Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pcbear

Billy Gilmour add ons.

Recommended Posts

The under 18s beat Aberdeen 6-2 today and next to the report was the clubs report on the Billy Gilmour transfer, part of it said.

"The agreement will provide Rangers with a significant sum for a young player who has yet to play first team football, and further significant amounts could be due based on milestones being reached.We are pleased with this outcome and believe this deal represents good value for Rangers."

So debut in the first team/ x amount of appearances/ international caps all milestones?

Blumhoilann and HG5 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Sure it will be mate but itll be pennies compared to how much the boy will be worth in 2 or 3 seasons time. The joys of having a youth setup that doesnt give opportunities. The boy was right in going to Chelsea.

I would hope that one of the add ons will be a % of a future transfer fee when he leaves Chelsea, there was quite a bit of interest in Gilmour at the time and maybe Chelsea were a bit generous with their add ons to get the deal/steal done.

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I would hope that one of the add ons will be a % of a future transfer fee when he leaves Chelsea, there was quite a bit of interest in Gilmour at the time and maybe Chelsea were a bit generous with their add ons to get the deal/steal done.

We may have to wait a while.

On the evidence of his showing the other night, they’ll be in no hurry to part with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

We may have to wait a while.

On the evidence of his showing the other night, they’ll be in no hurry to part with him.

That was an outstanding performance, to be motm over mega million pound players and take it all in his stride was class, that display will not have gone un noticed elsewhere by the real big clubs and there will be a tag on him now.

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pcbear said:

That was an outstanding performance, to be motm over mega million pound players and take it all in his stride was class, that display will not have gone un noticed elsewhere by the real big clubs and there will be a tag on him now.

It was!

I think he’ll be there for a bit.

Think how long Hazard carried Chelsea before his big move came along

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Blues said:

He has played one game....did really well but he has a long way to go

He was MOTM in a game against Liverpool first team players. I think it is safe to say he is the real deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Oh yes Chelsea, world renowned for bringing young players through.

People just want to have a moan about everything now.

Gilmour would have made it us if e had stayed because he's that good a talent, like Ferguson was 20 years before him.

Plenty went on to do well later, but can't think of a kid who didn't make it for us who was ready to shine at the time they were here. If they're good enough they'll play, but they have to be good enough.

Good point well seeing it's being ingored 

Laudrupsleftfoot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Club made him  a brilliant offer he decided to go to Chelsea.

Firmly believe he’ll be the best Scottish player in a generation.

All the best to the lad.

I thought he might have been lost in the Chelsea hoovering up 100's of potential players every year scheme, but fair play to him having the confidence in his ability to mix it with the best and against huge odds he has made it to the first team, as a few have said he has more than a touch of the young Barry Ferguson about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HG5 said:

It was!

I think he’ll be there for a bit.

Think how long Hazard carried Chelsea before his big move came along

Did they not sign hazard for 33 million or something. The boys made a good return for them  but if gilmour moves for hazard's original fee it would be amazing business for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Finny said:

Did they not sign hazard for 33 million or something. The boys made a good return for them  but if gilmour moves for hazard's original fee it would be amazing business for them. 

Certainly will👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Lineker and co were over the top and motm was a bit much. He did well and had a few nice touches in the first half. Even Frank said he has a lot of hard work to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we have a contract with add ons we have done well ,Pretty sure Chelsea didn’t even have to even pay us any more than a nominal fee for him as he hadn’t signed a pro contract yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...