A split in the squad

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That explains a lot then.

We have diva's in the dressing room thinking the Scottish game is beneath them. Which is p'ing off those who know that Scottish football can be a bit hack and chop but still as challenging as other leagues.

Squabbles have cost us silverware. That's not acceptable or professional  :tut: 

Just my opinion.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think the players are not giving a fuck we have been carrying the same passengers since December. You keep playing the same players who are not performing and there is no motivation for them to try at all they know they are in the team every week.

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This i laughed at

You've got to bud, otherwise we'd all go mad. Gallows humour. 

It's finally sunk in with me that the majority of our squad will never be fit to wear that famous jersey, never.

I'm not one to ever call our players/staff all the c's under the sun. I understand when others do as we all care about Rangers so much, the clubs a massive part of our lives and it hurts like a bastard when we see performances/results like last night.

That's the worst part for me, the performances.

Even our great teams and squads lost the odd game to the "diddy teams", it's always going to happen. But our recent domestic displays have been beyond abysmal, way beyond. 

Shirt is definitely way too heavy for most of them.

It's not a split it's a loss of confidence that requires a change in approach to snap them out of it. If you're frightened and panicking what's the point of someone shouting and saying you're worthless? Instead, they need to do things differently,  with some changes in personnel (even that won't be popular) and formation and training routines. Think about a child that's fallen and about to cry. If the adult gets emotional then the kid breaks into hysterics. Instead, distract, change what you're doing. At this stage there's little to lose. But we must still get behind and encourage the team, there is no better way.

Agree with some but not all that you say. Flanagan for example is never a footballer never mind a Rangers player.  Jones found his level at Killie and has proved in a short space of time he is another lafferty mentally.

Polster should never have been dropped . The katic treatment just baffles me. 

15 minutes ago, writingranger said:

It's not a split it's a loss of confidence that requires a change in approach to snap them out of it. If you're frightened and panicking what's the point of someone shouting and saying you're worthless? Instead, they need to do things differently,  with some changes in personnel (even that won't be popular) and formation and training routines. Think about a child that's fallen and about to cry. If the adult gets emotional then the kid breaks into hysterics. Instead, distract, change what you're doing. At this stage there's little to lose. But we must still get behind and encourage the team, there is no better way.

Therein lies the problem they're men not children.  They're playing at a professional level, do they really need to be wrapped up in cotton wool?  Get them on Gullane Sand it will be the best therapy to improve their mentality and the bonus is none of them will get addicted to cotton wool. 😄

17 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Last night should have been 10-1.   A fuck up at the back and an inability to score from more shots at goal than we would manage in 95% of matches.  What struck me was that it looked like the players were panicking every time they got near the Accies goal.  Cool confident finishing replaced by total panic. 

We need to get back to basics, playing people in their correct positions, but we also need to have backups challenging to get into the first team.

At the moment their is a few players that have been dreadful for 3 or 4 games running, and are still getting picked.

Anyone got stats/knowledge on how our goals were coming before Christmas, were they being walked into the net, from crosses, corners etc?

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Bollocks, the team tried last night! Last night was one of they nights and it has just happened at the worst possible time! Barisic Tav both had a stinker again! That effects what we do, but still should been at least 2 or 3 up! Morelos header n Tav sitter, changing manager doesn't effect that

Yeah they tried their wee souls out 

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Therein lies the problem they're men not children.  They're playing at a professional level, do they really need to be wrapped up in cotton wool?  Get them on Gullane Sand it will be the best therapy to improve their mentality and the bonus is none of them will get addicted to cotton wool. 😄

Some back to basics may well help. They definitely need to do something different. Of course,  you only have to be on this forum for a few minutes to realise that all these big, tough sounding men are really only frightened little boys inside, still in need of their mothers 😁

Someone provide at least two names in different groups, and at least one video clip showing friction indicating the split is real. 

If not its bollocks. 

I just think the players run their guts out in the first half of the season and run out of gas at this midway point. If the scum weren't there we'd be sitting top and have a big lead. 

People are coming up with stories that simply don't exist. Cognitive dissonance. 

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Someone provide at least two names in different groups, and at least one video clip showing friction indicating the split is real. 

If not its bollocks. 

I just think the players run their guts out in the first half of the season and run out of gas at this midway point. If the scum weren't there we'd be sitting top and have a big lead. 

People are coming up with stories that simply don't exist. Cognitive dissonance. 

Have hearts players not ran their guts out all season, did hamilton players not run their guts out killie, sheep? 

We have a bigger squad than all bar the tarriers, if guys are "tired" (lot of bollocks) then rotate the squad, if goldsons mistake was down to tiredness last night, why when we have 4 centre halves has he played every single game

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Have hearts players not ran their guts out all season, did hamilton players not run their guts out killie, sheep? 

We have a bigger squad than all bar the tarriers, if guys are "tired" (lot of bollocks) then rotate the squad, if goldsons mistake was down to tiredness last night, why when we have 4 centre halves has he played every single game

europa league run and league Cup final

Morelos carried us the first part of the season with an exceptional run of form. That run has ended and so we're regressing back to where we'd have been without him

Without morelos having an amazing first half of the season we'd be even further behind where we are now. 

Well the fat fuck Brazil is bumping his gums about one and claims the gardener will have more info tomorrow. Now the former manager does seem to be someone reveling in the current mess.

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Agree with some but not all that you say. Flanagan for example is never a footballer never mind a Rangers player.  Jones found his level at Killie and has proved in a short space of time he is another lafferty mentally.

Polster should never have been dropped . The katic treatment just baffles me. 

Jones started really well for us, if I recall correctly. Was after he injured himself that things unravelled rapidly between him and SG.

3 minutes ago, Bertent said:

Well the fat fuck Brazil is bumping his gums about one and claims the gardener will have more info tomorrow. Now the former manager does seem to be someone reveling in the current mess.

Not looking to defend him but you could see Ally was hurting more than some of the players on the pitch after the Hearts game - don't think he will ever revel in Rangers failings

43 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

If not its bollocks. 

Ok let’s compare the form of Rangers to the current World Club Champions who since their winter break have managed:

0-1 v Atletico Madrid without a shot on target.

Fortunate 1-0 away win to bottom club Norwich.

Lucky 3-2 against West Ham at home after being 2-1 down.

0-3 pummeling against Watford.

0-2 and out of the FA Cup against Chelsea.  Two defensive howlers and an impotent attack.

Klopp out?

The point I am making that changes in form coincide with a team that was playing its socks off in the first half of the season and the disruption  of a winter break.   

Archived