Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our problems run much deeper that Gerrard. Love hm or loathe him, how do we get rid, unless he walks of his own accord. A pretty penny to remove him and his staff that we cannot afford.

Then we look at the players and at least half of that squad need moved on being simply not good enough. Many will remain under contract, so it will be costly for them to stay or go, whilst trying to  add to an already burgeoning squad.

We look at the board and there is a distinct lack of leadership where we have Robertson et el, who makes Homer Simpson look like businessman of the year and I fear unless that board changes, there will be no change on the park, no matter who is the manager.

Our fininacial model is knee jerk with a year on year hole in the accounts, which also now depends on EL group money, so what happens if we don't make it?! King has stepped down and no replacement on the horizon and worse no significant investment.

Gerrard rightly comes under attack, but from what we are seeing here, we are struggling to name realistic replacements. I think that says exactly where we are as a businesss. Struggling, because we simply cannot afford the stature of manager we deserve.

This board, far less Gerrard have taken us as far as they can and unless they move on, nothing  changes and the disappointment will continue.

For me, time the board looked in the mirror and prepare to move, making arrangements to seek new owners, even it means them taking a hit on their invest, otherwise I see serious trouble ahead, as it won't take such a big dip in ST sales to put us in peril.

Simply our whole business model needs serious restructuring. 

Giving out contracts until medals and trophies are won ,should never happen again .Since they all got their new contracts ,our club has been in free fall 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, gmcf said:

From hero to zero in two months .

Who in their right mind would come here to that.  

That's the same with most teams now tbh. Allardyce for me. Someone mentioned Warnock in another thread , would be happy with that as well. Need someone with real experience now. No had a manager with real experience for 10 years.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Are you for real ? Any bear would be entitled  to scream from the rooftops after this happened .At least by then ,maybe Alfredo may have scored against the bheasts .All would be well with BIB 

So if we got Klopp in and they still done ten people would want him sacked? 

Say next season we win both cups reach the quarter finals of the EL and lose the league on the last day, your still wanting the manager sacked? 

Don't talk pish. 

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

That's the big question, there generally is no "oh him" like there probably was with Walter in 2007. Personally I'd like Serhiy Rebrov, bit left of field I know, who has a good record of taking big clubs in their country back to the top. I posted his record on the other manager chat.

This is his record...

He's had a very successful stint with Dynamo Kiev where took Dynamo from 4th to title winners in a season and helped them win only their 3rd title in 11 years and did it going unbeaten. In the 14-15 season as well as winning the double he took Dynamo to the Europa League quarters. The next season they won the league again, winning 88% of there matches and only losing 2 (2 losses in 52 league matches, 83% win record). This year he also took Dynamo to the last 16 of the CL. His third and final season didn't go so well and they fell back in to second but still won the cup.

He went to Al Ahly for a year which I presume was for a payday then ended up at Ferencvaros. In his first year they won the league by 13 points and it was only their second title in 15 years. This year they are currently top by 3 points but have 2 games in hand to all there nearest challengers. He also managed to get Ferencvaros into the Europa League group stage which for a Hungarian side is some achievement.

He's a manager that has managed in a stronger league than us as well as probably a weaker league and has had great success. He's taken one club in Dynamo Kiev who have suffered against one club with bigger finances (sounds familiar) and turned them into a successful side without having to rip apart the team. He's also done the same with Ferencvaros who had there money troubles in the mid 2000s (I believe) and is close to turning them into back-to-back champions. 

The obvious risk would be wtf does he know about Scottish football? Probably little. However, he must have a decent grasp of English considering his time in England and he has shown he can go to different leagues he has never worked in and been successful. I also can't imagine him being on big bucks in Hungary.

Every single manager we appoint would be a gamble! Because 99% would crumble under the pressure and the huge unrealistic expectations of our fans within a season or 2.

6 managers in a row cant all be bad at there job.

Mccoist,McCall,Warburton, Murty,Caixinha, Gerrard.

Only consistent thing with they 6 managers is fans with unrealistic targets to pile the pressure on when any points are dropped.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

We have had four experiments in a row - McCoist, Warburton, Caixinha, Gerrard -and not one of them have worked out. The time for experiments is over.

Add to that list two caretaker managers in Murty and McCall.

When Rangers won 9 in a row the mhanks had 5 managers and 2 caretaker managers in that same period and how we laughed. They were utter pish week in week out and we laughed some more.

We need to stabilise and fucking quick.

I reckon we need a manager whose appointment totally underwhelms us. Unknown quantities are often favoured by fans because "maybe great" is so much more exciting than "definitely okay" but we're quickly discovering that the flip-side of "maybe great" is "probably pish".

The situation is particularly frustrating because I  100% believe that an "okay" manager could/would have delivered us a title - and certainly a cup - over the last two seasons with the resources that have been made available to Gerrard. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

He went to China because they pay people ridiculous amounts of money.  I think he just signed for a Chinese team in January so no chance he’s coming to us.

This. Newcastle were paying Raf £6m a year, but couldn't tempt VB to replace him.  Seen a stat that his win rate in Holland was 61% but he still managed to win the league.  If he repeated that  win rate here, don't think many bears would be very happy.

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aye it's unrealistic to think we can win a trophy, it's unrealistic to think we can beat the bottom club at home, it's unrealistic to think we can't win more than 7/21 games against Aberdeen/Kilmarnock. Should I go on?

Its unrealistic to think we should be stopping celtic 10iar imo. Tht is where all the pressure stems from. How bad was it before Gerrard came in tho? Granted the last 2 months have been murder but its 2 steps forward 1 back.  Its goin to take time.

My point being no manager will b given time

If you think we’ve imploded under Gerrard we’d become an even bigger laughing stock under an absolute fruitloop like Nigel Pearson. 

There’s a difference from having a bit of dig and desire to being an absolute tit constantly on the verge of being unstable

Doesn’t matter who the manager is. Tavernier says the problem is the team can’t handle the Scottish game. 
It’s a little bit of a problem if our squad is scared of the shite that litters Scottish football 

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If you think we’ve imploded under Gerrard we’d become an even bigger laughing stock under an absolute fruitloop like Nigel Pearson. 

There’s a difference from having a bit of dig and desire to being an absolute tit constantly on the verge of being unstable

The Glasgow goldfish bowl would break him in a matter of weeks.

Sadly, we’ve become a poisoned chalice and if these players think there’s pressure this season, just imagine what it’s going to be like next. Fuck me, what a mess. Sir Moonbeam & the shyster Whyte started this and the rest of Scottish football have finished it.  

58 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

This. Pearson is exactly the type of manager who should be nowhere near us. He'd explode within a few weeks of being here. 

I know I know he's an ex manager but Advocaat or at least someone of similar vein would be ideal. Feyenoord were shite at the start of the season and has stepped in, made them hard to beat and seems to be getting the best out of them considering their squad isn't close to that of PSV/Ajax.

Personally we need a streetwise manager like DA who could just step in, get the best out of what he has and also knows how to win trophies. I think for the most part Gerrard has largely improved us but I just cant see us maintaining good form for a season under him, we've burned out by January two years running.

Archived