Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No idea who that is, but am assuming it’s no a compliment  😂

Used to post on here back in the day and he was obsessed with Ralf Ragnick. He was actually a good lad but he had a meltdown, fell out with a few people and was never seen again. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I would honestly take any cunt that has experience of Scottish football! TLB was found out in England, gets found out in Europe constantly but knows the Scottish game inside out & has them cantering to another league. We really need to go back to basics on this! 

I’m struggling to think of anyone in all honesty 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We have a “young hungry manager” at the moment and it’s turned into a disaster.

We have had four experiments in a row - McCoist, Warburton, Caixinha, Gerrard -and not one of them have worked out. The fine for experiments is over.

We are crying out for a battle hardened wily experienced campaigner and have been since the day we sacked McCoist.

Everton saw fit to appoint him as a caretaker manager, one of the most respected experienced managers in the game has appointed him as his assistant he has ability. Just because Gerrard doesn’t have the ability to be a manager we shouldn’t discount others.  Think my preference would be Allardyce to be honest but I wouldn’t be against giving Ferguson till the end of the season with the promise of a job if he can prove himself capable.

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Everton saw fit to appoint him as a caretaker manager, one of the most respected experienced managers in the game has appointed him as his assistant he has ability. Just because Gerrard doesn’t have the ability to be a manager we shouldn’t discount others.  Think my preference would be Allardyce to be honest but I wouldn’t be against giving Ferguson till the end of the season with the promise of a job if he can prove himself capable.

No it doesn’t mean that Ferguson can’t manage but I don’t want to see us take that risk again. We need somebody with some sort of track record and he doesn’t have one.

I also think it’s very unlikely that he would leave his job at Everton to come here as a glorified caretaker either.

5 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

And people wonder why I want SG to stay for the foreseeable future?! 

There is no magic wand out there. 

People haven't thought this through. 

We get it, you support SG not Rangers! At least once he goes, you’ll go too! 

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

We get it, you support SG not Rangers! At least once he goes, you’ll go too! 

I've probably been to more Rangers games than you've had hot dinners.

But if you want to go down the route of "I don't agree with you, so you are not a Rangers fan" stuff then fine, if it makes you happy. It bothers me not a jot what someone thinks of me on a football forum 😎

The one we've got. I've heard and read a lot of vindictive comments, delivered out of frustration and anger and I too am perplexed. The fact is that the team has lost its way and its confidence and Gerrard and his team need to get it back. That may well mean changing some things around and dropping some players whose confidence is shot. Looking at the squad he may also have to bring in unpopular players too, to replace them. The fact is you cant make any one more confident by shouting and saying, "you're shit and a coward. Be better, be a hero." They have to be built up and supported .

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

The one we've got. I've heard and read a lot of vindictive comments, delivered out of frustration and anger and I too am perplexed. The fact is that the team has lost its way and its confidence and Gerrard and his team need to get it back. That may well mean changing some things around and dropping some players whose confidence is shot. Looking at the squad he may also have to bring in unpopular players too, to replace them. The fact is you cant make any one more confident by shouting and saying, "you're shit and a coward. Be better, be a hero." They have to be built up and supported .

Agreed. 

And the fact that there was not one song of encouragement sung last night, outwith BF1, does not help one bit.

The silence just creates more tesnion and nervousness when that is the last thing we need. 

Abusing, moaning, booing - what does it achieve?? 

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

His contract is up at the end of the season , was brought in to save them from relegation , will probably be offered a new deal.........

That's true, they'd be mental not to offer him one but Watford can be funny with managers. If they don't we 100% should pounce on it!

12 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I've probably been to more Rangers games than you've had hot dinners.

But if you want to go down the route of "I don't agree with you, so you are not a Rangers fan" stuff then fine, if it makes you happy. It bothers me not a jot what someone thinks of me on a football forum 😎

Have you aye? 🤦‍♂️ Idiot! 

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

That's true, they'd be mental not to offer him one but Watford can be funny with managers. If they don't we 100% should pounce on it!

Would have him in a heartbeat , takes no bullshit from anyone and would bring a fear in that dressing room like the time when Walter and Souness were there.......

Our problems run much deeper that Gerrard. Love hm or loathe him, how do we get rid, unless he walks of his own accord. A pretty penny to remove him and his staff that we cannot afford.

Then we look at the players and at least half of that squad need moved on being simply not good enough. Many will remain under contract, so it will be costly for them to stay or go, whilst trying to  add to an already burgeoning squad.

We look at the board and there is a distinct lack of leadership where we have Robertson et el, who makes Homer Simpson look like businessman of the year and I fear unless that board changes, there will be no change on the park, no matter who is the manager.

Our fininacial model is knee jerk with a year on year hole in the accounts, which also now depends on EL group money, so what happens if we don't make it?! King has stepped down and no replacement on the horizon and worse no significant investment.

Gerrard rightly comes under attack, but from what we are seeing here, we are struggling to name realistic replacements. I think that says exactly where we are as a businesss. Struggling, because we simply cannot afford the stature of manager we deserve.

This board, far less Gerrard have taken us as far as they can and unless they move on, nothing  changes and the disappointment will continue.

For me, time the board looked in the mirror and prepare to move, making arrangements to seek new owners, even it means them taking a hit on their invest, otherwise I see serious trouble ahead, as it won't take such a big dip in ST sales to put us in peril.

Simply our whole business model needs serious restructuring. 

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Would have him in a heartbeat , takes no bullshit from anyone and would bring a fear in that dressing room like the time when Walter and Souness were there.......

Understands how to manage games that are a bit dirty, can change games tactically and most importantly has actually won leagues!

57 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Then they're idiots. 

Are you for real ? Any bear would be entitled  to scream from the rooftops after this happened .At least by then ,maybe Alfredo may have scored against the bheasts .All would be well with BIB 

Archived