Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Ajer and Jullien do not have one nasty streak in them at all. 

Yeah in hindsight I was stretching a bit there. Desperate to try and win the argument rather than just say nah you are right..

Doesn’t help my “argument” either when Dykes comes out today and says he thinks Jullien is timid and says that he loves to rough him up :lol:

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate of course they would! Ake, Fraser, Wilson, King to name four would be better than more or less anyone playing up here.

The point I'm making really is that with good enough players you can win up here playing 'tippy tappy' football if you want to call it that. You have to be able to put your foot in of course, but I just strongly disagree with what seems like a growing feeling that we need to rip everything up and re-set with a Warnock/Pulis style manager who is going to play long ball percentage physical first football.

I agree we don't need to tear everything up and go with a crazy gang style of football. 

What we do need is a balance. In addition to our technical strengths, I'd like a couple of players with a bit of grit/steel to them. Players that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck when things aren't going to plan and push the side forward. 

The way this clusterfuck is unravelling, I think players know Gerrards time is up and he's cheerio and his go to chums are brickng it.

This team have given up. As to who replaces him, outwith Klopp, PepG, Pochettino, I'm struggling, so Murty it will be.

What I find worrying from Gerrard, is that he is not showing the positivity and leadesrship needed to move on from the current predicament. Too much negativity and deflection and making excuses for those who have failed, when he doesn't even need to go there. You simply cannot defend the undefendible. That is what confirms you the loser, everyone already thinks you are. No changes made in system or personnel, just the same shite in response to the alarm bell ringing. If it was a fire we'd all be dead. This tells me he is no leader in his failure to learn, to rejig a failing format and to reinvigourate the squad. 

Then the talk of a replacement, but no matter how bad we think Gerrard's replacement ends up being, we go again and we'll behind him, well, for two minutes anyway, but for me what is more important is the the health of the club as a business, as ultimately that will determine how successful on the park we can be.  We sit with a gaping hole in the accounts and the court battle with Ashley continues and I find it worrying that we need EL group stage to finance the burgeoning wage bill.

After Gerrard, sadly I am seeing us go back to go forward. This board simply cannot be resting easy with the balance sheet as it is unsustainable.. We can all bury our heads in the sand and ignore the elephant in the room, but ultimately that elephant will determine our future success or not.  King has given up the ghost and there is nothing coming from Park, so what next?

I doubt we will be getting any high flying manager with a large kitty to start again.

This current clusterfuck has taken the wind from our sails and now look rudderless.

Sadly we will reap what we have sewn, so we just await as to how this current predicament unravells.

Time to support Stevie. We are still improving. We will be further ahead than the 3rd place team in the league than last year at the end of season and have gone further in the EL. Scottish cup was a bad one but we should have won LC. We will come through this bad spell and we know what’s required for next year....two big strikers, right back to compete with Tav and midfield destroyer.

2 hours ago, Mcloy_72 said:

If swap miller for Duncan Ferguson with Barry assistant.

I love wee Barry and he's Rangers to the core..... but ffs get rid of Gerrard for a guy who struggled to  hack it at Clyde?  Took them on a 3 month losing streak in league 2 before he resigned. 

Can’t believe some of the suggestions on this. Only way forward is to have players who aren’t bottle merchants and will be able to rise to the standards that Steven Gerrard asks them to. He’s found out who has the cojones for this now. He’s with us for next season. Getting rid of Gerrard will set us back years again.  

29 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Can’t believe some of the suggestions on this. Only way forward is to have players who aren’t bottle merchants and will be able to rise to the standards that Steven Gerrard asks them to. He’s found out who has the cojones for this now. He’s with us for next season. Getting rid of Gerrard will set us back years again.  

Therein lies the rub, he remains to stand by his bottle merchants. 

No need for him to slag them off publicly or try to defend the undefendible as he simply needs to just drop them. No fuss.

Gerrard leaving only sets us back because we have no major cash for a rebuild that a new manager would want, but if we keep him, he continues as he appears intent on doing, with more of the same shite with the same players. 

The alarm bell has rung and he didn't respond.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Therein lies the rub, he remains to stand by his bottle merchants. 

No need for him to slag them off publicly or try to defend the undefendible as he simply needs to just drop them. No fuss.

Gerrard leaving only sets us back because we have no major cash for a rebuild that a new manager would want, but if we keep him, he continues as he appears intent on doing, with more of the same shite with the same players. 

The alarm bell has rung and he didn't respond.

