McGregor needs dropped

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He can’t be dropped as Wes just isn’t good enough yet (if ever). My worry is that he only has a year, maybe 2 left and there’s been no moves to get a decent back up or try and enhance foderingham. 

In the formation we play he’s better than McGregor imo

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Alan McGregor must be sick of the shit in front of him.

Its definitely not long balls that’s the problem. He plays it short to Goldson and Goldson take 12 touches before panicking under pressure. 

I think McGregor would prefer to play it long now and again but it looks like team orders to play short.

No way I would drop him. I would be more inclined to make him captain. At least he opens his mouth. 👍

2 minutes ago, George McLean said:

Aye, let's drop a goalkeeper who has proven time and time again that he's a top quality goalkeeper. Do you actually realise that he is, without a doubt, the best keeper playing in  Scottish football at this time

Have you seen McGregor recently.? Shot stopper second to none. But else where diabolical 

His only negative is the fact he doesn't come off his line often enough to deal with balls over the top which then puts pressure on a defender running back to his own goal

Apart from that he's the least of our problems, as others have said he must be absolutely sick of the shite thats in front of him

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He can’t be dropped as Wes just isn’t good enough yet (if ever). My worry is that he only has a year, maybe 2 left and there’s been no moves to get a decent back up or try and enhance foderingham. 

He's nearly 30!

You'd think with hardly any competitive football in 2 years he will only have regressed as a player too.

12 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I think Alan McGregor must be sick of the shit in front of him.

Its definitely not long balls that’s the problem. He plays it short to Goldson and Goldson take 12 touches before panicking under pressure. 

I think McGregor would prefer to play it long now and again but it looks like team orders to play short.

No way I would drop him. I would be more inclined to make him captain. At least he opens his mouth. 👍

Does he trust the back 4 to do the job, hence bypassing them with a long ball to midfield?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Does he trust the back 4 to do the job, hence bypassing them with a long ball to midfield

I think he has very little trust in the back 4 but if the manager says he needs to play out from the back he needs to do it sadly.  McGregor must be so frustrated with it. 

McGregor has been sloppy in recent weeks but so has the rest of the team. But, hes also kept us in games and stopped results from getting worse. We need a decent long term replacement though, of that there's no doubt. Dropping him isn't the answer though.

17 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Have you seen McGregor recently.? Shot stopper second to none. But else where diabolical 

So what we need is a keeper who ain't as good as McGregor at saving shots ?

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Why not?

I don’t like keepers being captains as they are stuck at the back, should always be an outfield player. 

that’s not to say that McGregor shouldn’t be ripping cunts apart, he absolutely should and you don’t need to be captain to be justified in doing that. 

Never thought I’d see this to be honest.

apart from Morelos he’s carried us with plenty of good if not great saves during the season, every goalkeeper will make mistakes through the season but it seems like Rangers fan’s are always looking for this perfect player wether that’s goalie or striker-  they have faults and only messi and ronaldo are the ones that look to have no faults at all, maybe they have wee cocks instead of being crap or inconsistent footballers.

the fact is we have flakey wee boys in the team and we just won’t win anything with that set up in the clogger league. Drop McGregor??  I say drop that bottle of buck fast first.

13 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I think he has very little trust in the back 4 but if the manager says he needs to play out from the back he needs to do it sadly.  McGregor must be so frustrated with it. 

If the manager instructs McGregor to do that, then he also doesn't trust the back 4 to get the job done correctly.

These players were brought to the table by Allen, I wonder who the manager would have chosen if he had full control of the recruiting process. 

Archived