Billy Gilmour add ons.

pcbear

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Only have ourselves to blame. Should have been playing him in Cup games etc before he left. 

When he turned 16 was pedro not the manager? That may have had a bearing on him leaving, it would've been hard to turn down Chelsea anyway.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

When he turned 16 was pedro not the manager? That may have had a bearing on him leaving, it would've been hard to turn down Chelsea anyway.

He's got the mentality to succeed he knew he could break into the Chelsea team. Wish our players now had some of that.

21 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

So many people on here use the term for tackles that we want to see our own putting in.

Same people that use that term probably have a hard on for Souness’ tackles.

All the best to young Billy and it's a shame we couldn't keep a hold of him but how much does it sum up Scottish football that this is the 1st player we have produced anywhere near competing in the premiership at his age or even prematurely I may add being world class. 

There are so many small countries that have produced world class players every few years. Scotland really is a backward country for producing talented footballers. 

You think we would use what has happened with Gilmour and realise that we need to be getting the likes of Kai Kennedy on the pitch now. 

We managed to keep ahold of him but apparently the likes Liverpool, Bayern, Man City and Roma were looking at him so he obviously has something about him.

There is absolutely no reason that he shouldn’t be getting run outs from the bench now especially when it’s people like Barker, Ojo and Stewart who we usually turn to.

Just now, DBBTB said:

You think we would use what has happened with Gilmour and realise that we need to be getting the likes of Kai Kennedy on the pitch now. 

We managed to keep ahold of him but apparently the likes Liverpool, Bayern, Man City and Roma looking at him so he obviously has something about him.

There is absolutely no reason that he shouldn’t be getting run outs from the bench now especially when it’s people like Barker, Ojo and Stewart who we usually turn to.

The interesting one will be how we handle Leon King.

By all accounts he could be the next big thing. I can see him getting a run-out this season.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The interesting one will be how we handle Leon King.

By all accounts he could be the next big thing. I can see him getting a run-out this season.

I see that he signed a new deal but  didn’t realise that it’s only for another 2 years. 

We need to show that there is a real pathway to the first and not just lip service because these boys aren’t going to hang about if some of them don’t break through and get minutes.

Leon King should be getting game time now to see if he's capable. If he doesn't get any between now and the end of the season then you can pretty much guarantee we won't see him next season - not a chance he gets thrown in, untested in such an important season.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I see that he signed a new deal but  didn’t realise that it’s only for another 2 years. 

We need to show that there is a real pathway to the first and not just lip service because these boys aren’t going to hang about if some of them don’t break through and get minutes.

with it only being a 2 yr deal that’s why i suspect we’ll play him at some point in first team.

Once he sees pathway then that 2yr might become 4 or 5.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This was discussed the other day and someone posted the other day that at the age of 16 a two year deal is the longest that can be offered, how true it is I don't know.

2 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

I get what you say but Barry ferguson did alright to be fair. He was a classy player who could stand up to that, in hindsight I don't think a lot of us appreciated just how good he was.

I think the standard of player he was brought in alongside is superior to what we have now. Not to mention we weren't desperately trying to stop them doing 10 in a row so managers could take a chance.

Due to clauses stuck in the youngster's contract when he moved from Ibrox to Stamford Bridge, Gilmour has already earned the club an additional £250,000.

Rangers received this when the Scotland U21 international made his full Blues debut last year.

The Post say that they will earn the same amount once Gilmour completes ten starts for the Blues.

Other bonuses will take the full total to well over £1million.

However, the most significant nugget for the Gers, is that they reportedly have a 15% sell-on clause.

According to the sun. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

So many people on here use the term for tackles that we want to see our own putting in.

People act like like other countries are playing football and we're playing signing them to play rugby. Is our league physical? Sure. Are we still playing football? Yes. 

A foul in France is still a foul in Scotland

38 minutes ago, aird said:

Due to clauses stuck in the youngster's contract when he moved from Ibrox to Stamford Bridge, Gilmour has already earned the club an additional £250,000.

Rangers received this when the Scotland U21 international made his full Blues debut last year.

The Post say that they will earn the same amount once Gilmour completes ten starts for the Blues.

However, the most significant nugget for the Gers, is that they reportedly have a 15% sell-on clause.

According to the sun. 

We probably meant to put in %15 clause but James Blair drew it up and put in %1.5 instead.

48 minutes ago, Broxi said:

People act like like other countries are playing football and we're playing signing them to play rugby. Is our league physical? Sure. Are we still playing football? Yes. 

A foul in France is still a foul in Scotland

Only difference there is that the likes of France and Holland are bringing through young players who are becoming top class players and therefore are bringing French and Dutch clubs high income from transfer fees.  With very few exceptions, Billy Gilmour being the classic  example, this isn't happening in Scotland

54 minutes ago, aird said:

According to the sun. 

That if true will be an excellent clause, if he carries on to have a spectacular spell at Chelsea and Modric's  legs run out at Madrid Gilmour could earn us more as a sell on than any player we have transferred😃

All tongue in cheek.

The lad interviewed at the end of the game. Becoming a bit of a personality down there being so young and playing so well.

Lampard singing his praises of him again. 18 means nothing to me says Lampard. 

Plays in the middle of a midfield three and they bossed it says the pundits.

Our midfield three are obviously doing something wrong.

Well done that lad.

39 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The lad interviewed at the end of the game. Becoming a bit of a personality down there being so young and playing so well.

Lampard singing his praises of him again. 18 means nothing to me says Lampard. 

Plays in the middle of a midfield three and they bossed it says the pundits.

Our midfield three are obviously doing something wrong.

Well done that lad.

So a Billy Gilmour thread still gives you an opportunity to be critical...fuck me, take a day off

Archived