I’m hoping this last few weeks has done it mate. Fuck me, getting rid of him will not only cost us, but think of who could we bring in. Who would want the job?  This is a fucking clusterfuck with some of the cunts we have playing for us. We don’t have the money to rebuild and get rid of some of these fuckers. There is no overnight solution here. Would rather stay with Gerrard and let him weed out this lot. Not everything he has done has been bad. His learning curve is over though. 

A good result on Sunday followed by similar in Europe at Ibrox will reduce the feverishness .

Knee jerk reactions will only take us backwards.

W e have a good coaching team in place and we have improved markedly  but the players need to get that inner steely  resolve  if they want to remain at Rangers.

No longer are we there for a drubbing by sellick conceding nine goals in two games against them  before Gerrard  and our Euopean form is excellent.

Domestically......disaster.

But lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.Ignore media hype from the likes of Sutton and his fellow haters.

They will promote an agenda that will harm us not benefit us.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’m hoping this last few weeks has done it mate. Fuck me, getting rid of him will not only cost us, but think of who could we bring in. Who would want the job?  This is a fucking clusterfuck with some of the cunts we have playing for us. We don’t have the money to rebuild and get rid of some of these fuckers. There is no overnight solution here. Would rather stay with Gerrard and let him weed out this lot. Not everything he has done has been bad. His learning curve is over though. 

I get all that you are saying, but it appears he is not weeding any of them out.

He is sending out all the wrong messages and trying to defend the undefendible, when we should be hearing positivity and seeing the consequences for those who have continually failed by simply dropping them.

Any good leader would have gave the positive inspirational sound bytes. Made the gestures showing things are changing by dropping the offenders.

Basically he is advocating the same shite by defending it and that does not bode well either.

He is looking every bit the man reluctant to change.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I get all that you are saying, but it appears he is not weeding any of them out.

He is sending out all the wrong messages and trying to defend the undefendible, when we should be hearing positivity and seeing the consequences for those who have continually failed by simply dropping them.

Any good leader would have gave the positive inspirational sound bytes. Made the gestures showing things are changing by dropping the offenders.

Basically he is advocating the same shite by defending it and that does not bode well either.

He is looking every bit the man reluctant to change.

Know what you’re saying, but right now he doesn’t have much choice as there’s no window to buy and change the team. We’re stuck with these cunts until the end of the season. If he turns on them now we are well and truly fucked. I’m afraid now it’s the end of the season for changes. 

24 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Know what you’re saying, but right now he doesn’t have much choice as there’s no window to buy and change the team. We’re stuck with these cunts until the end of the season. If he turns on them now we are well and truly fucked. I’m afraid now it’s the end of the season for changes. 

Just how hard is it to change Tav? Patterson and Polster are a shoe in. 

Why all the defence of Goldson when others have been thrown straight under the bus. Throw Katic in against Ross County ans show there are consequences. If we can't beat the likes of RC without Goldson, then Gerrard is a worse manager than even I think him to be. Not to mention we've already been humped by the two worst teans in the league, so wtf does that say about his management.

Mate Gerrard is showing all the signs of being in total denial and I'd strongly suggest he has already lost the dressing room and he is going and many will be happy at that and not without good cause tbh.

As many have said, no other manager would have been given such grace with these results. These players are what they are, but he picks them and sets them up and at the end of the day he is accountable. He has only brought in 32 players in two years after all.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Just how hard is it to change Tav? Patterson and Polster are a shoe in. 

Why all the defence of Goldson when others have been thrown straight under the bus. Throw Katic in against Ross County ans show there are consequences. If we can't beat the likes of RC without Goldson, then Gerrard is a worse manager than even I think him to be. Not to mention we've already been humped by the two worst teans in the keague, so wtf does that say about his managemeny.

Mate Gerrard is showing all the signs of being in total denial and I'd strongly suggest he has already lost the dressing room and he is going and many will be happy at that and not without good cause tbh.

As many have said, no other manager would have been given such grace with these results. These players are what tgey are, but he picks them and sets them up and at tge end of the day he is accountable. He has only brought in 32 players in two years after all.

Granted mate, yes, I would play other guys from the squad. But it’s still the same squad. Tavernier wouldn’t play again for us if it was up to me, also Goldson needs dropped. The midfield just destroys me at times yet this team has done so well in Europe. It’s fucking mind boggling. This year has been a roller coaster for sure. Saving grace has been the cash coming from Europa. Next year has to be when serious money is put into the team. The fans have done their bit. Time to reward them. 

Archived