Defenders badly needed

BLUEDIGNITY

Obviously this lot are not going to cut the mustard going forward, right back? commanding CB? You build the team from the back? Probably Greegs will get the Captains role in the short term but always better an outfield player defender or midfield pushing forward in that role? Where will they come from? 

6 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If Barasic goes in the summer we will need to buy a whole new back line, as the one we have got is not up to the task of defending.

I’d get rid of Tav, Goldson, Kamara, Morelos in the summer. Barisic I’d rather keep but if we get 12+ for him there’s no option. 

Bring in 15 total for Kamara, Tav + Goldson. Morelos 15, Barisic 12.

Get a complete rebuild of the core team, it’s needed. 

Going to be hard to get the perfect balance of no nonsense and a ball player, let’s face it if we signed big hardy tacklers but they couldn’t cut it in Europe and we got slaughtered then the same folks that are wanting Gerrard gone would still be saying the same next year.

47 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

No doubt get shot for this but I have always liked Halket as a defender. Brave and no nonsense and can chip in with a few goals from set pieces. and he knows the league. 

Few mates who are Hearts fans they think he's fucking brutal

Things seems to have changed in the last few years as good teams always had a ball playing CB with a hard man alongside him. Every now and again you got lucky and got a player that combined the two like Gough and Butcher. You had limited CB’s that brought strength to the team like Tam Forsyth or John Brown that were not the most skilful but were all heart and guts. Thats what we need now plus a right back like Gary Stevens.

2 hours ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

No doubt get shot for this but I have always liked Halket as a defender. Brave and no nonsense and can chip in with a few goals from set pieces. and he knows the league. 

I'll admit I thought highly of him at Livingston and was disappointed when we didn't offer him a contract but he's been totally found out at Hearts. He wouldn't be an upgrade on Goldson, Helander, Edmundson, or Katic. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Helander and Katic. That's it. Katic gets found out because of the fraud he has to play beside every game he plays, hes young and needs guidance yet hes got Goldson.....

So it’s not Goldson’s fault then? 

Goldson’s to blame for his own mistakes, nobody else’s.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Helander and Katic. That's it. Katic gets found out because of the fraud he has to play beside every game he plays, hes young and needs guidance yet hes got Goldson.....

Goldson now getting blamed for Katic as well. I've heard it all. Bollocks.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So it’s not Goldson’s fault then? 

Goldson’s to blame for his own mistakes, nobody else’s.

Goldson should be the more experienced and help Katic out and guide him through the game and cover when needed. Countless times hes just left him to it. We've never played a string of games without Goldson at the back so always think it's down to his partner.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Goldson should be the more experienced and help Katic out and guide him through the game and cover when needed. Countless times hes just left him to it. We've never played a string of games without Goldson at the back so always think it's down to his partner.

Funny that Katic gets all the excuses made for him lol. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Funny that Katic gets all the excuses made for him lol. 

Not saying that. Katic makes errors like most centre backs his age but the difference is he gets dropped the next game when he does. Goldson could fire in 10 own goals and do a massive shite in front of the broomloan yet will still start the next game and the next and the next.

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Not saying that. Katic makes errors like most centre backs his age but the difference is he gets dropped the next game when he does. Goldson could fire in 10 own goals and do a massive shite in front of the broomloan yet will still start the next game and the next and the next.

Just checking, sarcasm or genuine thought?

12 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Obviously this lot are not going to cut the mustard going forward, right back? commanding CB? You build the team from the back? Probably Greegs will get the Captains role in the short term but always better an outfield player defender or midfield pushing forward in that role? Where will they come from? 

Think you've missed what's really happening....

We've only scored 15 goals in 12 domestic games since the winter break.  

To me our style of play (keep possession,  stretch teams get it wide and get crosses in) has been sussed.  Teams don't come out and pack their box making space fuckin impossible.  We get lucky the odd time but we have no alternative way of playing.  Our defence get caught napping because we're light at the back because of our style, and any mistake can be sooo dangerous.  I don't think we're bad defenders (see Europe), but we definitely need to find another way of playing.  We're so predictable now on the domestic scene.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

To me our style of play (keep possession,  stretch teams get it wide and get crosses in) has been sussed.  Teams don't come out and pack their box making space fuckin impossible.  We get lucky the odd time but we have no alternative way of playing.  Our defence get caught napping because we're light at the back because of our style, and any mistake can be sooo dangerous.  I don't think we're bad defenders (see Europe), but we definitely need to find another way of playing.  We're so predictable now on the domestic scene.

At last, someone with a bit of common sense!!

22 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Caught napping ? What in three game against bottom of the league in as many weeks? Do me a favour the defence is a shambles. 

57 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

:mutley:

Archived