Team for rest of season?

6superbarry6

This won’t happen. People thought it would when Warburton was sacked, when Caixinha was sacked and then when it went tits up under Murty. It didn’t then. Gerrard won’t do it either.

Rightly or wrongly you’ll struggle to find a manger anywhere who shitcans four or five established first team players in favour of squad players and kids for an extended period of time, regardless of how badly the players are playing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

So the rumours are true. No wonder Gerrard keeps picking him, because he's a fucking donkey of a player.

Hate slagging off our players BA but I’m well past the sell by date on Tav .He has to leave ASAP for our club to progress 

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This won’t happen. People thought it would when Warburton was sacked, when Caixinha was sacked and then when it went tits up under Murty. It didn’t then. Gerrard won’t do it either.

Rightly or wrongly you’ll struggle to find a manger anywhere who shitcans four or five established first team players in favour of squad players and kids for an extended period of time, regardless of how badly the players are playing.

You are probably right sadly 

And sadly for SG .It will be the end for him sooner than later 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

McGregor 

Patterson  Katic Edmundson Barisic 

Polster   

Jones                 Hagi                Aribo

Kamberi        Defoe

Thank fuck someone can see its not just the personel and that our formation is also the problem. I'd welcome this.

There is no doubt all our players are in a rut but on their day Goldson. Kent & Morelos can be really good and that is why they get selected. I refuse to say that about Tavernier however.

Our players have let us down more than the teams Gerrard selects.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Thank fuck someone can see its not just the personel and that our formation is also the problem. I'd welcome this.

Hagi simply needs to be in the middle dictating play. His vision and ability are unmatched.

Polster would make a cracking defensive midfielder from the bits I've seen and no shitebaggery about him.

Kamberi up front to give us that physicality and height. Looks a promising player.

I feel these positions are key. The spine, with others you can you mix and match to suit, bringing in Jack, Kent and so on. Just none of Stevie's chosen few!

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No sane cunt drops Tav for Polster, but especially Morelos for Kamberi.

Or play two centre halves who need someone to talk them through games and even then both struggle like fuck.

Goldson rightly got the bulk of the shit aimed at him for his monumental fuck up but Edmundson actually had a worse game. Won absolutely fuck all in the air.

Goldson glows with calamity, no wonder night fridge was shattered playing wi that donkey, no confidence throughout the team.

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hagi simply needs to be in the middle dictating play. His vision and ability are unmatched.

Polster would make a cracking defensive midfielder from the bits I've seen and no shitebaggery about him.

Kamberi up front to give us that physicality and height. Looks a promising player.

I feel these positions are key. The spine, with others you can you mix and match to suit, bringing in Jack, Kent and so on. Just none of Stevie's chosen few!

Thing is, with Gerrards chosen few as you call them on top of their game that formation would be better but we need to start with the likes of Polster Kamberi etc to make these guys realuse their positions are uo for grabs. Get their hunger back.

I'd like to see all the players get some game time from now until end of season. Colour code: Captain. Vice Captain

Team 1

GK McGregor 

LB Barisic CB Hellander CB Edmundson, RB Polster 

LW Hasti/LW Kent  CM Jack CM Aribo, RW ?

AM Hagi,

CF Kamberi/CF Stewart  

Team 2

GK Foderingham/ GK Firth

LB Youth, CB Goldson, CB Katic, RB Flannagan/ RB Tav

LW Jones/LW Barker,  DM Halliday, DM Kamera/CM Davis , RW Ojo 

CF Defoe

CF Stewart

Bench: CF Morelos  (Apply when needed)    

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Katic has as much mistakes in him as Goldson possibly 

Yet gives us a little more attacking threat .I would like to see him with someone else ,other the moaning faced ,50p head Goldson 

Somewhat tongue in cheek,  maybe try Katic at C.F. at least he might get some headers on target & score an odd one, Goldson seldom looks like scoring from set pieces despite winning a lot of headers. 

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Polster and Jones 🤢

I get Goldson should be dropped completely but c’mon to fuck, Katic and Edmundson have been fucking stinking anaw.

Kamberi was gash on Wednesday.

Just throw in the youth.

I did suggest in the Hamilton match thread that at least one youngster should have played,  but cant see it now until after Europa and septic games,  then a couple of younger players should be given a chance. 

By all means very one or two of the 0laying staff so they can recover their confidence. The main thing though needs to be a change of approach and being quick and brave in attack, simple and brutal in defence. Weve all spotted the charge up the park until there's a herd of opposition players, stop, pass back or sideways until the penalty box plus packed. But lots of passes went astray because someone didn't make the run.

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly while we are in Europe 

Tav and Goldson could score 2 own goals a piece in the next 2 games and still be in first 11 .If not injured 

Yeah , neither have a place here imo,  but while we're still in Europe I think we'd have to play them .

3 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Somewhat tongue in cheek,  maybe try Katic at C.F. at least he might get some headers on target & score an odd one, Goldson seldom looks like scoring from set pieces despite winning a lot of headers. 

I would suggest he doesn’t win the headers mate

He is big enough for the ball to find this big lump of wood on his own unmarked .Yet he continually misses the target with his headers .Fucking consistently awful with his efforts 

I can think of some incredible sitters over last few years .Game changers where if he scores and doesn’t .And the other team have went to score .

I hate his attitude to players around him,He is miles from being a centre half of a championship winning side .It will never be with us .

You can’t argue you with his European record ,so that tells you he is organised when the play is in front of him .Ball over the top or players running at him on his own .More of a problem for him 
Won’t be dropped as long as SG is here 

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Shocked that anyone has Aribo in their team, tbh.

As big a shitebag as Ojo.

I’ve went right off him .He isn’t as bad as Ojo mind .I would say Ojo has 0/5 good impact games .Aribo would say maybe 2/5 but you are right .He is definitely not what we need if we go behind .He goes into his shell and does fuck all to get us back into the game 

Another I would get rid of in summer 

33 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Shocked that anyone has Aribo in their team, tbh.

As big a shitebag as Ojo.

Been saying that since he arrived, a total shitebag, watch him off the ball, he stands about most of the time looks knackered at 60 mins

Archived