Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

ST sales plummeting as we speak.

Can't wait on the shite the board will spin this time around pre sale. Worse, no Chairman to spout it, so we get businessman of the year Robertson babbling his usual shite?!

If any fans gave up their ST there would be plenty of others ready to step forward to take them up.  We've hit a bad time, with a poor run of form since the turn of the year but that won't last forever. It will turn round and Gerrard will be the man in charge because he's going nowhere, the club needs stability after the bleak years since 2012 and as a club we can't afford to keep changing managers every time things go badly for us. Gerrard has made massive mistakes, no argument on that but who is a viable and realistic option to replace him, given our financial situation.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

What about MON? He knows the league and must know the beating of them?

Might be hard attracting him with all those Sunday games and having to miss the chapel.

If we wait long enough will you come up with credible suggestions?

Nah, thought not.

Man this last couple of weeks has been a real rollercoaster of a ride, I just cannot make up my mind either way re Gerrard, do we get rid or give him another chance?, the devil on my right shoulder is saying get him to fuck, the angel on my right is saying give him another season, I honestly don't know, so let's look at the pros and cons as I see them.

Pros 

1  His name alone will attract players who might not necessarily be attracted to coming here  

2 It cannot be denied that he had this team playing some fantastic stuff this season [after a stuttering start] so there is a base there to work with.

3 After one and a half seasons he surely now knows what type of player is required to challenge in the SPFL and who he can trust in the currant squad.

cons

1  He seems to be incapable of getting his players back to the standards to were they were capable of pre January

2  He is stubborn to a fault, Is he capable of changing the playing formation when needed?

3. He's very inconsistent when criticizing certain players and constantly playing favourites when they are consistently out of form, that I'll put down to being a rookie manager but he has to learn when to criticize and when to play it smarter

4 This is a big one for me, if he stays then he has to stop prattling on about fuckin' Liverpool, [IMO the board should have put a stop to this from day one] how on earth can the players be expected to show loyalty to the club when they know if the boss was offered a top position at them he would be off like a shot, I want my manager of The Rangers to bleed blue not red.

After all that I'm inclined to give him one more kick at the can but not mainly because of the pro's that I listed, I'm just not sure if I want the club to start all over again from scratch I just believe that at some stage we have to stick with one manager and give him the chance to see if he has the ability to correct any mistakes of the past, we know what this team is capable of when on form, I just believe that 3-4 of the correct signings could make the difference.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We (RM forum) arent sacking or recruiting

As you said above, covers it nicely, the people who get paid the big bucks to decide can get on with it or not. We will eventually find out if there are any changes, it is then a case of lump it or like it.

Anyhow, more importantly I hope you are keeping better, the older I get the harder it is to shake off even the simplest ailments, seem to spend more time confined to bed these days than anything else 👍

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If we wait long enough will you come up with credible suggestions?

Nah, thought not.

I'm trying.

I've put up two realy good choices who know the Scottish game, know how to win titles, and have great insight to fucking the scum, but not one bit of support or appreciation for it. Gutted to say the least. Some are just all about glory and staunchness.

FFS, they are actuallly well ahead of big sam et al brigade.

No what about Mick O'neil or Mick McCarthy?

1 minute ago, backup said:

As you said above, covers it nicely, the people who get paid the big bucks to decide can get on with it or not. We will eventually find out if there are any changes, it is then a case of lump it or like it.

Anyhow, more importantly I hope you are keeping better, the older I get the harder it is to shake off even the simplest ailments, seem to spend more time confined to bed these days than anything else 👍

Then we should also cease chat on Gerrard going as, as you quote, it's not us sacking.

Getting there, 2019 was a write off, but I'm surviving. All we can do 👍

On 05/03/2020 at 08:52, pcbear said:

Just putting it out there, this team seems unable to get us heading the right way apart from a few glimmers of light, suggestions.

Sean dyche for me doing a brilliant job with Burnley 

6 hours ago, backup said:

You were around in the dark days of JG, when fans who had no fancy stadiums or home comforts, voted with their feet?

May 23rd 1979 against Partick Thistle at Ibrox is quoted in 'Rothmans' as just 2,500, many of us thought it was nearer 6000/7000, neverthless, those days would look positively halcyon if they shamed us with 10 iar.

Are you no just a mad fantasist but?  Who just comes around when the team is doing really shite and tries to act like he's been a bastion of wisdom all along?

10 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Are you no just a mad fantasist but?  Who just comes around when the team is doing really shite and tries to act like he's been a bastion of wisdom all along?

Knowledge is knowing what to say, wisdom is knowing when to say it.

One day you may decipher the difference.

15 minutes ago, backup said:

Knowledge is knowing what to say, wisdom is knowing when to say it.

One day you may decipher the difference.

Aye that was always the type of thing you thought was super smart. 

Shocks nobody that you reared your head when the team was doing shite. Absolute bellend.

6 hours ago, Coop said:

I think Gerrard and Beale made a rod for their own backs when they got it right up them at the final whistle in December in their own backyard.  That seems to have galvanised them into going on a run.

Agree entirely. Said it was a mistake when I was watching it live.

FFS, this thread's worse than all the manager threads before Gerrard and they were a fucking trainwreck.

