Gerrard backing Goldson

Escobar

33 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate you asked what benefits they get from playing with him and I've given you an actual quote from one of them saying he improves them every day ffs.

It's on Katic and Edmundson to build on their potential and cut out the sloppiness that they both have shown far more than Goldson despite playing what must be less than a quarter of the games in comparison between the pair of them.

Your last line is actually a problem coming from gerrard then 

If goldson is the calming, teaching experience these guys need then dropping them after nad performances wont help goldson talk them through their bad form, i know katic had been poor culminating in the st johnstone game, but how is he supposed to learn how to play his way oit of bad form if he is dropped

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

And both been fairly flaky - dunno what he’s telling them.

He wouldn’t be my role model.

No wonder they are fairly flakey, katic comes in from the cold against the tarriers, plays well, ending the year by scoring the OF winner, comes back after the winter break, plays 5 games with 4 clean sheets, doesnt cost a goal but was criticised against aberdeen (fucking criticising a defender in a 0-0 draw at home to Aberdeen is peak banter years tbh) and then binned for edmunson, 

Edmunson, who last played god knows how long ago, comes in, scores against hibs, plays against hamilton, gets criticism even though its his first games in months, then dropped again, he isnt allowed to be coached by goldson, isnt allowed to be coached out of a shakey performance, just dropped 

Katic, after missing two games, instead of being coached by the experienced defender after the sheep game, comes in against killie, watches goldson sell the winner that probably cost us the title, keeps a clean sheet against livi, plays in the win against braga at home, then has a howler at St johnstone, and instead of being coached, probably when he'll need it most, he is flung to the side again

If goldson is such a mentoring figure, such a good coach and provides valuable experience, then neither katic or edmunson should be dropped after a mistake, they should be allowed to work with the experienced guy and be guided through a rough patch

Mind you, with the fuck ups goldson has shown this season, who'd fucking listen to him now, tarriers at home, sheep, killie away, hamilton at home, and thats the ones that have resulted in us dropping points, he's made many more than havent been capitalised on

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

, then has a howler at St johnstone, and instead of being coached, probably when he'll need it most, he is flung to the side again

Not only is he flung to the side, the manager has another dig claiming he can’t wait for Helander to come back.  Compare and contrast to Goldson on Wednesday...

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tav has certainly got it tight since the Cup Final. 

I’m not comparing but some never looked at Gary Stevens the same after 89. Just the way it is.

He has been here the longest sadly for Rangers .Don’t get that comparison tbh 

Stevens won leagues and cups 

His mistake cost us a treble .Yet he was still a winner 

Tav will never be 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He has been here the longest sadly for Rangers .Don’t get that comparison tbh 

Stevens won leagues and cups 

His mistake cost us a treble .Yet he was still a winner 

Tav will never be 

I’m just saying some people can never forgive a mistake no matter what they go on to achieve if it is high profile enough.

With Tav because he, as you say, is likely to never win anything with us it makes it even easier to criticise him.

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m just saying some people can never forgive a mistake no matter what they go on to achieve if it is high profile enough.

With Tav because he, as you say, is likely to never win anything with us it makes it even easier to criticise him.

Plus with tav his mistakes arent due to a mere lapse in concentration, or a miscalculation etc, tav is a honking defender that has got away with it due to having a bit of pace to get back and cover his failings, or had candieas to do it for him

With tav its 90mins of him being a below average fullback for a club like ours, asking him to defend is bad enough, its even worse when he's asked to attack and defend, he simply isnt good enough and never will be

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

So he publicly backs the senior player who should have the experience and character (considering he’s vice captain) to handle the criticism while he has publicly hung out the younger, less experienced defender to dry when he probably needs an arm around the shoulder. How arse about end is that?

Gerrard said he had looked over the tape and saw that it was an error and respected that Goldson had come to him and admitted his mess up. Gerrard accepted that. I don't think Halliday has been hung out to dry, I think he saw his team mates devastated and volunteered to make the apology. 

For me, this shows he has the maturity and wisdom of what It takes to be a Rangers captain or vice captain. I hope to see Halliday get more game time, he may lack in performance but he makes up for it in mentality, he deserves a shot at one of these roles. 

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate you asked what benefits they get from playing with him and I've given you an actual quote from one of them saying he improves them every day ffs.

It's on Katic and Edmundson to build on their potential and cut out the sloppiness that they both have shown far more than Goldson despite playing what must be less than a quarter of the games in comparison between the pair of them.

The main thing you highlighted was his supposed coaching through the game as a benefit to having him. He's not improved in 2 years, if one of the benefits of having him here is to help others progress then he's failing there as well. So that benefit is completely removed. Of course it's not down to him, solely, that Katic and Edmundson aren't quite up to standard yet but he is supposed to help these boys develop playing next to them and he's not. It's not worked out. He's not up to the required standard, he's not the only one, but there's absolutely no justification for starting him every game anymore. We need better. 

19 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Don’t know who you are talking about but I watched that No13 of theirs Alec Gogić give a lesson in work rate to better paid players, he was everywhere, noticed him when he came on he looked like a dosser, he had what looked like ankle socks on, his clearances with the head and foot were constant, his tackling wasn’t too bad either. For a bottom of the league player he showed up ours with his hunger and determination. 

That's the guy I meant. 

12 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Gerrard said he had looked over the tape and saw that it was an error and respected that Goldson had come to him and admitted his mess up. Gerrard accepted that. I don't think Halliday has been hung out to dry, I think he saw his team mates devastated and volunteered to make the apology. 

For me, this shows he has the maturity and wisdom of what It takes to be a Rangers captain or vice captain. I hope to see Halliday get more game time, he may lack in performance but he makes up for it in mentality, he deserves a shot at one of these roles. 

DBBTB wasnt talking abouy halliday 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

No way should he be considered as captain. You need to have the skill of a footballer.  He’s terrible. 

45 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

It’s automatic he gets the armband when the captain is injured 

Why. I don't like seeing a goalie as captain, but I'd rather Greegsy got the armband than Goldson

28 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

Why. I don't like seeing a goalie as captain, but I'd rather Greegsy got the armband than Goldson

Because he’s the vice captain and every team in the world gives the armband to the vice captain when the captain is unavailable. 

not sure you really get this football malarkey mate 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Because he’s the vice captain and every team in the world gives the armband to the vice captain when the captain is unavailable. 

not sure you really get this football malarkey mate 

Why is he vice captain of Rangers? The guys an utter shitebag.

Archived