Gerrard backing Goldson

Escobar

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Del said:

And who replaces him? Katic?

Who was all over the place against St Johnstone! Goldson might have overplayed and got caught on the ball, but Katic was ran ragged and was at fault for both St Johnstone's goals.

He was just as bad against Kilmarnock, everyone remembers Goldson being beaten to the flick on by Brophy but it was Katic that got caught under the ball (again) and beaten in the air.

We are in a position at the minute where for me Goldson has to play, regardless of form, as he is still better than those we have as back up.

You say against killie katic got caught under the ball and beaten in the air, yet you dont mention goldson doing the exact same against st johnstone that started their first goal

Why is that? 

Gerrard's actions show only one thing.

We are in for a lot more pain, that only the fucking coronavirus will save us from and he fucks off back down south to be with his nearest and dearest.

Wonder I'd he's got spare rooms for chums Tav and Goldson?!

15 minutes ago, Del said:

And who replaces him? Katic?

Who was all over the place against St Johnstone! Goldson might have overplayed and got caught on the ball, but Katic was ran ragged and was at fault for both St Johnstone's goals.

He was just as bad against Kilmarnock, everyone remembers Goldson being beaten to the flick on by Brophy but it was Katic that got caught under the ball (again) and beaten in the air.

We are in a position at the minute where for me Goldson has to play, regardless of form, as he is still better than those we have as back up.

Not the fucking point is it a d you know it!

He was quick enough to drop both Katic and Morelos.

The man's a two faced cowardly prick and ripping the piss out of this club.

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You say against killie katic got caught under the ball and beaten in the air, yet you dont mention goldson doing the exact same against st johnstone that started their first goal

Why is that? 

Firstly Goldson didnt get beaten in the air...the St Johnstone defender beats Hagi to the ball and heads it up the pitch, their attacker reacts to the ball and Goldson is behind him, yes he reacts to that but he isnt beaten in the air. Secondly, it doesnt lead to a chance at goal.

When Katic loses the aerial challenge (beaten in the air) against Kilmarnock the flick on leads to a chance at goal and ultimately an assist. For the St Johnstone goal although Goldson doesnt head the ball, Katic still has a chance to clear the ball, makes an arse of it, falls on his cunt and the attacker scores.

If you are looking to blame Goldson for that goal you might as well say it was Hagi's fault as he was "beaten in the air" before it got to Goldson...

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why is that? 

Katic looked out of place in his last three games, all at home. - Livingston ( McGregor bailed him out) , Braga and St Johnstone. That's the reason I stick with Goldson.

Just now, Del said:

Firstly Goldson didnt get beaten in the air...the St Johnstone defender beats Hagi to the ball and heads it up the pitch, their attacker reacts to the ball and Goldson is behind him, yes he reacts to that but he isnt beaten in the air. Secondly, it doesnt lead to a chance at goal.

When Katic loses the aerial challenge (beaten in the air) the flick on leads to a chance at goal and ultimately an assist. For the St Johnstone goal although Goldson doesnt head the ball, Katic still has a chance to clear the ball, makes an arse of it, falls on his cunt and the attacker scores.

If you are looking to blame Goldson for that goal you might as well say it was Hagi's fault as he was "beaten in the air" before it got to Goldson...

Goldson was pathetic for Kilmarnock winner he didn’t even attempt to put a tackle on brophy or even bring him down and take one for the team, he just let him get a free shot at goal.

43 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Next he’ll come out saying Tav is a great captain.

That article in the match programme made me feel sick at how weak a captain he is. How can anyone be inspired by such a limp attitude, just reeks of feeling sorry for themselves right through the squad.

The  reward for this? The manager keeps you as captain, the manager keeps playing you game after game no matter how shite the attitude no matter how shite the performance.

Total lack of balls from Gerrard and his stubbornness and favouritism will cost him his job at some point.

He has come out to defend Tav and Kent for comments:

they are 'only human' and won't always say the right things.

"I think with my players we’re not going to always say the right things.

“From time to time the players, or myself or the staff are going to get things wrong – especially in the heat of the moment.

We’re human beings, we’re not perfect, we don’t pretend to be perfect.

"At the same time we’re at a club where we need protection, we need people to look out for us at times and help us.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not the fucking point is it a d you know it!

He was quick enough to drop both Katic and Morelos.

The man's a two faced cowardly prick and ripping the piss out of this club.

Its exactly the point though...

We cant just drop players every time they make a mistake, especially when their potential replacement was dropped for making a number of mistakes over a 2-3 game period!

1 minute ago, Del said:

We cant just drop players every time they make a mistake, especially when their potential replacement was dropped for making a number of mistakes over a 2-3 game period!

You do realise he dropped edmunson after the hamilton away for one mistake 

2 minutes ago, Del said:

It's not.

He's persistently dug shite. The eyes don't lie, unless you're Stevie Wonder.

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Goldson was pathetic for Kilmarnock winner he didn’t even attempt to put a tackle on brophy or even bring him down and take one for the team, he just let him get a free shot at goal.

I would agree with that actually, he gets beaten by Brophys pace at the end of the day but he could possibly have done more to block him off.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

“From time to time the players, or myself or the staff are going to get things wrong – especially in the heat of the moment.

"At the same time we’re at a club where we need protection, we need people to look out for us at times and help us.

I think people are a bit over the top when he criticizes Katic but defending Kent & Tavernier for what they said especially during this awful period is just WRONG.

I honestly believe there has to be a split in the dressing room between Gerrard and his favourites and the ones that are almost used to be hung out to dry. 

There has to be, his treatment of different players is beyond comprehension. As a manager you either back them through everything they face or you publicly lambast them. You can’t just pick n choose what players you do that with

Most celtic fans criticise Gerrard for throwing players under the bus.  Here he’s showing support for one of his players after a mistake and the support want him sacked.  Dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn’t.  