Everyone struggling to come with anything remotely inspirational. Fucking depressing.

However, maybe that's telling it's own story. 

Maybe there is just no better out there for us than Gerrard.

Maybe deep down most still hold that candle for Gerrard and just feel so let down, because he was the man for us?

I can go with that. Absolutey fucking scunnered in what's happend to us mind you. Scunnered at Stevie's antic's over the last few weeks to. Oh those fucking statements, never mind those performances.

I am still in disbelief we go from hero to zero in just a few weeks after such a promising first half of the season. I could actually see that title coming home. Still not sunk in tbh. Just not getting it, despite all the shite I spout. Maybe there's a lot we just don't know and can't be revealed. Football worse than politics behind closed doors.

IF he demonstrated by his actions that he has learned, then I could get over what's happened and we run with him, but I'm terrified that tommorow we just fuck it up again using the same old shite. If he changed it tomorrow and we dropped points, I could accept that, because it shows he's at least trying something different.

Maybe draw a line time and we go again with Stevie in the summer, as I personally just cannot see an alternative and nothing I've seen in here inspires me. I still burn that candle for him to succeed and I just hope he has learned this biggest of lessons in what it takes to win a title. How he manages that dressing room and has a more open mind on formation and lastly, who he can trust to do a job.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

FFS, this thread's worse than all the manager threads before Gerrard and they were a fucking trainwreck.

Everyone struggling to come with anything remotely inspirational. Fucking depressing.

However, maybe that's telling it's own story. 

Maybe there is just no better out there for us than Gerrard.

Maybe deep down most still hold that candle for Gerrard and just feel so let down, because he was the man for us?

I can go with that. Absolutey fucking scunnered in what's happend to us mind you. Scunnered at Stevie's antic's over the last few weeks to. Oh those fucking statements, never mind those performances.

I am still in disbelief we go from hero to zero in just a few weeks after such a promising first half of the season. I could actually see that title coming home. Still not sunk in tbh. Just not getting it, despite all the shite I spout. Maybe there's a lot we just don't know and can't be revealed. Football worse than politics behind closed doors.

IF he demonstrated by his actions that he has learned, then I could get over what's happened and we run with him, but I'm terrified that tommorow we just fuck it up again using the same old shite. If he changed it tomorrow and we dropped points, I could accept that, because it shows he's at least trying something different.

Maybe draw a line time and we go again with Stevie in the summer, as I personally just cannot see an alternative and nothing I've seen in here inspires me. I still burn that candle for him to succeed and I just hope he has learned this biggest of lessons in what it takes to win a title. How he manages that dressing room and has a more open mind on formation and lastly, who he can trust to do a job.

^^^^^^Dissociative Personality Disorder, or probably just hasn't got a clue. Just a thought.

On 05/03/2020 at 09:09, DBBTB said:

We are coming to the end of an experiment with an inexperienced U-18 coach that didn’t work out and you think the answer is to appoint somebody else on the basis of a 4 game, 3 week caretaker spell?  :lol:

Aye but he hates the SFA so what could possibly go wrong 

4 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Man this last couple of weeks has been a real rollercoaster of a ride, I just cannot make up my mind either way re Gerrard, do we get rid or give him another chance?, the devil on my right shoulder is saying get him to fuck, the angel on my right is saying give him another season, I honestly don't know, so let's look at the pros and cons as I see them.

Pros 

1  His name alone will attract players who might not necessarily be attracted to coming here  

2 It cannot be denied that he had this team playing some fantastic stuff this season [after a stuttering start] so there is a base there to work with.

3 After one and a half seasons he surely now knows what type of player is required to challenge in the SPFL and who he can trust in the currant squad.

cons

1  He seems to be incapable of getting his players back to the standards to were they were capable of pre January

2  He is stubborn to a fault, Is he capable of changing the playing formation when needed?

3. He's very inconsistent when criticizing certain players and constantly playing favourites when they are consistently out of form, that I'll put down to being a rookie manager but he has to learn when to criticize and when to play it smarter

4 This is a big one for me, if he stays then he has to stop prattling on about fuckin' Liverpool, [IMO the board should have put a stop to this from day one] how on earth can the players be expected to show loyalty to the club when they know if the boss was offered a top position at them he would be off like a shot, I want my manager of The Rangers to bleed blue not red.

After all that I'm inclined to give him one more kick at the can but not mainly because of the pro's that I listed, I'm just not sure if I want the club to start all over again from scratch I just believe that at some stage we have to stick with one manager and give him the chance to see if he has the ability to correct any mistakes of the past, we know what this team is capable of when on form, I just believe that 3-4 of the correct signings could make the difference.

Regarding point 4 cons, whilst I completely understand your point, in fairness he has never to my knowledge just started prattling on about Liverpool but is ridiculously asked about them by our absolutely inept media during press conferences. As much as it would be great to have a fantastic manager who grew up like you and I did with blue blood and Rangers and only Rangers in our hearts, realistically that’s a tough ask, of course if he was successful and the chance to go there arose he’d be off, just as Souness was, and so would 99% of managers if the chance to go to a better league with almost unlimited resources was presented to them. It’s just reality to where we are on the football spectrum 

Archived