Gerrard backing Goldson

Escobar

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Currently, there is only one player to replace him and that is Katic. Between the two of them, it is Goldson all day long for me. If Helander was ready to go, I see a clearer argument.

Exactly.

How the fuck people can't see that is beyond me.

Katic and Edmundson both need someone with experience alongside them.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Exactly.

See if Goldson the experienced one who’s better with the ball at his feet why does Edmundson and katic need to get shifted to the left hand side of defence? Surely the experienced one should be playing in that position instead of the younger guys.

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

Goldson was brilliant against Braga a week ago.......ok he made 1 mistake against Hamilton but if we had pumped 4 in the other end none would care about Goldson error. Our problems are at the other end of the park and the middle of the park.

Did you say the same defence for katic when he made mistakes

25 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Exactly.

Katic and Edmundson both need someone with experience alongside them

Is he really that much more experienced though, before coming to us goldson had played the majority of his 162 games in league one and league 2 down south, 

Cause he's played more games doesnt mean he's good to play alongside, for all we know he doesnt talk them through the game or teach them anything 

Katic and edmunson arent half as bad as made out on here just as goldson isn't as good, with a run of games together i believe katic and edmunson could easily become a good pairing, but with europe coming up theres not a chance thats even considered 

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Is he really that much more experienced though, before coming to us goldson had played the majority of his 162 games in league one and league 2 down south, 

Cause he's played more games doesnt mean he's good to play alongside, for all we know he doesnt talk them through the game or teach them anything 

Katic and edmunson arent half as bad as made out on here just as goldson isn't as good, with a run of games together i believe katic and edmunson could easily become a good pairing, but with europe coming up theres not a chance thats even considered 

They've both been quoted as saying he does exactly that.

I want to love Katic but he's an absolute bombscare when he's off it. The basic ingredients are there for him to be a great defender but he was shocking all match against St Johnstone, he wasn't dropped for just one mistake.

I'm certainly no huge fan of Goldson btw, but he's by far and away the best and most consistent of a bad bunch. No worse than the scum's central defenders mind.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

They've both been quoted as saying he does exactly that.

I want to love Katic but he's an absolute bombscare when he's off it. The basic ingredients are there for him to be a great defender but he was shocking all match against St Johnstone, he wasn't dropped for just one mistake.

I'm certainly no huge fan of Goldson btw, but he's by far and away the best and most consistent of a bad bunch. No worse than the scum's central defenders mind.

Consistency comes from playing regularly, using that as a comparison between two guys who have been in and out more times than the hokey cokey is harsh imo

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Genuine question, what benefits do Katic and Edmundson get playing alongside an 'experienced' centre back that's no better than them? 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Genuine question, what benefits do Katic and Edmundson get playing alongside an 'experienced' centre back that's no better than them? 

Take it from one of the men themselves:

"It was great to have Connor beside me. He’s taken me under his wing and has been massive for me. People probably don’t notice the thing he does in games but he coaches you and acts like a captain.

He’s been really good for me and improves me every day. He’s a top professional and when we’re training and playing games he gives me little bits of advice."

Goldson is better than Edmundson but Big George has potential and a lot of luck with some of the howlers he gets away with. 
Katic should have kicked on this season. He looked brilliant after Helander got injured up to the winner he scored. He has not been as good since Dubai up to the awful game against St J with two errors that cost us the win. Big G deserved his chance.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Take it from one of the men themselves:

"It was great to have Connor beside me. He’s taken me under his wing and has been massive for me. People probably don’t notice the thing he does in games but he coaches you and acts like a captain.

He’s been really good for me and improves me every day. He’s a top professional and when we’re training and playing games he gives me little bits of advice."

You haven't answered my question at all. 

If you're either one if them on Sunday and see that donkey starting ahead of you you're fucking raging. 

I'm sure he's been a great influence for them bla, bla, bla but how good an influence/coach/whatever is he when nearly 2 years on and Katic hasnt improved much, if at all, playing next to him? He certainly hasnt improved enough to get the nod over Edmundson recently. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You haven't answered my question at all. 

If you're either one if them on Sunday and see that donkey starting ahead of you you're fucking raging. 

I'm sure he's been a great influence for them bla, bla, bla but how good an influence/coach/whatever is he when nearly 2 years on and Katic hasnt improved much, if at all, playing next to him? He certainly hasnt improved enough to get the nod over Edmundson recently. 

Mate you asked what benefits they get from playing with him and I've given you an actual quote from one of them saying he improves them every day ffs.

It's on Katic and Edmundson to build on their potential and cut out the sloppiness that they both have shown far more than Goldson despite playing what must be less than a quarter of the games in comparison between the pair of them.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate you asked what benefits they get from playing with him and I've given you an actual quote from one of them saying he improves them every day ffs.

It's on Katic and Edmundson to build on their potential and cut out the sloppiness that they both have shown far more than Goldson despite playing what must be less than a quarter of the games in comparison between the pair of them.

Who is ‘one of the men’?

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Hasn’t happened often, then....

Edmundson again:

"In training and when I first signed he has really helped me come on. I feel I’m learning off him every day and he just makes me a better person and a better player."

Katic:

"Conor has a lot of experience and he is always giving me instructions, trying to make life easier for me. He also speaks with me off the park all the time."

I'm only bringing any of this up to serve the point that both players lean on Goldson's experience in talking them through matches. Whilst Helander's out, Goldson has to play.

Goldson is actually a decent player, just seems he has got far too comfy in his role. He knows he won’t be dropped after many mistakes, not his fault, the mistakes are obviously, but the manager should drop him when needed to reinforce his benchmark of performance.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Edmundson again:

"In training and when I first signed he has really helped me come on. I feel I’m learning off him every day and he just makes me a better person and a better player."

Katic:

"Conor has a lot of experience and he is always giving me instructions, trying to make life easier for me. He also speaks with me off the park all the time."

I'm only bringing any of this up to serve the point that both players lean on Goldson's experience in talking them through matches. Whilst Helander's out, Goldson has to play.

And both been fairly flaky - dunno what he’s telling them.

He wouldn’t be my role model.

Archived