When the fans have turned on him no answer will ever be the right one and I think we’ve reached that point.  

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I honestly believe there has to be a split in the dressing room between Gerrard and his favourites and the ones that are almost used to be hung out to dry. 

There has to be, his treatment of different players is beyond comprehension. As a manager you either back them through everything they face or you publicly lambast them. You can’t just pick n choose what players you do that with

There’s no evidence to support a split in the dressing room.  There was a guy on here a few hours ago who said he knew a first-team player and there was definitely no split in the dressing room.  He said the player were overworked in Dubai but that was about 10 weeks ago now.

12 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Ffs surely writing a piece for the match programme is hardly done in the 'heat of the moment'

Something is far from right with how he is happy to blame some players to the press, but defend others for the same type of mistake.  

I really am at the stage that I wish Stevie would just give up and resign, I think we are seeing the start of the end game now, but it will probably rumble on for a wee while yet.  

30 minutes ago, Del said:

When Katic loses the aerial challenge (beaten in the air) against Kilmarnock the flick on leads to a chance at goal and ultimately an assist. For the St Johnstone goal although Goldson doesnt head the ball, Katic still has a chance to clear the ball, makes an arse of it, falls on his cunt and the attacker scores.

Btw this is goldson at the st johnstone first goal

Not only has he stepped out of line with katic, leaving a massive gap in behind, but he doesnt even challenge the boy to try win the header 

Fuck knows what he is doing, but others want to put the full blame on the poor centre half who has to try cover for that fucking donkey

Screenshot_20200306-155007_YouTube.jpg

At least at the killie goal that you blame katc for, he challenged somewhat

Screenshot_20200306-155948_YouTube.thumb.jpg.490f567d99b2576b4bf39f4e66a780be.jpg

So how can you blame katic at the killie goal but not goldson at the st johnstone goal

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You do realise he dropped edmunson after the hamilton away for one mistake 

Its not as simple as that for me...

Katic was poor against Ross County away, especially on the ball, and then was even worse against Aberdeen at home...Edmundson came in for him against Hibs and although he scored he wasnt great, gave away too many fouls and got caught out a lot, then followed that up at Hamilton with another poor performance and was at fault for their goal.

I didnt have an issue with Katic being dropped the first time and also didnt have an issue with Edmundson being dropped then either. I was surprised when Katic was dropped after St Johnstone though, not because he didnt deserve it he was awful for 2-3-4 games, but I didnt think Gerrard would want to bring Edmundson back in to a game as big as Braga...people cant say hes a coward or scared to drop people as that was a huge decision that paid off.

Unfortunately thought Edmundson had another off night against Hearts and although Goldson had a nightmare being caught on the ball against Hamilton, defensively over the course of all those games hes not been anywhere near as bad as Katic or Edmundson!

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's not.

He's persistently dug shite. The eyes don't lie, unless you're Stevie Wonder.

He's persistently dug shite yet plays better and makes far less mistakes overall than the other 2 fit CBs we have at the moment...

The eye's dont lie, you are spot on, what lets us down occasionally is the old memory, which is why it helps to go back and watch the games, even the highlights, and see the state of our defending at times, especially when it comes to Katic and Edmundson.

1 minute ago, Del said:

Its not as simple as that for me...

Katic was poor against Ross County away, especially on the ball, and then was even worse against Aberdeen at home...Edmundson came in for him against Hibs and although he scored he wasnt great, gave away too many fouls and got caught out a lot, then followed that up at Hamilton with another poor performance and was at fault for their goal.

I didnt have an issue with Katic being dropped the first time and also didnt have an issue with Edmundson being dropped then either. I was surprised when Katic was dropped after St Johnstone though, not because he didnt deserve it he was awful for 2-3-4 games, but I didnt think Gerrard would want to bring Edmundson back in to a game as big as Braga...people cant say hes a coward or scared to drop people as that was a huge decision that paid off.

Unfortunately thought Edmundson had another off night against Hearts and although Goldson had a nightmare being caught on the ball against Hamilton, defensively over the course of all those games hes not been anywhere near as bad as Katic or Edmundson!

If edmunson giving away too many fouls and being caught out is worthy of dropping, then goldson would be sent to the reserves

The only centre half allowed to play through bad form, the only one who's allowed to play through mistakes, and keep his match fitness, and he still did what he did on wed night, 

Katic and helander have had a raw deal from gerrard compared to goldson

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

There’s no evidence to support a split in the dressing room.  There was a guy on here a few hours ago who said he knew a first-team player and there was definitely no split in the dressing room.  He said the player were overworked in Dubai but that was about 10 weeks ago now.

I think I’ll believe my own observations rather than the claims of a guy on a forum who claims to know a first team player. 

He has publicly called out 2-3 players for mistakes in his time here. 

He absolutely refuses to call out any of his favourite players he picks regardless of form or mentality. He’s even backed Tavs programme comments and went even further and said were at a club that needs help 😂😂

Mental to think that doesn’t create some sort of friction within the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Ffs surely writing a piece for the match programme is hardly done in the 'heat of the moment'

Something is far from right with how he is happy to blame some players to the press, but defend others for the same type of mistake.  

I really am at the stage that I wish Stevie would just give up and resign, I think we are seeing the start of the end game now, but it will probably rumble on for a wee while yet.  

Don't worry, the coronavirus may save us from much more pain and he can get back down south quicker that he thought.

TBH, I actually think he wants out and I won't be surprised if he has something lined up in the summer, because he must have some amount of contacts down there, so the pals act also at work. His stock is high down there and I'm sure many a mid table club would jump at the chance.

Archived