Billy Gilmour add ons.

pcbear

9 hours ago, The Blues said:

I thought Lineker and co were over the top and motm was a bit much. He did well and had a few nice touches in the first half. Even Frank said he has a lot of hard work to do. 

Did he, aye?

A few nice touches aye?

We had an 18 year old running the show against the European Champions and EPL champions elect. Now how many of ours would even get near the Chelsea bench again? 

Never did like the kerryfail tv channel. You enjoy now.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, pcbear said:

I thought he might have been lost in the Chelsea hoovering up 100's of potential players every year scheme, but fair play to him having the confidence in his ability to mix it with the best and against huge odds he has made it to the first team, as a few have said he has more than a touch of the young Barry Ferguson about him.

I played beside Barry Ferguson for a few games growing up and was absolutely superb. Charlie Miller was a bit older but he was even better.

i seen Gilmour at HTC when he was nine and couldn’t believe what i was watching.

The next time i seen him he was 10/11 year old and playing 2 years ahead of himself - small but just his touch and awareness carried him through.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I played beside Barry Ferguson for a few games growing up and was absolutely superb. Charlie Miller was a bit older but he was even better.

i seen Gilmour at HTC when he was nine and couldn’t believe what i was watching.

The next time i seen him he was 10/11 year old and playing 2 years ahead of himself - small but just his touch and awareness carried him through.

If he stays injury free he should have a fantastic career ahead of him.

I know Chelsea  will have honed his skills but him  being at Rangers from the age of 7 or 8 to his 16th birthday would have moulded the player and the person to where he is now, I know loads can go wrong between the ages of 16 (world beater) and 18 (also ran) which happens all the time but anyone like yourself or Elf who reports on here had his card marked as being a special talent and seems destined for the top.

Will Gilmour play in the next league game no......he is a young player with good potential ...he didn’t run the show but he had a few nice touches and interceptions...Lineker and co went over the top for some reason. As Frank said....plenty of work for Billy to do.

56 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I remember Charlie Miller playing for us when he first came through ,He was better than Ferguson was  at the same age ,Maybe if Miller had an older brother who fucked up a promising career he may have also matured into a top player 

27 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Will Gilmour play in the next league game no......he is a young player with good potential ...he didn’t run the show but he had a few nice touches and interceptions...Lineker and co went over the top for some reason. As Frank said....plenty of work for Billy to do.

He’s 18. 

1 hour ago, The Blues said:

I think he will have too. Kante, Jorginho,kovacic all injured.

From what I remember at the time Chelsea gave us a fair bit more that they needed to and there were some add one. Unfortunately that is the system,we have made use of it ourselves ,swings and roundabouts. Just wish him all the best. 

25 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

From what I remember at the time Chelsea gave us a fair bit more that they needed to and there were some add one. Unfortunately that is the system,we have made use of it ourselves ,swings and roundabouts. Just wish him all the best. 

I remember getting Gattuso from Perugia? and them going mad because it was for nothing or a token fee.

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I remember Charlie Miller playing for us when he first came through ,He was better than Ferguson was  at the same age ,Maybe if Miller had an older brother who fucked up a promising career he may have also matured into a top player 

Charlie was the best i’ve ever seen but typical Daft Glasgow boy.

BBC Scotland wbsite coverage latest describes him as the young Scottish Footballer and goes on about his skill and potential.His time at Rangers/Rangers Academy not given a single mention.No surprise there.But google his name elsewhere and we are mentioned repeatedly in his development.

On 07/03/2020 at 10:16, The Blues said:

Yes he will play. 

On 07/03/2020 at 10:16, The Blues said:

Post aged well eh.

You know what the sad thing on this is.  If he was still with Rangers he would be playing for the Colts or warming the bench which is all that is wrong with the team just now.  How many other gems do we have sitting that will eventually get fucked off and leave for free or a nominal fee

5 minutes ago, fin8577 said:

You know what the sad thing on this is.  If he was still with Rangers he would be playing for the Colts or warming the bench which is all that is wrong with the team just now.  How many other gems do we have sitting that will eventually get fucked off and leave for free or a nominal fee

Was he not on the verge of the first team before he left?

Archived