Does SG get it?

ps95v7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't signed winners for a team that have to win every game so no I don't think he does get it. TBH if you bring in a successful Liverpool captain you would assume that he would get what has to happen at Ibrox but apparently not. The problem is if you sign a lot of players who aren't used to winning and pay them well then the money is all that really matters to them.

Tomorrow will be interesting because obviously their minds will be on Leverkusen (perhaps their next big move to the bundesliga?) so perhaps we are looking at another tynecastle non-performance?

Sorry to be so negative but reality bites 

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Fuck me who would want to manage us with a support like ours...some of our support are embarrassing with the constant witch hunt against our manager....it really has become a case of unless you are winning every thing insight you are a useless cunt....it doesn't work that way at a club like Rangers....the clue is in the word SUPPORT.....which too many of our glory hunting fan base refuse to give when the chips are down....yes everyone wants to win games and trophies but threads like this to further attack the managers mind set about what Rangers are about are pathetic. 

Thing is we have won NOTHING in site.

No one is giving in. 

As regards mind set, you are the one accepting second best. No one else. Appears it is you who is surrending to a manager who has badly fucked up and can take us no further.

Defeat is part of the game, but is the manner of defeat that will prove your worth. Capitulating with shitebaggery is not the Rangers way, well unless you have redifined it to suit your very flawed narrative.

I'm sure you gave the same blind faith to Mark, Pedro and Murty and my goodness, we would have been champions of Europe by now, right?

:mutley:

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Fuck me who would want to manage us with a support like ours...some of our support are embarrassing with the constant witch hunt against our manager....it really has become a case of unless you are winning every thing insight you are a useless cunt....it doesn't work that way at a club like Rangers....the clue is in the word SUPPORT.....which too many of our glory hunting fan base refuse to give when the chips are down....yes everyone wants to win games and trophies but threads like this to further attack the managers mind set about what Rangers are about are pathetic. 

Couldn’t agree more. I appreciate we are all supporters but some of the negativity on here is way OTT.  Judging by some of the statements here they should be phoning Samaritans for counselling.

no marks like Craigan are already trying to destabilise the manager by   Telling us he looks like a broken man, and as for Sutton, ....?

Do we see a pattern here..? We should be more alarmed and concerned that the Scottish mhedia are once again attempting to create    a story ( a negative/destabilising story ) that will only serve to pile more pressure on the managerial team, supporters, and players.

We are going thru a difficult period, but compared to where we came from we have made enormous progress.  Success will come ...perhaps not as quick as we would like and unfortunately our rivals will make it difficult during our journey. Gerrard is the man to take us further along this road. Let’s stick with him.

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Thing is we have won NOTHING in site.

No one is giving in. 

As regards mind set, you are the one accepting second best. No one else. Appears it is you who is surrending to a manager who has badly fucked up and can take us no further.

Defeat is part of the game, but is the manner of defeat that will prove your worth. Capitulating with shitebaggery is not the Rangers way, well unless you have redifined it to suit your very flawed narrative.

I'm sure you gave the same blind faith to Mark, Pedro and Murty and my goodness, we would have been champions of Europe by now, right?

:mutley:

Where did I say I was accepting 2nd best? Where did I mention blind faith to the other managers, I'm merely pointing out that it's impossible to win all the time, I'm old enough to remember Jock Wallaces 2 trebles, I started going to games about 81 and witnessed 5 yesars of shite until the Souness revolution....I've seen the good and bad since the mid 70s so I just don't throw the hissy fits like some in here because I know we will take our place at the top again eventually.....I'm sure then all will be good with all the temperamentals in here.

Not like you to miss the point AGAIN BA👍

16 minutes ago, Trialist said:

Couldn’t agree more. I appreciate we are all supporters but some of the negativity on here is way OTT.  Judging by some of the statements here they should be phoning Samaritans for counselling.

no marks like Craigan are already trying to destabilise the manager by   Telling us he looks like a broken man, and as for Sutton, ....?

Do we see a pattern here..? We should be more alarmed and concerned that the Scottish mhedia are once again attempting to create    a story ( a negative/destabilising story ) that will only serve to pile more pressure on the managerial team, supporters, and players.

We are going thru a difficult period, but compared to where we came from we have made enormous progress.  Success will come ...perhaps not as quick as we would like and unfortunately our rivals will make it difficult during our journey. Gerrard is the man to take us further along this road. Let’s stick with him.

Spot on, who needs enemies when our own support give them all the ammunition the crave for

He is right in a way.

Our players need protection from the non stop media attacks for a start. Look what has happened to Morelos for example it has been nothing more than a concerted attack. Even Kent for his celebration was way over the top.

They need protection on the field of play. Picking up bookings for innocuous incidents whilst getting the shit kicked out of them without repercussions. 

From having stupid statements put out without anyone saying they you better rephrase that or not say it at all. 

As an old cunt I'm a firm believer of man the fuck up but times have changed. A decent sports psychologist is employed by most big teams nowadays but our players look fragile as fuck.

So I would say that they need protection but they also need to step up and be counted. 

Hopefully the club take note and pull their finger out and start caring what happens to people out with the board and the players learn how to grow a pair and not want their mummy when things don't go their way.

A couple of decent fighters in there to lead the way is definitely needed..

19 minutes ago, Trialist said:

We don’t need the media for negative stories we’ve got enough fucking players to do that. Apart from Europe we’ve not made enormous progress and we are now going backwards faster than the French army during ww2. If you don’t think Gerrard has looked like a broken man after the last 2 fuck ups then you are kidding yourself on.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

We don’t need the media for negative stories we’ve got enough fucking players to do that. Apart from Europe we’ve not made enormous progress and we are now going backwards faster than the French army during ww2. If you don’t think Gerrard has looked like a broken man after the last 2 fuck ups then you are kidding yourself on.

