Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Granted mate, yes, I would play other guys from the squad. But it’s still the same squad. Tavernier wouldn’t play again for us if it was up to me, also Goldson needs dropped. The midfield just destroys me at times yet this team has done so well in Europe. It’s fucking mind boggling. This year has been a roller coaster for sure. Saving grace has been the cash coming from Europa. Next year has to be when serious money is put into the team. The fans have done their bit. Time to reward them. 

Mate, I also don't see where any serious money is coming from, bar an oligarch coming in. There's 10 mil hole in the accounts and that doesn't go away next season either, so there's 20 mil needed to balance the books before you sell a player. King is no longer here to underwrite the losses and Park's a tight wad pauper by comparison.

So we need to qualify for the EL groups and that's not a tap in.

This summer we reach a tipping point. Which way it goes is anyone's guess.

To add if Gerrard would show just one sign that he has learned and open to change, then I could 100% back him, but thus far in this crises, he has shown nothing but beligerence and deflection and as I said, he's already lost the majority of the players.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mate, I also don't see where any serious money is coming from, bar an oligarch coming in. There's 10 mil hole in the accounts and that doesn't go away next season either, so there's 20 mil needed to balance the books before you sell a player. King is no longer here to underwrite the losses and Park's a tight wad pauper by comparison.

So we need to qualify for the EL groups and that's not a tap in.

This summer we reach a tipping point. Which way it goes is anyone's guess.

To add if Gerrard would show just one sign that he has learned and open to change, then I could 100% back him, but thus far in this crises, he has shown nothing but beligerence and deflection and as I said, he's already lost the majority of the players.

Fair comments mate. I think we’re on the same page. It’s time. 

48 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

but right now he doesn’t have much choice as there’s no window to buy and change the team.

This.

Between a rock and a hard place.

If we didn’t have the EL I reckon he’d make wholesale changes for the remaining games and get ready for next season but he can’t as he has the euro ties to play and a place in the quarter finals up for grabs.

With that in mind he isnt going to come and publicly humiliate the mainstays (rightly or wrongly) of the team.

If i were Gerrard I’d lay a marker and take the captaincy off Tav.  He’s got the perfect opportunity if Tav’s injured.

You never know, Tav’s performances might improve with less responsibility on his shoulders and Davis/Goldson form might improve if it went to one  of them.

49 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Know what you’re saying, but right now he doesn’t have much choice as there’s no window to buy and change the team. We’re stuck with these cunts until the end of the season. If he turns on them now we are well and truly fucked. I’m afraid now it’s the end of the season for changes. 

Sobering as fuck thought that but correct. 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

This.

Between a rock and a hard place.

If we didn’t have the EL I reckon he’d make wholesale changes for the remaining games and get ready for next season but he can’t as he has the euro ties to play and a place in the quarter finals up for grabs.

With that in mind he isnt going to come and publicly humiliate the mainstays (rightly or wrongly) of the team.

If i were Gerrard I’d lay a marker and take the captaincy off Tav.  He’s got the perfect opportunity if Tav’s injured.

You never know, Tav’s performances might improve with less responsibility on his shoulders and Davis/Goldson form might improve if it went to one  of them.

Oh right, another window to top up on the 32 he's already brought in.

You do understand that this shows he couldn't pick his nose, far less a player.

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh right, another window to top up on the 32 he's already brought in.

You do understand that this shows he couldn't pick his nose, far less a player.

And presumably you understand he’s got a restricted budget to do so and he started with a truly terrible squad 🙂

Up till January the vast majority on here seemed perfectly happy with the job he was doing and content with the majority of the players....I certainly was, as were all my mates.

The players clearly have the skill, as evidenced August to January, but lack the mental strength to withstand the sustained pressure to succeed at Rangers.

Unfortunately the only way you can really find out about a player’s mental resilience  is when things take a turn for the worst.

Dont see SG going anywhere , but before his appointment I went for Warnock or , for a gamble , Graham Potter . I don't think either would come now .

Put your mortgage on Derek McInnes if there is a change . 

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

And presumably you understand he’s got a restricted budget to do so and he started with a truly terrible squad 🙂

Up till January the vast majority on here seemed perfectly happy with the job he was doing and content with the majority of the players....I certainly was, as were all my mates.

The players clearly have the skill, as evidenced August to January, but lack the mental strength to withstand the sustained pressure to succeed at Rangers.

Unfortunately the only way you can really find out about a player’s mental resilience  is when things take a turn for the worst.

The flaws wre also apparent in the first half of the season as the threads in here attest to. Was just a matter of time before they caught up with us. 

What they clearly have is shitebaggery, set up in a rigid system that no a cunt can play in to their potential and a manager who refuses to change it. You don't have to be fucking Einstein to understand that it isn't working.

