How to win the league next year?

Rumblepack

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my tuppenceworth

We need good hard solid experienced pros to take on the senior roles in the team.i.e stick the boot in when needed

Our senior pros are Defoe, Davis, Greegsie.2 of them under 5ft 5 and soft as shite and the other acts like a child at times

Hope i'm wrong but giving Defoe a contract might come back to bite us.I'm  relatively happy with Greegs despite my earlier moan but the other 2 need replacing for hard bastards

6 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Get rid of the spineless ones...or boot their balls 1000 times till they make way for a new set. 

In this day and age of analysts for just about everything they do, then fuck me we need to seriously take a good look at our sports physiologists as the players have shown they can compete this season and last up until the winter break when all of a sudden shit gets real and they shit the bed. It’s mentality over ability and we’re lacking massively in that regard 

On 05/03/2020 at 18:44, Rumblepack said:

I now the 9 is gone now but its got to be minded that the first part of the season it felt like we could stop it 100 % so what do you in your opinion think needs to be done to stop the ten.

just what needs to happen sort of realisticly iyo for the ten to be stopped. or what kind of things do you think the club should do to stop then ten?  or how could it generally be stopped in your opinion.  how do we win the league next year what needs to happen and what do we need to do?  stopping the ten is everything imo.

Keep reminding them that it's not 10 they're going for, its 2 this year.

The rest of them are tainted. 

Get a few hardworking, physical midfielders In the team, so we’re defensively solid from midfield to back and get a few ‘no bullshit’ ex players in as backroom staff, like Ferguson, Rae and Souness(longshot) who can drill into the team the standards that must be set.

I don't know what to do in all honesty.  All I know is we need Conor Goldson to get there.

For some reason 

13 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Who was the player, I can't remember.

Had scored 10 in 7 or 8 and Walter called him to the office, asked him how he thought he was doing.

"I think I'm doing alright boss."

-This is Rangers son. Alright isnae fucking good enough.

Kris Boyd? 

Genuinely don't know, just trying to ring a bell in yer noggin. 

26 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

In this day and age of analysts for just about everything they do, then fuck me we need to seriously take a good look at our sports physiologists as the players have shown they can compete this season and last up until the winter break when all of a sudden shit gets real and they shit the bed. It’s mentality over ability and we’re lacking massively in that regard 

Is there such a thing as a sports psychiatrist? Cause a psychologist doesn't have a script book to prescribe anti-jekkle and hyde syndrome. 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is there such a thing as a sports psychiatrist? Cause a psychologist doesn't have a script book to prescribe anti-jekkle and hyde syndrome. 

I know a bent pharmacist that’ll get you whatever is required 😉

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Cheers 👍

Fuck, was I right then? Was going to write McCoust at first but he was a hero by the time Walter was his main boss and didn't need told what he had to do. 

Still stuns me that Walter picked him to be his successor when he said in his book that he could never be a manager as he didn't have that kinda quality that was needed to tell players they weren't playing or whatever else a manager has to do. I guess man-management was what he was talking about.  I think Gerrard might be suffering the same. 

If Polster doesn't get a start ahead of Flanagan tomorrow then I think I might parachute into the stadium  "Flanno?" Written on the underside of my canopy before I landed on Gerard and knocked him out with a leg lock.

7 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

It's Lovenkrands I can hear telling the story, must have been telling it on RTV commentary some night.

If it was Lovenkrands, then it must've been Boyd as he's the only play I can think of that would've been able to score 6 in 10 during Walter's second spell, but I'm not sure that Boyd and Lovenkrands ever played in the same team??

13 hours ago, GOAT said:

How to win the league?  Easy. 

image.jpeg.6a38b47586d149dfc931e352d24355fb.jpeg

Sad thing is, that is exactly what is required and would definitely get the results we want. 

First thing he done when he replaced PLG was bring in a back line whose only thought was to boot the ball as far away as possible from our goal.  

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If it was Lovenkrands, then it must've been Boyd as he's the only play I can think of that would've been able to score 6 in 10 during Walter's second spell, but I'm not sure that Boyd and Lovenkrands ever played in the same team??

No, I don't think they ever did. It was just an anecdote that someone who I think was PL came out with during commentary on RTV one night.

It most probably was Boyd he was talking about.

59 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I don't believe it is mentality at all or anything to do with psychological issues. They're a bunch of lazy complacent spineless boys that thought they could take their foot off the gas and have nothing to worry about.....that and something has happened between them all and they being overpaid b*tches having a massive b*tchfit with each other. Unprofessional girlymen.  They can play in Europe but suddenly get all edgy in the Domestic games. Not buying it. Not convinced by any of the excuses people are coming up with. 

Archived