I don’t think he looks like a broken man,  up he should be with all the vitriol from  some of our own fans.

14 minutes ago, Trialist said:

I don’t think he looks like a broken man,  up he should be with all the vitriol from  some of our own fans.

He’s had plenty of praise since he came here but any manager would expect dogs abuse for the utter shite we’re getting served up just now.

53 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Where did I say I was accepting 2nd best? Where did I mention blind faith to the other managers, I'm merely pointing out that it's impossible to win all the time, I'm old enough to remember Jock Wallaces 2 trebles, I started going to games about 81 and witnessed 5 yesars of shite until the Souness revolution....I've seen the good and bad since the mid 70s so I just don't throw the hissy fits like some in here because I know we will take our place at the top again eventually.....I'm sure then all will be good with all the temperamentals in here.

Not like you to miss the point AGAIN BA👍

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHH....

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

He has a 4 year contract from December 2019.

It will cost the Board  to decide to terminate....which I hope,incidentally, that  they do not do.

You don't know if it will cost anything...

On 06/03/2020 at 19:06, bornabear said:

My only wish is that he does get it, it leaves Glasgow Central  to Liverpool Lime Street, cheapest £17.50.

I'm all ears ,who's your replacement. His European record is spectacular and the season before he joined the Tim's beat us 14-3 on aggregate. We beat them 4-3 last season and have been the best team head to head with so far imo. I can't get my head round our collapse but one things for sure missing 30 chances v Hamilton was nowt to do with Gerrard and Morelos, Kent ,Jack, Davis and Tavernier have been chronic since the break and that's not Gerrards fault either. No team can have so many big players off form and not struggle. Careful what u wish for.

13 hours ago, tomger said:

I didn't say that, no one knows .....

I'd say we all know it.

Are you suggesting theres even a remote chance Gerrard would walk for nothing? That McAllister, Beale, the others that came at his request would stay without him at the helm, or that they too would walk for nothing?

The cost will be somewhere in amongst the detail in his contract and basic employment law. If these guys have contracts clubs cant just sack and not pay anything. That's nonsense to suggest.  

So the law will mean there is something to pay. In what scenario would there not be?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd say we all know it.

Are you suggesting theres even a remote chance Gerrard would walk for nothing? That McAllister, Beale, the others that came at his request would stay without him at the helm, or that they too would walk for nothing?

The cost will be somewhere in amongst the detail in his contract and basic employment law. If these guys have contracts clubs cant just sack and not pay anything. That's nonsense to suggest.  

So the law will mean there is something to pay. In what scenario would there not be?

No silverware clause? Are the board that clever? Of course not....... It just grates me when people say it will cost millions when the truth is we don't know what clauses are there. It surely is like any company where the company will look after themselves first? But again this board I'm not sure. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd say we all know it.

The amount of " get rid" money we have paid over the years must come to a tidy sum, I don't pay too much attention to other clubs dealings in getting rid of duffers but we seem to get stung pretty regularly.

16 minutes ago, tomger said:

No silverware clause? Are the board that clever? Of course not....... It just grates me when people say it will cost millions when the truth is we don't know what clauses are there. It surely is like any company where the company will look after themselves first? But again this board I'm not sure. 

Football is different from most industries. Players contracts arent usual in other industries after all. Nor is buying an employee.

It will cost money to sack the entourage unless they decide to not take their entitled compensation. The amount I'd agree we dont know.

But if you're holding out for no silverware clauses to escape payouts, especially after contracts have just been extended, then I reckon you've got a long wait ahead.

18 minutes ago, pcbear said:

The amount of " get rid" money we have paid over the years must come to a tidy sum, I don't pay too much attention to other clubs dealings in getting rid of duffers but we seem to get stung pretty regularly.

We have and do seem to pay fortunes. But that's the price of paying more than players deserve and no one else being willing to pay that when we want to move them on.

FWIW I reckon it's a similar issue across the city, it's just theirs are reported more positively by media.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Football is different from most industries. Players contracts arent usual in other industries after all. Nor is buying an employee.

It will cost money to sack the entourage unless they decide to not take their entitled compensation. The amount I'd agree we dont know.

But if you're holding out for no silverware clauses to escape payouts, especially after contracts have just been extended, then I reckon you've got a long wait ahead.

I'm not holding out for anything. I don't think it will cost 10 million as another poster has said somewhere. I still hope Gerrard can succeed here but it looks less likely by every game as he isn't dropping the problem players. Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We have and do seem to pay fortunes. But that's the price of paying more than players deserve and no one else being willing to pay that when we want to move them on.

FWIW I reckon it's a similar issue across the city, it's just theirs are reported more positively by media.

With proper scouting and background checks the ones with the ability but not the mental toughness should not be purchased, the ones we pay off are mostly in that boat imo, 

Just an observance, just how many backroom staff are really required?  the dugout is starting to resemble a cinema seating arrangement, not just at Ibrox may I add.

Just now, pcbear said:

With proper scouting and background checks the ones with the ability but not the mental toughness should not be purchased, the ones we pay off are mostly in that boat imo, 

Signings are always a gamble  to an extent and I reckon the mentality / character part is the hardest aspect.  But far too many of our gambles have failed, seems forever we've been saying it, and it needs to change if we've to have any chance of building up a squad to compete over a season.

Archived