As for mental strength, many of those we have are at the wrong club and some playing netball.  You can spot a players mentality and character within one game. Gerrard seems to overlook that, but fuck knows what ekse he is looking at, because it aint technical ability.

As I said, 32 players of his pick and we are still dung. That's the record.

But what gets me most of all is his deflection and denial and defending the indefensible when it's his bum chums who are fucking it up week in week out.

35 minutes ago, beararse said:

Bang on.

The last 8 weeks have turned the opinion of many on this site, whilst ignoring the fact that the same players and manager had actually got us into a position where destiny was in our own hands at the end of 2019.  

The fall since then has been monumental, and has to be addressed, but I’m sticking with SG for next season.  

Notwithstanding the fact he needs to weed out the non-hackers from the squad ASAP.

47 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

As I said, 32 players of his pick and we are still dung. That's the record.

Those  32 dung players under a supposedly clueless manager have gotten us into the last 16 of the EL and achieved the group stages from the first qualification round TWICE in two seasons: something no other team has ever done once before, let alone twice.

Not only that, they’ve only lost 3 times in 30 EL games (one of which we were robbed by an offside decision  and the other two were down to basic individual errors) against the likes of Porto, Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal, Feyeonord,  Young Boys and Braga.

howd’you explain that one if they’re all dung?

It certainly wasn’t through luck. Can’t really think of any decision or passage of play in Europe which was lucky and led to an advantage, can you?

41 minutes ago, beararse said:

Those  32 dung players and clueless manager have gotten us into the last 16 of the EL and achieved the group stages from the first qualification round TWICE in two seasons: something no other team has ever done once before, let alone twice.

Not only that, they’ve only lost 3 times in 30 EL games (one of which we were robbed by an offside decision  and the other two were down to basic individual errors) against the likes of Porto, Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal, Feyeonord,  Young Boys and Braga.

howd’you explain that one if they’re all dung?

It certainly wasn’t through luck. Can’t really think of any decision or passage if play in Europe which was lucky and led to an advantage, can you?

The EL run has been incredible but ultimately domestic football is our bread and butter and we have been awful.

The EL won’t give him credit in the bank forever. If Spurs can sack Pochettino less than six months after he takes them to the Champions League final then the EL run we have had is potentially not going to be enough to save Gerrard either.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The EL run has been incredible but ultimately domestic football is our bread and butter and we have been awful.

The EL won’t five him credit in the bank forever. If Spurs can sack Pochettino less than six months after he takes them to the Champions League final then the EL run we have had is potentially not going to be enough to save Gerrard either.

Fucksake mate, you don't half speak common sense.

Will it catch on ? Doubt it.

29 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Bang on.

The last 8 weeks have turned the opinion of many on this site, whilst ignoring the fact that the same players and manager had actually got us into a position where destiny was in our own hands at the end of 2019.  

The fall since then has been monumental, and has to be addressed, but I’m sticking with SG for next season.  

Notwithstanding the fact he needs to weed out the non-hackers from the squad ASAP.

Yep.

Forums are fickle and knee  jerk in nature.

They exaggerate and exacerbate  the highs and lows and polarise opinion (eg. They’ve clearly had to train to hard in Dubai v’s beast those fuckers on the Gullane sand dunes)

Truth is that we just have a squad which struggles under the weight of expectation. It can happen to the very best on occasions, it will almost certainly  happen to the mediocre.

If they can’t handle being in a winning position or being asked to run about a lot during a winter break then they should be moved on.

Transfer windows restrict that movement so we (and Gerrard) are stuck with them for the time being.

They either have to grow and pair and play for the mighty Rangers or risk playing for Scunthorpe.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The EL won’t five him credit in the bank forever. If Spurs can sack Pochettino less than six months after he takes them to the Champions League final then the EL run we have had is potentially not going to be enough to save Gerrard either.

Agreed. Domestically we’ve been very poor since Xmas.

The thrust (and context) of my post was that they clearly aren’t dung.

Dung would get fucked out the EL early doors.

Whether the EL run should keep in his role will continue to divide fans.

I believe it shows he has the underlying capabilities to turn it around: sometimes it’s better the devil you know than the devil you don’t.

Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I agree with most of that HOWEVER Spurs sacked Pottechino in the knowledge they were replacing him with Mourinho.

If Mourinho or someone of that calibre was being lined up for the Rangers job I’d be more than happy to send Gerrard packing.

That ain’t going to happen tho is it? 
Would you  honestly risk sacking Gerrard and replacing him with Sam Allerdyce, Neil Warnock, Alex Neil or Sean Dyke?

And let’s face it,  those four are the very best we could expect to take over.

Someone at board level has a decision to make, do we risk SG being at the helm for another season, failure next season would be cataclysmic for the whole club. If and when a decision is arrived at, the decision maker(s) will have to stand by any or no decision, good or bad.

Archived