield even when he was having off field issues

Imo there is a split, and its been coming for a while, winning keeps it at bay, now we arent winning the cracks in the squad are showing

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

How many groups are there, and who is in each group? 

Go to cafe Parma in hyndland any day of the week and you’ll find McGregor, Goldson, wes, Halliday, Davis etc all having a laugh together. That’s only one faction. 

what happened to the days of a team that drinks together wins together!!!!????

I think it's more to do with those who know what its all about up here, who know that 2nd is nothing, against those who talk the talk but dont walk the walk.

I'm not saying it's a nationality thing. More grit, drive from within, a scottish defiance type thing. Most of us probably had it as kids growing up. Bigger they are harder they fall attitude.

McGregor, Arfield, Jack maybe Katic probably fall into one camp and look at the other side thinking they're primadona imposters taking the wage but not puting it all on the line. Tav, Morelos, Barasic all come into that category of being pretty footballers not street fighters. Or perform dependent on when it suits them, not each time they pull on the jersey. And that's what's often needed here before ability can make difference to results.

I dunno. I just think half our team look at the man beside him thinking he's a shitebag who wont have my back, not selfless. wont give it his all.

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I definitely think, like every work place certain people won’t like certain ppl, but goldson selling the drawers last nite that’s unexplainable, no matter what camp the useless bastard is in

It can be explained quite easily to be honest he is a shite footballer. 

The fans deserve to know what’s went on. There is no other explanation for our total collapse in literally 50 days other than something has happened either between the players or players and management. 

My take on it is that the way Gerrard has treated certain players hasn’t went down well with them and others within the squad whilst his favourite picks every week are rarely lambasted for even worse mistakes and are never dropped. 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

My take on it is that the way Gerrard has treated certain players hasn’t went down well with them and others within the squad whilst his favourite picks every week are rarely lambasted for even worse mistakes and are never dropped. 

People have seen this coming since before our collapse, the fact that he’s carried on treating some different to others is shocking 

If there was a split coming back from the winter break, then we had absolutely no chance of winning the league or Cup this year.

Cast your mind back to the Stranrear game.

You could see even that early that something was not quite right.

Teams just don't beat celtic one week, then a few weeks later after plenty of rest, and buzzing from that result, turn in a turgid performance like they did v Stranrear, and then that continues unabated for the rest of the season to date.

If, and i believe that it has, been a split, then we had no chance of being successful in the 2nd half of the season.

In fact, we had already defeated ourselves before a ball was kicked v Stranrear.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If there was a split coming back from the winter break, then we had absolutely no chance of winning the league or Cup this year.

Cast your mind back to the Stranrear game.

You could see even that early that something was not quite right.

Teams just don't beat celtic one week, then a few weeks later after plenty of rest, and buzzing from that result, turn in a turgid performance like they did v Stranrear, and then that continues unabated for the rest of the season to date.

If, and i believe that it has, been a split, then we had no chance of being successful in the 2nd half of the season.

In fact, we had already defeated ourselves before a ball was kicked v Stranrear.

Forget the Stranraer game, that was a host of changes and a diddy game, the st mirren game after it was the warning shots, we knew we had certain players missing and instead of changing it to accomodate the new players, we just tried square pegs in round holes, 

So you have guys like flanagan (yes i know he isnt the greatest) who are asked to do a job that they arent comfortable doing, and then being stigmatised for not doing it in a one off game, 

You then have your manager picking on the fact he has certain players missing and its detrimental to the team, when it was the setup that made their absence detrimental 

His backing of tav in poor form last october, is admirable, but only if others get the same backing, once he throws katic in front of the bullets for a bad performance the rifts will appear 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There are a few revelling in it it has to be said.

Pish, these people are hurting, however when issues they picked up on ages ago, and they were shot down for it, and mocked for it, come to a head, they have every right to highlight it

I was called a spastic for daring to say greg stewart wasnt a game changer and didnt warrant the praise, others on here have gotten abuse whenever they put forward an opinion that wasnt all singing and all dancing about the club

Ffs theres still people defending tav and goldson after last night 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ive never met you

But im fucking stunned that you'd even believe that given you do know me

And that's what disappointing Jim, you do seem to be revelling in this shit. I know we're all gutted at how things have gone but you are coming across as revelling in this.

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Forget the Stranraer game, that was a host of changes and a diddy game, the st mirren game after it was the warning shots, we knew we had certain players missing and instead of changing it to accomodate the new players, we just tried square pegs in round holes, 

So you have guys like flanagan (yes i know he isnt the greatest) who are asked to do a job that they arent comfortable doing, and then being stigmatised for not doing it in a one off game, 

You then have your manager picking on the fact he has certain players missing and its detrimental to the team, when it was the setup that made their absence detrimental 

His backing of tav in poor form last october, is admirable, but only if others get the same backing, once he throws katic in front of the bullets for a bad performance the rifts will appear 

Flanagan has had 2 years to get up to speed and become comfortable with what we need from full backs for our system.  Asking a RB to be a RB and go forward and get good crosses in shouldn't be alien to him. He fucked his opportunity yet again against Hearts although he at least tried going forward against St Mirren. His cross even eventually resulted in a goal.

Not sure why you would give him an easy time for failure whilst slating others for the same. Folk need to seize opportunities but imo he's another one of those in the waster category from the other thread. Happy to take the wage to be back up but an unreliable one at that 

Just now, MisterC said:

And that's what disappointing Jim, you do seem to be revelling in this shit. I know we're all gutted at how things have gone but you are coming across as revelling in this.

You think im revelling in my last night of holiday being fucking ruined by that shower of shite, or that they ruined my sat night as well

I didnt see you sticking up for me when i was being hammered for being realistic about players and the manager, but the minute its the other way about you think I'm enjoying this and dig at me 

Fair enough if thats what you think, but you are so fucking wrong its unreal

Archived