Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I know I know he's an ex manager but Advocaat or at least someone of similar vein would be ideal. Feyenoord were shite at the start of the season and has stepped in, made them hard to beat and seems to be getting the best out of them considering their squad isn't close to that of PSV/Ajax.

Personally we need a streetwise manager like DA who could just step in, get the best out of what he has and also knows how to win trophies. I think for the most part Gerrard has largely improved us but I just cant see us maintaining good form for a season under him, we've burned out by January two years running.

That’s what I think too. 

If we are going to overhaul that lot I think we need a manager who is wily and has become good at maximising resources through experience and your best bet for that is getting somebody who has experience and has been around the block a bit. 

More and more of these coaches and managers coming through seem to encourage playing football the same way and in the same style and I think part of the reason for that is that they all have to go through the same coaching courses, tests and licences and it just churns out a load of similar managers.

All the paperwork and studying in the world is not a substitute for the experience that some older managers have gained through going out there and learning on the job as they have went and I think that’s what we need just now.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So if we got Klopp in and they still done ten people would want him sacked? 

Say next season we win both cups reach the quarter finals of the EL and lose the league on the last day, your still wanting the manager sacked? 

Don't talk pish. 

Tbh lately that’s all you have been doing

Stick the emojis and you tube mate 

It’s what you do best 🤣

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Tbh lately that’s all you have been doing

Stick the emojis and you tube mate 

It’s what you do best 🤣

Care to answer the points I made or are you just gonna float from thread to thread like a windae licker? 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Care to answer the points I made or are you just gonna float from thread to thread like a windae licker? 

Stop being a sad fuck 
I don’t even know what you are spouting about ,nor do I care 

Wind your neck in eh 🤣

First of all, Gerrard would have to voluntary step down because we couldn't afford to pay him out. He is not motivated by money so if he thought the time was right, I'm sure it could easily be reached by mutual agreement. 

Van Bronckhurst sounds nice but it is not realistic. He just moved to China and must be on silly money. 

Apart from that, once again, I'm not seeing many suggestions.

The one thing I would like to see happen effective immediately is for Kevin Thomson to be promoted to the first team coaching staff.

4 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

We have had 3 experimental managers in a row now. We need someone that’s experienced and can make an instant impact imo

we need someone who understands Scottish football  who will bring in players who can handle the physical side of the football here  not the wimps and Nancy boys signed by warburton and gerrard  until that happens we will go nowhere  it might not be pretty to watch but at the end of the day  it is all about results

53 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I know I know he's an ex manager but Advocaat or at least someone of similar vein would be ideal. Feyenoord were shite at the start of the season and has stepped in, made them hard to beat and seems to be getting the best out of them considering their squad isn't close to that of PSV/Ajax.

Personally we need a streetwise manager like DA who could just step in, get the best out of what he has and also knows how to win trophies. I think for the most part Gerrard has largely improved us but I just cant see us maintaining good form for a season under him, we've burned out by January two years running.

Dick is at Feyenoord and won’t come back here.  Who else out there is like Dick Advocaat and would come to Glasgow to manage Rangers?

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

we need someone who understands Scottish football  who will bring in players who can handle the physical side of the football here  not the wimps and Nancy boys signed by warburton and gerrard  until that happens we will go nowhere  it might not be pretty to watch but at the end of the day  it is all about results

Finding big lumps with no technical ability is easy.  I’m sure there’s plenty of managers who can bring route one football back to Ibrox.  We as fans were very much against that when McCoist was doing it.  We wanted a young, exiting, attacking team.  

As for someone who understands Scottish football, who?  McInnes and Clarke were the best two outside the Old Firm and one knocked us back and the other can’t stand us.

20 minutes ago, northern bear said:

That wee specky guy who was at Fulham. Him or Joey Barton. 

Joey Barton who was vilified for calling Warburton out for being a shite manager then chased out the club?  Laughably, when we were getting scudded 4-0 and 5-0 under Pedro and Murty people on here were demanding more passion and fight from the players in the dressing room. We go from one extreme to another.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Then they're idiots. 

Why are they idiots? Surely the idiotic strategy  is to keep flogging a dead horse? If SG  has run out of ideas, lost the players somehow, then what options are there? Personally I don't think *anyone* could come in and do any better then he's done, but, I could be wrong. Whatever has happened in Dubai has thrown the entire team off the rails. I despair I really do.

Gerrard is only leaving if he decides to walk. Board don't have the funds to sack him.

If a new manager is needed, we're turning to ross wilson to sort out. DOF is meant to be in place to oversee these changes if required. 

For me we really need an experienced manager. Ideally someone with a lot of tactical knowledge, man management skills and if available some silverware on their CV. 

I really thought Gerrard would have gotten the better of Lennon for when the chips are down that cunt implodes. Sadly, I was wrong, experience is everything in that role. However, I'm stumped as to who the next manager should be. Scottish? Foreign?

I think we may have to endure Gerrard for one more season and I'm not so sure it is a bad thing. It just appears that way right now.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The second coming of Christ couldn't take this lot forward.

I think either way a lot of this squad need to be axed end of the season. 

Thier true colours have been showing.  Cowards that send out a player that wasn't even involved to face up. 

Lead and I use that term lightly,  by a captain whose comments in that match program are a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Finding big lumps with no technical ability is easy.  I’m sure there’s plenty of managers who can bring route one football back to Ibrox.  We as fans were very much against that when McCoist was doing it.  We wanted a young, exiting, attacking team.  

As for someone who understands Scottish football, who?  McInnes and Clarke were the best two outside the Old Firm and one knocked us back and the other can’t stand us.

I never said anything about big lumps with no technical ability I said physical players there is a big difference  don't know how long you have been watching gers for me it is over 60 yrs we always had physical players but players with ability  I am sick of going to places like tynecastle  rugby park etc and watching us getting bullied again I never said anything about route 1 football  and again you can understand Scottish football with being Scottish  it is the understanding that tippy tappy football with Nancy boys with no heart will never win in this league

1 hour ago, billscott said:

Agree with this Bill .A mixture of both would be ideal .It won’t be easy to find this nowadays though sadly 

41 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Graham Potter

a guy who is close to getting brighton relegated  who is similar to warburton and  wants to play tippy tappy football with no end product  at least brighton survived under hughton  not sure they will under potter

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Agree with this Bill .A mixture of both would be ideal .It won’t be easy to find this nowadays though sadly 

I have not thought of someone yet  just so sick I had to put my thoughts on paper  but teams in this league have sussed us out  get in their faces and we are fucked

1 hour ago, billscott said:

I never said anything about big lumps with no technical ability I said physical players there is a big difference  don't know how long you have been watching gers for me it is over 60 yrs we always had physical players but players with ability  I am sick of going to places like tynecastle  rugby park etc and watching us getting bullied again I never said anything about route 1 football  and again you can understand Scottish football with being Scottish  it is the understanding that tippy tappy football with Nancy boys with no heart will never win in this league

There was an article posted on here just a day or two ago that discussed some of these issues.  Scottish football has more long balls than most leagues, including England.  So the high press is less effective when the oppositions first pass is a punt in to our penalty area.  The game in Scotland is also refereed differently than other places and is generally more physical.  Gerrard has brought in a lot of technical players which is most probably the reason we’re doing so well in Europe.  While physicality and technical ability aren’t mutually exclusive finding guys who are the complete package isn’t easy, or cheap.  Rangers can move towards a more physical and direct brand of football but it would be removed from the more modern approach everyone else in Europe is taking.  

I agree we need more physicality.  A big commanding CF would be a start.  But, we shouldn’t write off everything we’ve worked towards until now either.  

Archived